Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would agree with this and also throw Rivian into the mix, but for different reasons. If nothing else, Musk deserves credit for making Tesla a viable business. The Model S made EVs sexy, but still niche. The rapid push into new segments with the Model X, Model 3, Model Y and CT forced the legacy guys and gals to take notice and respond. He managed that growth while not tanking the company, which is a rare thing. I don't think they are out of the woods yet, but Tesla is past the "permanent life support" phase.

Lucid and Rivian are likely the best capitalized of the next wave to start-ups. Their first challenge is to get product to market in a scalable way (which I think they will do). The next challenge is profitability, which I think will be much more challenging--Tesla had the advantage of an open field and these folks do not. I would imagine both are attractive to legacy manufacturers looking to jump start their EV efforts.
Market capitalizations are through the roof for Lucid ($38B) and Rivian ($28B)...without delivering any vehicles. They may already be too expensive for the legacy manufacturers.

I would agree with this and also throw Rivian into the mix, but for different reasons. If nothing else, Musk deserves credit for making Tesla a viable business. The Model S made EVs sexy, but still niche. The rapid push into new segments with the Model X, Model 3, Model Y and CT forced the legacy guys and gals to take notice and respond. He managed that growth while not tanking the company, which is a rare thing. I don't think they are out of the woods yet, but Tesla is past the "permanent life support" phase.

Lucid and Rivian are likely the best capitalized of the next wave to start-ups. Their first challenge is to get product to market in a scalable way (which I think they will do). The next challenge is profitability, which I think will be much more challenging--Tesla had the advantage of an open field and these folks do not. I would imagine both are attractive to legacy manufacturers looking to jump start their EV efforts.
Totally agreed @omarsultan! Like I said earlier this morning, it's all about the mentality of these manufacturers. Thursday was proof that these companies don't really want to go EV. It's more of an appearance to be keeping up with the competition, while still being allowed to sell plug-in-hybrids with ICEs. I agree where you say that Tesla isn't quite out of the woods with regards to communication and meeting demand, but they will be VERY soon. Tesla will be/already is one of the big ones. The CT? Going to sell like hotcakes. The opening of the Superchargers? GENIUS! Like @Sigma4Life was saying, this move will see that Tesla becomes the Exxon of EV chargers. The amount of income generated from that will be Ludicrous, sorry Plaid (🤣) to say the least. And then the 25k hatchback with a 10k tax credit? Phew boiii lol!😁
Market capitalizations are through the roof for Lucid ($38B) and Rivian ($28B)...without delivering any vehicles. They may already be too expensive for the legacy manufacturers.
This is true. Maybe they will instead collaborate with those start-ups instead of buying them.

Last edited:
I think Lucid fails but their EV tech is bought. It took them quite a long time just to get the initial small set of reservations they allocated to be booked. Rivians LE got booked very quickly. I think Rivian shows a good proof of concept and gets bought my Ford or GM.

I expect Elon to give up Tesla once the 4680s are rolling. I think he stays on the board but someone else comes in and does the day-to-day. He's letting Tesla slip and it's very apparent imo. His mind and soul is with SpaceX. Totally understandable and I think Tesla will be better for it if they get a tech CEO.
Agree, although I could the the Lucid sedan as a Lexus. My bet is Elon transitions to something like Chief Product Officer once the CT starts shipping and focuses on getting FSD "feature complete", but otherwise hand the business off to someone else.

Last edited:
I wonder if that market cap will hold once folks realize neither of these will be the "next TSLA" - that Tesla was a unicorn

I wonder if that market cap will hold once folks realize neither of these will be the "next TSLA" - that Tesla was a unicorn
We shall see. The market, including a gaggle of private equity investors, has already placed huge bets on them. I love the competition. Tesla presses them and they will press Tesla. The winners....US.

For those of you still waiting for carbon fiber, it’s worth the wait. It feels the most modern to me.

Attachments

• 94F51EA6-C224-48CD-8C98-A132A4CD41E5.jpeg
    94F51EA6-C224-48CD-8C98-A132A4CD41E5.jpeg
    517.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 27F4E3AD-C437-4839-8CEB-2117FF81FD7C.jpeg
    27F4E3AD-C437-4839-8CEB-2117FF81FD7C.jpeg
    541.1 KB · Views: 58
It’s like a group intervention trying to talk sense into me. Haha..

I do really like the black wood a lot. I owned a 2018 M3P with white interior and enjoyed it. Car before that was a Macan with black interior and I liked that also.

So I wouldn’t have remorse except the stupidity of paying a $10k price hike. I can never say I have principals again. Then again I have a good amount of tesla shares so it’s an investment? Haha I suck.
No, having those shares means it's your moral responsibility to DD every aspect of the company, including trying out different customer experiences. You know, a la Richard Branson. So please feel welcome to pitch the $10k into both of our shareholder value :cool:

View attachment 693781
Just an update got my Vin yesterday after my edd shrunk to a 7 day window and got this edd this morning ordered June 7th plaid/msm/black/wood/19s
I have no VIN, but my EDD range (August 10-19) is sooner than your’s??? I have an LR rather than Plaid, but I’m not sure how that would matter in this case.

Posted in another MS thread, but figured I'd ask here as well:

Anyone else having issues with the main 17" going dark? Holding down the two buttons (I've tried 30 seconds, and two minutes) on the steering wheel reboots the driver screen, but the main screen will stay dark for hours sometimes. My car is in a detached garage with poor connectivity, but I have had this happen while out driving as well.
Ruh roh! o_O I hope Tesla pushes a new s/w update soon to all those MS's out there to resolve some of these gremlins.

Some people have had success reaching out to surrounding service centers, to be notified if someone's financing falls through or an order is cancelled. If you have no preference in colors, you might be able to get one fairly quick this way.
….. only if you are willing to pay the current price, accorded to @sam3194’s experience (unless he can convince them otherwise).