Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Red Plaid order from July w/ black interior, wood, and 21s. Similar to others on this thread I had a 2 week delivery window projected roughly two weeks out from the current day that shifted forward one day, every day for the last few weeks. This morning, it changed to February… wtf. Here’s where things get stranger, I also have a Red LR order from June w/ black interior, wood, and 19s. This weekend, the projection changed from October to ‘Nov 8 - 28’. So basically, if you believe this, I’m going to get the LR with 19s months earlier than the Plaid with 21s!? I know many of you will jump to ‘screw you dude, you order 6+ months later than me‘ but that isn’t my point. My point is - maybe order date does matter? Or maybe Red is an issue, but then why is the LR getting built sooner than Red Plaid?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
It's so entertaining reading this thread everyday. I loved my white interior on my M3P, but black this time around for me.

Would you all be happier with blank EDD or February EDD that gets moved up? Underpromise over deliver it overpromise and underdeliver?

I have a feeling with that letter being picked up by outlets higher ups said put almost everyone with a MS order at February EDD. As we know more move them UP. Then they will be happy, right? They'll expect it to be 2022 then when they get the car in 2021 they'll be like, "look! I got my car early!"

I have no idea what the right way is. I guess I'd rather have an EDD of February then get pushed up than the *sugar* show it was before?
I ordered on 7/1 and have an EDD of Nov 21st to Dec 11th. MS LR Red/Cream/19"/FSD - I'm thinking it is more that they know they have specific amount of parts that have probably now shipped with a line of sight or arrived. Now they can actually project out for rest of the year their capacity. Probably a sandbag given the way the EDDs are moving daily (mine just moved forward one day from yesterday).

The February seems to be the stock date of "we aren't confident we have capacity/parts to fulfill" and the white interior on plaid seems to indicate that - they currently don't have a line of sight to when it will be available. So they are going to sandbag the estimate to February to avoid having people given dates in Oct when they know at this point they won't have the parts available to them.

I ordered on 7/1 and have an EDD of Nov 21st to Dec 11th. MS LR Red/Cream/19"/FSD - I'm thinking it is more that they know they have specific amount of parts that have probably now shipped with a line of sight or arrived. Now they can actually project out for rest of the year their capacity. Probably a sandbag given the way the EDDs are moving daily (mine just moved forward one day from yesterday).

The February seems to be the stock date of "we aren't confident we have capacity/parts to fulfill" and the white interior on plaid seems to indicate that - they currently don't have a line of sight to when it will be available. So they are going to sandbag the estimate to February to avoid having people given dates in Oct when they know at this point they won't have the parts available to them.
I bet ours will be on the same truck if those are accurate haha. I'm in MN and my EDD is November 20 - December 10.

I ordered my MS Plaid White/White/CF/21"/FSD in March and I have the same delivery date range as you exactly. I'm in MI.

Two very different MSes, but same delivery window. 🤔

I love the forum already. 😁 Yeah, unfortunately I ordered a Grey with white interior and 19" rims.. I thought the white interior was the Gold Standard on Tesla. 😅 Now I understand the reason behind the delay, so I will have to figure out what I need to do between my lease return and Feb.
Maybe you can extend your lease on a month by month basis.

I ordered my MS Plaid White/White/CF/21"/FSD in March and I have the same delivery date range as you exactly. I'm in MI.

Two very different MSes, but same delivery window. 🤔
Very interesting, I am not sure how they are doing the line these days whether doing only certain specs at a time or if they are just going to be clustering orders they expect to ship at the same time, even if my car is produced let's say a couple weeks before yours/ship time. Will be very interesting to see how this changes moving forward. So glad I didn't sell my current M3, but I also hope that I am able to get a favorable trade-in value or sell it on the market myself for the current high rates.

290 posts in 9 years. You pacing yourself?
Yes, yes I am… but mostly it’s driven by car-buying events.

I recently rediscovered my local Tesla Facebook group and am trying to figure out where to go for tint.

What’s interesting to me is how I can walk away for several years and then come back to the very same conversations (though… *this* thread is epic).

Last edited:
Has anyone checked on 2021Plaid? I think he may need to be rebooted.

Not really saying he is a bot but I did find this on his FB page (which he will claim he does not have a FB page):
1628795030067.png

I am have any offer from Tesla to trade in my 2018 Nissan Altima. I can get $400 more if I sell it to Carvana. Does anyone have any experience with them. I probably won’t be able to get Carvana to pick up the car before the Tesla is delivered. My concern is that when caravan comes to get the car they will try to haggle on the price.
Isn't that all of the details locked in? They basically come, you might sign something (probably not, will do it digitally) and they just flat bed your car out of there? That is the benefit of them I thought.