Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm hearing rumors that they are delivering cars to new orders and customers who paid the higher price over priority for those who ordered before the price hikes. Is this true?
I have not seen any evidence that supports this theory.

I am testing it myself with two orders for identical configurations that were placed nearly a year apart (search under my username for the history there).

But so far, there is no evidence that newer orders that are priced higher for *identical configs* are being prioritized over older orders.

The temporary February date is a known bug that occurs when VIN is assigned. Near term delivery estimate should appear before end of day.
My date just randomly moved from November 17th-December 7th to February. I was extremely disappointed but maybe I have some reason to be excited? Let's see tomorrow. Checked earlier today around noon and was that range then around 4pm checked again and February.

My date just randomly moved from November 17th-December 7th to February. I was extremely disappointed but maybe I have some reason to be excited? Let's see tomorrow. Checked earlier today around noon and was that range then around 4pm checked again and February.
Haven’t seen that before. The typical February bug we’ve seen has been on August and September deliveries that tighten up back to Aug/Sep after a few hours to one day of being February at the same time a VIN is issued. You’ll have to keep us posted.

Haven’t seen that before. The typical February bug we’ve seen has been on August and September deliveries that tighten up back to Aug/Sep after a few hours to one day of being February at the same time a VIN is issued. You’ll have to keep us posted.
Bummer. I thought I'd come here and see many other folks with same situation. Oh well I guess if it is pushed to February maybe they'll fix some of the quality issues.

Reactions: impastu
Bummer. I thought I'd come here and see many other folks with same situation. Oh well I guess if it is pushed to February maybe they'll fix some of the quality issues.
Don’t lose hope yet. Just because we (I) haven’t seen it before doesn’t mean it can’t happen for you!

Been on vacation in mission beach SD and on limited cell phone time but my MSP/red/black/cf/19/FSD tightened range to September 16-30
Wait, do you have the same config as @DukeofURL and myself? Where've you been, brotha!! 😄

Looks like you have a similar EDD to my 2 identical orders (Sep 9-29 for one, Sep 10-30 for the other)

What's your reservation number's first few digits, and order date?

I ordered Model S LR, midnight silver, 19’, black interior on July 19th 2021…. EDD is showing between October 31st and November 20th. Anyone else ordered around the same time? I am curious about your Estimated Delivery Date.
I ordered on June 10 with EDD of Nov 15 - Dec 5. I may become the new @Leodoc.