Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another 19” getting their VIN!!!
1628301393513.jpeg

Do you have any advice for other USAA members to get ahead of this when updating our policies? Should I avoid the web app workflow and just call USAA when I get my VIN? I was quoted about a $1200 annual increase through the website and I'm wondering if that's too high based on your experience.
I am picking up LR tomorrow and financed and insure through USAA. They said the same thing “Performance Model S” during the quote but my rate is only about $1000 more annual increase in DC and we increased our liabilities to $150k. It could be a membership discount thing. I have been with USAA for 25+ years and no claims on any of our cars or my bikes ever.

For @eddiemoy, @aerodyne, and any others looking for interior shots of the cream with wood, here ya go! Please let me know if you’re looking for other angles and I can snap more photos 📸

View attachment 693285
View attachment 693286View attachment 693288View attachment 693289View attachment 693291View attachment 693292View attachment 693293

And, one bonus shot of the trunk as a reminder to set your open height so it doesn’t hit your garage door!

View attachment 693294
@HumanInput GORGEOUS SPEC! Great photos!😍🙂

For @eddiemoy, @aerodyne, and any others looking for interior shots of the cream with wood, here ya go! Please let me know if you’re looking for other angles and I can snap more photos 📸

View attachment 693285
View attachment 693286View attachment 693288View attachment 693289View attachment 693291View attachment 693292View attachment 693293

And, one bonus shot of the trunk as a reminder to set your open height so it doesn’t hit your garage door!

View attachment 693294
did you get two key fobs and two key cards? looks good

Well took delivery yesterday. Experience was less than optimal but mostly OK. Good thing I had read through the manual twice and watched a thousand YouTube videos. Anyway, just have to say that outside of a few cosmetic issues and a squeak or rattle here or there, it's amazing. Coming from an Audi S7 and no previous BEV experience it's a ROCKET. Acceleration is beyond amazing - I can't imagine what a plaid must be like. It pulls from 0-95 steady - puts your head back into the rest. And I have 250 or so catapult (and landings) in jet aircraft as a young man. It feels the same....So far so good, but I hope they update the software soon. It is buggy and I want XM back...

Very nice. My wife says you need to tint your headlights now. :cool:
Does anyone else have a loud clunk sometimes when the car locks? Wonder if that's normal, or indicative of an issue? Doesn't happen all the time, but maybe like 30-40%.
Happens to me every time It unlocks but never when it’s locking.

View attachment 693285

View attachment 693294
Thanks a bunch for those great photos! they show good detail from good angles. Those are my colors too ... One additional shot i would like would be of the driver door opening with door open, including the roofline. Shot from about the height of the drivers head. Trying to get an idea of how the roofline compares to other Teslas i have owned. 2014 MS, 2019 M3, 2021 MY. I am hoping that the opening height is at least as high as the M3. The higher the better. As an old stiff guy i need as much entry height as possible. And, if you have a tape measure handy it would be good to see how high off ground the black rubber at the top of the opening is. It is 48.5 inches on my M3. Hoping this MS is at least that high. You could have the suspension set to normal height for that and i can add about 1.2 inches to that to see how high it would be on 'very high'. thanks!

My estimated delivery is February. One month before my birthday… kinda wishing it gets delayed a month :)
I’m guessing you will get your car in a couple of months as demand doesn’t seem to be that high. Looking at VINs , seems like Tesla has built maybe 7-8K of these so far. They are definitely not producing “thousands” of these every week like Elon claimed. Some people have been able to get a car after a week after ordering. Even people with older orders at old prices and 19 wheels are beginning to get VINs, that tells me there aren’t enough new orders at higher prices, I expect prices to drop before Christmas if not sooner. All speculation based on what I see posted on these forums

I’m guessing you will get your car in a couple of months as demand doesn’t seem to be that high. Looking at VINs , seems like Tesla has built maybe 7-8K of these so far. They are definitely not producing “thousands” of these every week like Elon claimed. Some people have been able to get a car after a week after ordering. Even people with older orders at old prices and 19 wheels are beginning to get VINs, that tells me there aren’t enough new orders at higher prices, I expect prices to drop before Christmas if not sooner. All speculation based on what I see posted on these forums
I hope you’re wrong because anytime before February will be inconvenient

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I am picking up LR tomorrow and financed and insure through USAA. They said the same thing “Performance Model S” during the quote but my rate is only about $1000 more annual increase in DC and we increased our liabilities to $150k. It could be a membership discount thing. I have been with USAA for 25+ years and no claims on any of our cars or my bikes ever.
Congrats on picking it up tomorrow! I'm assuming you elected 21" wheels? If you don't mind me asking, what rate did you get to finance through USAA?

I'm also wondering if the membership discount for the "performance model" will outweigh starting from scratch with a different insurance agency that properly assesses the LR as something "other than performance."

Though I have to admit I don't have as esteemed of an accident record as you...rest in peace wherever you are, deer that annihilated my Sentra.

Happens to me every time It unlocks but never when it’s locking.
Interesting, maybe mine is on unlock too and I’m not remembering correctly. I’ll pay closer attention next time it happens.

That being said, I also have another theory, it’s my neighbor’s central air system 😅 I didn’t have my phone with me, so the car didn’t unlock and I still heard the clunk, only to notice my neighbor’s central air was turning off at that moment.

Wonder if I’ve just had random moments of pulling into the garage and hearing that 😂 It would kind of explain why it was random…but if you’re experiencing something, now I’m back on the paranoid is something wrong train! 🚂