Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@drdonger - I spoke with James at the Tint World in Rowlett ((972) 512-4745). He was very helpful and unless I find a very significant price difference elsewhere, just the customer service he provided on that 10-minute phone call will get them my business!! Good customer service is becoming a rare trait!!!
LOL, I literally spoke to James a couple hours ago. I’ll be brining my Plaid there next week hopefully to get full coverage of Suntek Reaction PPF and window tint. I’ve heard really good things about their work and their quoted price was really competitive.

LOL, I literally spoke to James a couple hours ago. I’ll be brining my Plaid there next week hopefully to get full coverage of Suntek Reaction PPF and window tint. I’ve heard really good things about their work and their quoted price was really competitive.
@Cysco please send pics and let me know how it goes. I was impressed with his knowledge and his willingness/desire to help and provide information. I have a plethora of things to take in there to have installed that I've collected over the past few months that I'd like installed along with all you're having done.

Depends on the wire and temp...again bigger wire is safer and no problem if you don't mind the added cost. I ended up using 6 gauge on 50 amp breakers for a 40 amp draw but only cause I was running up against the limits of my sub panel preventing me from using 60 amp breakers.
View attachment 691307
Makes sense! Yeah I used nm-b wire. I have plenty of space, and 200a service, so figured “what the hell” haha

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
@Cysco please send pics and let me know how it goes. I was impressed with his knowledge and his willingness/desire to help and provide information. I have a plethora of things to take in there to have installed that I've collected over the past few months that I'd like installed along with all you're having done.
Will do! They seem a little skittish to work on Teslas. I asked if would be able to paint my brake calipers. He said they were uncomfortable taking off the wheels. Lol. Also asked if they could it tint on the roof and he was unsure if that’s something they could do. We’ll see how it goes!

Looks great! How is visibility from the sides at night? Heat reduction? Can you share cost? Many thanks!
No problem with visibility at night. Its not that dark so the interior is still visible.
3m ceramic IR for $900 including the front. I did notice the cabin remains a bit cool after tinting but the glass roof lets through a lot of heat. Will probably do that next year since I am broke at the moment lol

My roadster has turned into my Plaid order. This is obviously a sign. /s

Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 5.59.05 PM.png

Will do! They seem a little skittish to work on Teslas. I asked if would be able to paint my brake calipers. He said they were uncomfortable taking off the wheels. Lol. Also asked if they could it tint on the roof and he was unsure if that’s something they could do. We’ll see how it goes!
Local shop I use really impressed me with the prep they did before painting my calipers on my 2017 MS. The plastic even covers the underbody to eliminate any chance of overspray. Suggest going to a good wheel shop for painting calipers and a good tint/wrap shop for those services.
1627953627611.png

1627953725759.png

Do you guys know the latest we can schedule our pickup appointment after we are notified that it's ready for pickup?

I'm going to be away Aug 24th - 31st and worried that it might be ready during that window lol
If I thought for one second I would end up having my car delivered while I was out of town, I would leave town tonight.

Last edited:
Adding another data point here. I'm in the RN1147 group and my delivery estimate updated this morning to "August." My specs are LR Solid Black with all black interior and 19" wheels being delivered to western Pennsylvania. For what it's worth, I've also added FSD, but I can't see why something purely software would affect delivery times unless "revenue earned" is a prioritization factor.

The "Data.Registration" object within my account page's source code has "vehicleMapId": 2826xxxx element, but no VIN listed. I'm not sure if these have any predictive power. If you're interested in getting that data point, you can do the following:
  • Open the console
    • Chrome: Command + Option + J on a Mac, Control + Shift + J on a PC
    • Firefox: Command + Shift + J on a Mac, Control + Shift + J on a PC
    • Safari: Option + Command + C
  • Type in Tesla.ProductF.Data.Registration.result.vehicleMapId and press enter.
You'll either get a number or undefined, depending on whether the value is there. Would be curious where others who have recently updated delivery estimates land.
vehicleMapId = 2717XXXX
RN# = 11461XXXX

I also can confirm it did not change from when I had a EDD vs blank now.