Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The AC doesn't hurt range that bad. Drive 75 and you'll get the mileage advertised, but also I'd recommend turning off sentry mode. It would suck but at all airport your battery will die fast. If you do these things, you'll be fine even if you need to drive out of the way.

Also note that, if you had to, there are some new superchargers coming to Dallas/FT worth, so you could always charge up really quickly there if you wanted to leave on sentry mode. You'll be completely fine.
Awesome. That's good info. Thanks @Tigers. I have an EDD (actually 3) but no VIN.
WHERE'S MY CAR ELON???

Guys and Gals,

After a long wait (although not nearly as long as some of you) Tesla delivered my LR this evening. i can't tell you how much this group helped me blow off steam and express my frustration with Tesla. I won't thank any of you by name because I will miss someone, except @1021Plaid for his positivity (although I am convince he is a 13 year kid sitting in his parent's basement somewhere how came up with a brilliant idea to get noticed).

I will leave you will a small ode to my new car that I wrote today while waiting for delivery.

How long have I waited to smell the sweat perfume of your new car smell, the feel of your Yoke between my lonely fingers, the curve of your stylish bumpers and the silence of your engine. I have longed for your delights during the late nights with a gun metal imposer parked in the lonely garage. At last, my dear, at last we will be together… for the next 5 or so years and a new model is released.

Wishing you all well. I'll check in ever once in a while.

Steve (and cats Loki and Shadow)
Eh, why would you throw @2021plaid under the bus? Congratulations on the car but that was unnecessary after thanking the group supporting you during your neurosis. Don’t be a twit in your excitement. Enjoy the car…

Last edited:
Yes. After spending an extra $4,500 on the upgraded 21” Arachnids, I realized that they’re just not good enough for me and this very special EV. I just ordered mine — Signature Monoblock SV104 Brushed Black Triple Tinted to go nicely with my white MS Plaid. And these forged wheels provide a very nice ~ 40lb reduction in weight (~ 10lb off each wheel). 👍🏻😎
We are in the same boat! I upgraded to 21 just to get my car earlier. Now waiting for some forged wheels.

Anyone take delivery with the tempest wheels? Do those have all-seasons on it already or are they summers? Planning out if I need to go ahead and shop around for a winter set of tires if I do actually take delivery in the next month.
Haven’t taken delivery yet, but my SA assured me they’ll be AS in PA. I think it might depend on location but not positive.

This Plaid was at the Scottsdale delivery center and they were rushing me away from it So my pics aren’t great.
I was going with aftermarket 20” SV 104’s because IMO the 21’s were too much wheel and not enough tire, missing something in center area, and all the other issues with 21’. My opinion only. But the 19’s looked surprisingly aggressive, even on the mid height setting. The grey seems totally the wrong color, matching nothing on the outside of car anywhere. But $600 to powder coat could get the color many seem to be looking for. 2830A3C5-7681-41C2-890C-2C468BC5FFCD.jpegA1323322-0107-4ACF-8591-BD8C7CC0826F.jpeg

The owner of car was putting those caps and center red T emblem on.

9DB2A9A9-6DA7-4A6E-834D-3D8C4D650031.jpegAB4C6CC3-D0B4-4C85-8714-A1BB7D889CFA.jpeg15337A67-30AF-435B-88D8-EFB6FD8DCAE2.jpegE8E8203D-ECC1-42FE-9E2E-7202DCCF65B4.png1695A6A6-8E25-4463-90B8-C4CF7121CF37.pngE1B8ED81-444E-45C9-A6C1-BEE0DA57BEE5.png

Attachments

• 6282FD6B-A71E-4699-9B17-E36CF6543254.jpeg
    6282FD6B-A71E-4699-9B17-E36CF6543254.jpeg
    594.4 KB · Views: 63
But it’s the look that counts. Staggered is what get‘s you “styling” as you cross the finish line as the winner. And how often do you rotate your tires before replacing them?
For customers looking for ultimate efficiency and don’t care about style, may I recommend a Prius Prime?

Quick question @2021plaid (mainly to see if you're truly a bot or not), @omarsultan, @Hayseed_MS, I have a "concept of operation" with my car, that I may never get (WHERE'S MY CAR ELON). Sorry, I digress. Supposedly the MSLR will do just over 400 miles, probably a stretch since Texas speed limits are 75mph and I'm assuming the distance per battery is based on speeds LESS THAN that in The Great State of Texas.

I drive about 120 miles to work, the car sits 8-10 days, then drive 120 miles home. Because the car "can use" up to "10 miles per day" in a high traffic area with the security system on (I've been told this, haven't read this) then I have to assume a "loss" of 100 miles if I'm at work for 10 days.

This, so far, adds up to 340 miles on the battery. Then I have to assume that, because we have bad drivers in Texas that like to wreck cars on interstates, that I could get diverted, costing me an additional 40 miles of travel.

I also have to assume I'm going to run the AC, mainly because we have about 7 months of summer that ranges from hot to The Seventh Level of Hell HOT.

So is 340-380 miles "realistic" on the MSLR for those of y'all that have been driving it? I would normally charge it to the manufacturers recommended during the weeks I'm home, but when I plan to go to work I would charge it to 100%

Any and all info is greatly appreciated.
Ok, so based on your conditions, I would say yes, 340 to 380 miles is more like it. More like 350 or lower though and maybe more like 320 to 330, because your combination of relatively high highway speed, and your use of the A/C. The EPA's ratings usually go off of a 55 to 65 mph speed on the highway. Believe me, I know how hot Texas gets lol, especially with the glass roof! One tip I would give, is to the leave the recirculation on as much as possible. This increases efficiency, and will make a notable difference in range. Hope this helps!

Last edited: