Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What can i do with the MapID?
Not a lot truth be told--if you're willing, you can add it to this spreadsheet along with other details of your order to help us determine if there's any discernible pattern in the RNs, Vehicle Mapping IDs, configurations, and delivery dates.

The general aim is to better understand when we all might get our cars.

Ok I've created a new sheet in the master Google doc below, second tab.

It would be helpful for people who post their vehicleMapId to also post their RN if it's not in their profile, thanks. (Order date too, if possible).

So far it looks like this ID is chronological, based on original order date and reservation number. But more data would be helpful.

For those catching on this thread, look for vehicleMapId in your browser's inspector/console while viewing your account order page.

I don't see vehicleMapId in my inspector

EDIT: it's in the page source code, not the element inspector.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Es
Adding another data point here. I'm in the RN1147 group and my delivery estimate updated this morning to "August." My specs are LR Solid Black with all black interior and 19" wheels being delivered to western Pennsylvania. For what it's worth, I've also added FSD, but I can't see why something purely software would affect delivery times unless "revenue earned" is a prioritization factor.

The "Data.Registration" object within my account page's source code has "vehicleMapId": 2826xxxx element, but no VIN listed. I'm not sure if these have any predictive power. If you're interested in getting that data point, you can do the following:
  • Open the console
    • Chrome: Command + Option + J on a Mac, Control + Shift + J on a PC
    • Firefox: Command + Shift + J on a Mac, Control + Shift + J on a PC
    • Safari: Option + Command + C
  • Type in Tesla.ProductF.Data.Registration.result.vehicleMapId and press enter.
You'll either get a number or undefined, depending on whether the value is there. Would be curious where others who have recently updated delivery estimates land.
Yep, I got my August date back on my LR MS, Red Paint, Black interior, 19” wheels in AZ.
vehicleMapId: 2723xxxx.

ordered March 10

Then there is this...

Some lucky owner has his LR Black/black, wood trim, 21" at the Indy Tesla store.

Good on you. I did not put any fingerprints on the vehicle, only looked upon it as any neglected girlfriend might look upon the one they pine for.

Not a big fan of the tire shine they use. A bit too glossy. Still would be happy to receive my configuration with that shine.

Elon... Where is my Plaid?
Are they shipping with the front license plate mount installed? My model 3 performance came with the mount in the trunk - not already on. Can it be removed without damaging the paint/bumper?

Tint scheduled for Thursday! I think I'm going to do 50 front windows, 35 rear windows and trunk, 70 windshield. I know @omarsultan did 55% all around and 70% on the windshield and that looked pretty clean, but not as dark as I would like. Has anyone done a darker tint and have photos? 😄
Don't know the window tint laws in CA but FL has >28% VLT front windows & >15% VLT for back seat windows & rear window. I'll likely do 28% all around...don't like when the back is darker than the front; it's a better look when it's the same all around, imho.

Funny b/c I was actually thinking the same thing. But technically, even if they stick down under the front & rear fenders a few inches, they're blocked by the car's wheels/tires & wheel wells so it shouldn't make much difference in aerodynamics, right? btw - found this (probably for 2012-2020 MS but may fit????)... https://www.amazon.com/Nansure-Spla...mud+flaps+tesla+model+s&qid=1627947449&sr=8-6
That's true, but I'm sure it reduces the range by some amount - I wonder if there have been any experiments.

Good luck with that. I've had a VIN for two weeks (and was told that my car was built and waiting to be put on a train on 7/24) and every time I get to within single digits away from my date range, it gets pushed out again. Went from 8/11-8/14 to 8/15-8/18 overnight last night.
I am the same as you. Moved again this morning though but today was the begining of the next 3 day window. Bc of the hold, (affected me, my window was the hold Friday and SC emailed me that day to setup delivery date then I called on Monday and my SA confirmed delivery hold) I think they literally might not have enough now built of the right specs being produced, and fixed ready that passed inspection, to fill a car hauler once trained for us East coast deliveries. Not complaining. Just observations. All us Plaid/LR 21” with longtime VINs and new Aug 3-day windows on East coast seem to be aligning for sometime the next 7-10 days