Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So a word of caution for folks thinking about swapping out trim at a later date. Pre-refresh, this was trivial. With the Palladium cars, it is a bit more complicated. The door and dash trim is still straightforward. The issue comes from the insert in the 2nd row arm-rest. From what I can decipher from the EPC, the insert is not available separately and the armrest is also not available separately. You have to get the entire left seat assembly which is $2K--it is also "restricted" which is an additional hurdle. Now, perhaps Service has something they can do, but make sure you do your due diligence if you are planning to swap out trim.
Is the armrest trim the part that's only visible when the armrest is down?

Since a couple of folks pinged me offline, I figure more folks are interested--here is the list of trim bits and pricing. For for reason, the front door CF trim is in the EPC at $0, I assume it's $90. All these parts are over-the-counter/no VIN. The rear seat assembly is restricted and you order by interior color+trim.

View attachment 697587

Not too bad of prices to be honest.

I think if I end up getting my LR, I'll replace the trim with CF. For the armrest I'll just get a small CF vinyl wrap. I'll rarely have the armrest down anyway.

For the armrest I'll just get a small CF vinyl wrap.
The wood grain is going to come through that wrap. Not sure if you can put down something before the carbon fiber wrap to prevent it (almost to fill the grain), but just a cautionary word. And as I mentioned elsewhere, there is no guarantee that Tesla sells a LR owner the carbon fiber trim. Regardless of what the EPC says. But happy to be proven wrong.

Damn, @2021plaid you're in here every day contributing to the discussion and you don't even have skin in the game. That's wild. Thanks for doing what you do.

@Tigers I'm sure it would be delivered before all of our pre-price hike orders too 😂
Dangggg! I just learned why I'm still awaiting an EDD (shows blank now, has never had any date ever). It's cuz of what @OneBillsDrive said about the pre-price hike orders! SH*T. That sucks. I guess I can't blame TSLA, but I've been waiting a lonnnnnng time for my '21 MS LR, Blu/Cream, 19", NFSD, RN 11386..., Org order was for '20 MS LR, from 08-15-20 then I held back for Refresh and that's been on order since 01-21-21.

Yesterday EDD changed to August 17-23. Paid for the car on Friday after a colleague showed me something from TESLA that said you had to pay within 3 days of them asking for final payment. (We are a leasing company and buy a lot of TESLAs ). After I paid for it, I was contacted by TESLA SA saying I would have my car within 2 weeks and I could pay anytime up to delivery. So not sure why TESLA showed that it had to be paid earlier. Anyway, I am anxiously waiting to be contacted so I can go pick it up. It has to be at the TESLA store by me.
I think because Tesla likes to "trick" people into thinking they MUST PREPAY for their car before actually taking delivery as it basically LOCKS them into the purchase. However, in reality, there's no reason why you can't pay on the day of delivery AFTER inspecting your vehicle.

The SV104 19s have arrived:

Weight -
9.5x19" = 20.4 pounds
10.5x19"= 21 pounds

Flash was on, so they seem lighter than the 21s in color, but they are identical in person.
<image removed>

@kgoroway. Very nice. When you get time, will you do a full side image versus only a quarter of the car image? Inquiring minds would like to see the full effect of your new bling.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
The SV104 19s have arrived:

Weight -
9.5x19" = 20.4 pounds
10.5x19"= 21 pounds

Flash was on, so they seem lighter than the 21s in color, but they are identical in person.
View attachment 697800View attachment 697801
Gorgeous! So you bought 2 sets? 21" & 19" (I assume for winter?). Guessing the 19" wheels are approx 2lb. lighter than the 21", correct? I'm getting excited for my SV104's as well...are the "Brushed Black Triple Tinted" actually black or more similar to the oem Arachnids...like a dark, gunmetal gray? Looks phenomenal no matter what but just curious on the color. Thank you!

Ppf reviews from Yelp seem positive. Guess we will see. Here is what they quoted me.

Bundle price breakdown
-Full body xpel ppf wrap $6490
-All sides and back ceramic tint $675
-Silver plus ceramic coating $1195
Total $8360
Package price $7195
@OnThe Snap:
Check out www.Imperialworkssacramento.com I got a pretty nice quote from them for PPF ($5800). Not sure about tint yet.

Xpel Ultimate Plus Clear Bra
10 year warranty against any type of peeling, cracking, fading or yellowing. Known for it's self-healing feature. Check out this video on the self-healing feature:

Full Exterior Package - $5800 (7-10 business days)
Includes full frontal package, full roof, full a-pillar - quarter panel, full rocker panels, full doors, full trunk, and full rear bumper.

I think because Tesla likes to "trick" people into thinking they MUST PREPAY for their car before actually taking delivery as it basically LOCKS them into the purchase. However, in reality, there's no reason why you can't pay on the day of delivery AFTER inspecting your vehicle.
Don't pay until you have made absolutely sure the car works and you will take delivery. I have fallen for that trap paid at the SC before entering the car and well I have been without a car for over two weeks now (supposedly in repair), have not taken delivery per tesla, however, they have the full amount and will not refund unless I cancel the order.

Ppf reviews from Yelp seem positive. Guess we will see. Here is what they quoted me.

Bundle price breakdown
-Full body xpel ppf wrap $6490
-All sides and back ceramic tint $675
-Silver plus ceramic coating $1195
Total $8360
Package price $7195

@OnThe Snap:
Check out www.Imperialworkssacramento.com I got a pretty nice quote from them for PPF ($5800). Not sure about tint yet.

Xpel Ultimate Plus Clear Bra
10 year warranty against any type of peeling, cracking, fading or yellowing. Known for it's self-healing feature. Check out this video on the self-healing feature:

Full Exterior Package - $5800 (7-10 business days)
Includes full frontal package, full roof, full a-pillar - quarter panel, full rocker panels, full doors, full trunk, and full rear bumper.
Check out the thread on ppf/ceramic/tint. Join the discussion there!

Am I reading all these posts correctly?
$8k-$10k for film and paint work?
$20k per set for forged rims?

Wow!
Not here in South Florida and the Signature forged 21" wheels are very fairly priced for forged wheels! ...
FYI gentleman, although it seems to be quite region dependent, but now I've added partial ppf to my MS Plaid detailing order...still doing the Ceramic Pro (5 year warranty all over) + window tint for all 4 windows & rear window of course + chrome delete on the 2 Tesla & PLAID emblems, but now I've also added ppf to the entire front of the car (hood, front bumper/fascia/lip spoiler), front fenders, mirrors & headlights (and possibly the 2 rear quarter panels) for $3,850.00 for everything (not including the 2 rear quarter panels but I can add those for about another $1,000-$1,500)...3 days total for all the work...what do you guys think?

Reactions: impastu
The wood grain is going to come through that wrap. Not sure if you can put down something before the carbon fiber wrap to prevent it (almost to fill the grain), but just a cautionary word. And as I mentioned elsewhere, there is no guarantee that Tesla sells a LR owner the carbon fiber trim. Regardless of what the EPC says. But happy to be proven wrong.
How about bagging real carbon over the wood.

@GaryF, not sure why that would be. There is a database Google Doc that you can sort for your specific vehicle type and see what others are experiencing. Hope this helps.

Was told yesterday that my S LR is on a transport and headed to my Dealer. Delivery next week!