Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree with your don't advertise options that you can't deliver point, but I will add from my corner of industry that supply chain issues are catching every OEM I deal with by surprise. Some weird domino effect across commodities and parts suppliers. I do think the most extreme challenge for MS order backlog is the plaid white seats...just a guess based on all the data points from this thread. Appears that every other combination of options is receiving some more credible EDD.
I think I like it better when I do my best impression
1628936714493.jpeg

I think this whole RN number thing is crap. In my mind 9/22/20 is my date because that’s the date I paid them $1k. Tesla probably considers me a 6/19/21 - the day they autoconverted me from plaid+ to plaid.

basically it don’t matter what’s in my mind!

i sure could use some positivity. So jaded and resigned!
I’m in almost the same situation: plaid+ 9/2020, moved to plaid (not autoconverted: was told to cancel plaid+ then add plaid) and sitting on an RN that does not reflect my original date. It’s been irritating. Having said that I now have a VIN, so I dunno.

I’m in almost the same situation: plaid+ 9/2020, moved to plaid (not autoconverted: was told to cancel plaid+ then add plaid) and sitting on an RN that does not reflect my original date. It’s been irritating. Having said that I now have a VIN, so I dunno.
I am reasonably certain someone that matters in this matter hates me!

Ok, so based on your conditions, I would say yes, 340 to 380 miles is more like it. More like 350 or lower though and maybe more like 320 to 330, because your combination of relatively high highway speed, and your use of the A/C. The EPA's ratings usually go off of a 55 to 65 mph speed on the highway. Believe me, I know how hot Texas gets lol, especially with the glass roof! One tip I would give, is to the leave the recirculation on as much as possible. This increases efficiency, and will make a notable difference in range. Hope this helps!
Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you sir.

Guys and Gals,

After a long wait (although not nearly as long as some of you) Tesla delivered my LR this evening. i can't tell you how much this group helped me blow off steam and express my frustration with Tesla. I won't thank any of you by name because I will miss someone, except @1021Plaid for his positivity (although I am convince he is a 13 year kid sitting in his parent's basement somewhere how came up with a brilliant idea to get noticed).

I will leave you will a small ode to my new car that I wrote today while waiting for delivery.

How long have I waited to smell the sweat perfume of your new car smell, the feel of your Yoke between my lonely fingers, the curve of your stylish bumpers and the silence of your engine. I have longed for your delights during the late nights with a gun metal imposer parked in the lonely garage. At last, my dear, at last we will be together… for the next 5 or so years and a new model is released.

Wishing you all well. I'll check in ever once in a while.

Steve (and cats Loki and Shadow)
@bananaheim Hey Steve, congrats! Looks like we both got our cars at exactly the same time! Enjoy, bro! Do share some impressions and pictures!

John (and cats Loki and Gandalf)

Last edited:
I apologize any hard feelings. I should have done more to thank @2021plaid for his endless positivity before making a joke. Perhaps it was the excitement of the day, although that is no excuse for being hurtful.
I owe you an apology too kind of. I had to reread your comment a few times. It wasn’t as harsh as I first read it. You kinda worded it weird or I read it weird. By then my comment was locked in. Have a good weekend driving your NEW CAR!

Got the worm/vein, wavy distortion rear glass, shaky/loose drivers side mirror at speed. No dented dash grill, no hanging gasket behind front grill. Gaps and molding all good. No interference or miss aligned rear door panels. Paint is perfect.
Hmmm. I think that worm thing with airbag is unfortunately in waaaay more than not seeing them all now. Glad the gaps and alignment and paint are all good. Those are my biggest fears. Anything they can’t fix in my driveway type stuff. The QC seems better nowadays on the exterior stuff. Enjoy!

Hmmm. I think that worm thing with airbag is unfortunately in waaaay more than not seeing them all now. Glad the gaps and alignment and paint are all good. Those are my biggest fears. Anything they can’t fix in my driveway type stuff. The QC seems better nowadays on the exterior stuff. Enjoy!
@SgtPepper67 Thank you! ☺️ Yeah, overall, just minor stuff (pleasantly surprised) that the SC or myself can fix. Re the vein/worm - cant really see it, but, if you take a picture it stands out more!

@SgtPepper67 Thank you! ☺️ Yeah, overall, just minor stuff (pleasantly surprised) that the SC or myself can fix. Re the vein/worm - cant really see it, but, if you take a picture it stands out more!
Congrats on the car! Mine was also suppose to arrive yesterday, they were supposed to text me but all I got was crickets. I am headed over there in a few hours to take your approach as I would never expected that to work! Were you told it was arriving on the 13th ahead of time? You are so lucky they were able to prep it all in the same day.. My DA said it takes a few days.. You must have camped out with a pocketful of $100 bills for that to happen! I'm so jealous!

@AnselmDante We need you to post something. There's waaaayyyy too much positivity flowing and we need some balance in our little universe.
Hey man…if all these edd’s are truly fake to calm the savages, the world is going to burn and it’ll get unprecedented ugly around here in about a month. 🤣😳 Great name by the way. One of my favorite books or trilogies!

I’m glad that delivery day went well for you. The wheels look good on your MSM car. Enjoy your new Plaid! 🦚 Drive it in good health!

Congrats on the car! Mine was also suppose to arrive yesterday, they were supposed to text me but all I got was crickets. I am headed over there in a few hours to take your approach as I would never expected that to work! Were you told it was arriving on the 13th ahead of time? You are so lucky they were able to prep it all in the same day.. My DA said it takes a few days.. You must have camped out with a pocketful of $100 bills for that to happen! I'm so jealous!
Yeah I might have to pop over to my SC with a couple dozen bagels & cream cheese one morning when it’s time to pick up, haha

This Plaid was at the Scottsdale delivery center and they were rushing me away from it So my pics aren’t great.
I was going with aftermarket 20” SV 104’s because IMO the 21’s were too much wheel and not enough tire, missing something in center area, and all the other issues with 21’. My opinion only. But the 19’s looked surprisingly aggressive, even on the mid height setting. The grey seems totally the wrong color, matching nothing on the outside of car anywhere. But $600 to powder coat could get the color many seem to be looking for. View attachment 696395View attachment 696396

The owner of car was putting those caps and center red T emblem on.

View attachment 696398View attachment 696400View attachment 696399View attachment 696401View attachment 696403View attachment 696406
I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually think those "lobster fork" 19 inch wheels look great. The red Tesla emblem is a nice finishing touch also on a red car. I'm glad they are no longer silver (my orders is Black/White, and silver would be really a bad look for a blacked out car), but overall I'm fine with the look (and I will definitely remove the crappy plastic covers on day 1! - if I ever need more range for a trip I can always pop them back on).