Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My god... I HAVE A VIN o_Oo_Oo_O
*And* the EDD moved up a half a week earlier... I guess they just loaded my car on a train? @MarcG

Thanks for the update, and congrats on getting your VIN! Super happy for you.

So I was right with the first half of my prediction so far, though it looks like I will be wrong about the second half ;)

What's your new EDD?

Ordered 1/29 MS LR, got a delivery date in 6/28 but wasn't able to pick the car up in the 3 day window. Just got a Vin today but my EDD is February. What are the odds I actually get my car soon? Never heard of getting a VIN but EDD pushed out to February.
Tomorrow you will have dates that align with VIN assignment today. The system refreshes over night with the handoff from production tracking shifts to logistics tracking. Chill dude, you’re close. Been there, as have many others. @GrnSqrl

Thanks for the update, and congrats on getting your VIN! Super happy for you.

So I was right with the first half of my prediction so far, though it looks like I will be wrong about the second half ;)

What's your new EDD?
Thanks! New EDD is... seeming to shift every 5 minutes, lol. Currently Aug 30 - Sep 5. It's far enough out that you COULD get your VIN and take delivery before me, being at the factory.

I guess this means I get to join the special club too, right, @Leodoc ??

Thanks! New EDD is... seeming to shift every 5 minutes, lol. Currently Aug 30 - Sep 5. It's far enough out that you COULD get your VIN and take delivery before me, being at the factory.

I guess this means I get to join the special club too, right, @Leodoc ??

Nice, given the current EDD for my original order that has identical config to yours is Sep 9-29 (and my latest order with identical config is Sep 10-30), I think there's a strong chance you'll still get delivery first.

HOWEVER if I choose to go with the latest order I placed for the MSM/blk/19 Plaid that currently has an Aug 22-Sep 5 EDD, there's still a chance that I take delivery first, but that would be apple-to-oranges so I couldn't claim a win there in all good conscience.

Btw, I don't think you'll get admitted to Leo's club, since you ordered so long ago ;)

Yeah, they called me Saturday to pick it up Monday and asked me to submit payment. When they screwed up my delivery I figured I would just get the next car coming out, silly me. Last update I got on Friday was Nov-Dec, then saw the VIN today... Can't make this stuff up!
Interesting. If I got that call, I'd tell them I have check in hand and will gladly hand it over in person at delivery (and really after a thorough inspection). That seems to be the norm. I can't imagine handing over that much money and letting them make the vig off it while I still don't have the purchased item in hand nor the money in my account.

So I called Tesla today. My car is supposed to arrive at the SC sometime today.

Me: "Hi. I'd like to see if my vehicle has arrived at the SC. It was supposed to arrive sometime today."
SA: "Sure thing. Can I place you on hold for a moment?"
Me: "Absolutely"
SA: "Okay, I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but it looks like your vehicle is being pushed back another two months."
Me: "..."
SA: "I'm just messing with you, It arrived at the SC."

I have to give that man props for having the cohones to pull a prank like that. He definitely got me good, for a moment that seemed like 5 hours before he let me in on the joke.

Capture.JPG

Me: "Hi. I'd like to see if my vehicle has arrived at the SC. It was supposed to arrive sometime today."
SA: "Okay, I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but it looks like your vehicle is being pushed back another two months."

I have to give that man props for having the cohones to pull a prank like that. He definitely got me good, for a moment that seemed like 5 hours before he let me in on the joke.

View attachment 698313
He must troll these forums and recognize you. "Time to pay it back!"

Congrats man! Enjoy it.

View attachment 698313
If absolutely anyone anywhere on any planet deserved that............................

The poker match had been frozen for the last few days with no movement in EDDs.
So we invited a 3rd player just for fun, to see if this breaks the stalemate:

RN113953xxx ordered 9/22/2020 Plaid/red/blk/CF/19 EDD Sep 9-29
RN115453xxx ordered 8/8/2021 Plaid/red/blk/CF/19 EDD Sep 10-30
RN115507xxx ordered 8/17/2021 Plaid/msm/blk/wood/19 EDD March

I really want CF trim but this seems to be the current hold-up, according to the tracking sheet.
Let's see if Tesla makes a move to match the wood trim order to a VIN!
Order plaid MSM white seats and CF if you want a 2023 EDD...

No worries. I mostly agree with you. The engineering is great no doubt. The interior doesn’t look like it’s worth 2m$. I think this is where the Bugatti merger will help Rimac the most. I think Rimac as the new Lotus. Lotus has a big business of engineering solutions and Rimac looks like they are getting a big chunk of that on the EV side. Lotus might have developed the Evija to show they can offer EV solution to potential commercial partners idk. It is the only commercial succes thus far with 130 cars sold but Lotus is a well known brand and the Evija looks like a million dollar car.
Maybe Tesla selling hypercar performance level in a 130k$ package is ultimately killing this market. Some people here think paying 40k$ extra for the performance of the Plaid over the LR is nonsense. Well the Rimac at 20 times the price sounds ridiculous if one looks only at the performance on paper.
One thing is for sure, when you need to discount the price of a 150 car production run, it’s not because people are rushing in to buy your product. I thought all had been sold long ago.
Totally agreed. I can't wait to see what comes of this merger. Can you imagine what the Chiron's successor is going to be? Even if it's a hybridized W16, that would be well over 2000 hp, and if you put the Rimac's rear axle in the front you're talking 2,300+ hp. I think for Rimac's side, the merger will help them well, even with just the experience and the size of VW AG.
And yeah I'm not sure whether Miro was being serious or not.... we'll have to see when Brooks goes to get his lol!😁

It will be interesting to see if the 1/4 mile time improves with the track package... Brooks' best time with the Plaid is 9.27 seconds.

Here is the latest drag race with the $2.4M, 1,914 HP Rimac Nevera vs the 1,020 HP Tesla Model S Plaid down the 1/4 Mile. ;)

1629321183633.png

It will be interesting to see if the 1/4 mile time improves with the track package... Brooks' best time with the Plaid is 9.27 seconds.

Here is the latest drag race with the $2.4M, 1,914 HP Rimac Nevera vs the 1,020 HP Tesla Model S Plaid down the 1/4 Mile. ;)

1629321183633.png
Prototype vs. production… for now.