Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I keep refreshing my Tesla account every time someone gets a VIN, but that doesn't seem to be making it change...
I have a VIN, with a projected delivery of 19 August. Every time I hit refresh I hold my breath, look away as I cringe, and then look to see if they took it away.

I have a VIN, with a projected delivery of 19 August. Every time I hit refresh I hold my breath, look away as I cringe, and then look to see if they took it away.
If they hadn't taken away @Hayseed_MS 's VIN, I would have said you were being overly cautious. But even THAT has happened. I did the exact same thing until I literally picked up.

I was told more than once, by Tesla, it’s when it’s ready for transportation- post production. Birth date is another matter.
Yes I was told the same. When car is aligned for shipment Vin is reveled on out end. Mine is already on a train headed to Alabama for a short truck ride over to Georgia. Pickup date hopefully Aug 25. Damn slow trains I guess.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Same here. I check a couple times an hour to see if my EDD has changed or they are telling me to setup delivery appointment.

I got my VIN hours after ordering. The EDD was 4 days after ordering. Woohoo! It has only gotten worse from there. The EDD slips a day every day. Now I'm looking at 8/16-8/18. Then it was in transit and now it's not and still in Fremont. I'm worried that the squawking (legitimately) from those who have been waiting a very long time might get my car bumped. I sold my 2021 LR+ because they said it was on the way. That cost me $$$ because I didn't sell it retail in order to move it fast.

Same here. I check a couple times an hour to see if my EDD has changed or they are telling me to setup delivery appointment.

I got my VIN hours after ordering. The EDD was 4 days after ordering. Woohoo! It has only gotten worse from there. The EDD slips a day every day. Now I'm looking at 8/16-8/18. Then it was in transit and now it's not and still in Fremont. I'm worried that the squawking (legitimately) from those who have been waiting a very long time might get my car bumped. I sold my 2021 LR+ because they said it was on the way. That cost me $$$ because I didn't sell it retail in order to move it fast.
Thats a crazy turn around on a VIN. There are folks on here 9+ months and waiting. I think you are going to be OK given the VIN assignment.

Well, it happened! I found my car on the lot, just off the truck! In Prep now; delivery at 5pm today or tomorrow morning. More to come....

Attachments

• msm plaid 2.jpg
    msm plaid 2.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 84
  • msm plaid.jpg
    msm plaid.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 74
  • msm plaid 3.jpg
    msm plaid 3.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 70
Update on EDD, changed from February to August 27 - August 30 . For MS LR/MSM/Black/Ebony Decor/ 19" VIN 5YJSA1E57MF439XXX
Hi All,
Moving any updates to the more specific thread
2021 MS 19" Tempest Delivery Tracking
2021 MS 19” Tempest Delivery Tracking
Good News! Tesla Account updated:

Delivery Appointment​

Aug. 30, 2021 at 01:00 PM

Order Date 12/2/2020 for MS LR/MSM/Black/Ebony Decor/ 19" Tempest Wheels VIN 5YJSA1E57MF439XXX

I have not paid attention to the actual range. My guess is in the 330-350 range for the entire 7k miles. This was a lot of mountain driving. There was wind and rain trips in there. I do not launch really at all but I do run 75 on the highway and most of the driving is highway driving.
What is your average Watt-Hr/mile so far?

For those interested , I have two quotes for insurance-Erie(incumbent for all my vehicles and homeowners) is $1,687. Progressive is $836!!
Erie is garbage, it’s all fun and games until you actually need them lol. Had them for years when I lived in PA. Currently have Allstate with a reasonable price, but it’s also bundled with home and multi car discount.

BTW: if anyone has the same config as me in Tampa area, you’ll be getting lucky as I’m going to reject my Plaid reservation.

Erie is garbage, it’s all fun and games until you actually need them lol. Had them for years when I lived in PA. Currently have Allstate with a reasonable price, but it’s also bundled with home and multi car discount.
I'm in Illinois and I've had the opposite experience with Erie. Every time I get quotes from other companies (every 5 years), Erie always comes out WAY cheaper. I've had them for many years and have had several claims including tons of hail damage on my home (replaced siding and roofs on house and workshop). Claims process was painless and quick. I've also had claims on previous cars including a totaled out truck (black ice) and a comprehensive claim when a metal pole was kicked up by a car in front of me and destroyed my bumper. Zero issues and great prices. I'm 40 with a great driving record and have multiple vehicles and a home policy. I was already quoted around 1200/yr on the plaid but that was based on the amount I paid for the car because their system wouldn't accept the VIN yet. They're telling me it will likely be cheaper than that once I take delivery and their system accepts the VIN.

With apologies to @Leodoc, I think I will be forming a Steve hates Tesla club.

On Monday I received a text from Tesla tell me that the value of my trade-in had gone up to $18200. Please note that the offer was not shown on the website since I had unselected trade-in a few months ago.

On Thursday i received the VIN. I also accepted the trade-in offer via an email link shown in the text. Because of a technical glitch, Tesla said they had to redo the appraisal for the trade-in. Over the past six months I put less than 600 miles on the car.

Today I received the offer. It was for $1000 less than the offer they texted me on Monday. I texted them a screenshot of the text offer, but they have yet to respond and I doubt they will

It doesn't really matter since I will just sell th car to a third party, but not standing behind their written offer from 3 days ago is shameful.

To add another example from the past week to their poor treatment of customers, I also asked my SA if i could pay for the FSD outside of the purchase agreement for tax purposes. Of course, the SA told me that was impossible and that removing the FSD would jack up the price of the car by $10K. At my request, she checked with a manager and who confirmed. I know this is not surprising to those of us on this board, but it just exemplifies once again the low respect that Tesla has for its patrons.

Competition cannot come soon enough.