Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I left there at the age of 20 in 1993. ALL of my family is there, so I usually go back once a year, And yes, I am well aware of how bad things have gotten. The population is decreasing and entire neighborhoods are being abandoned. Baltimore's heyday was back when Bethlehem Steel was king. It's been in a downhill slide ever since, which is why I never moved back.
I worked in Baltimore for 25 years. It's terrible to feel this way, but I'm happy to not head there much anymore outside of the occasional meeting, dinner or Ravens games.

I grew up in Baltimore. Lived all over the place, from West Baltimore to Cockeysville. I still try to make it down to Little Italy for dinner when I visit.
I’m there a lot on business recently. So far, LaScala down there is my fav. Being a disciple of Boston’s North end and Federal Hill in RI, where do you recommend I frequent in Little Italy Baltimore?

I’m just a May to now newbie here. Along for the ride. I’ve seen comments about a genius, computer nerds not business men, childlike, focused on the product at all costs vs service, focused on service in a not to make money off traditional service appointments like ICE, etc etc. It’s been said many times and I agree. They’re not just making it by on slim margins. Between the “minimilist“ interior, word of mouth marketing, cutting back on old incent to buy freebies, talentless and cheap SC staffing, increasing down payments and base price, I’ll bet the margins are very healthy.
It’s just an absolute head scratcher after almost 12 years, he hasn’t develop a qualified field management staff of a handful or less of executives for national oversight on everything from quality assurance, to customer service to SC responsiveness, training training training, quality and oversight. It’s really simple to do given their distribution model and SC limited set up. Could easily coordinate internal production and dovetail to external service experience. Wouldn’t cost a heck of a lot with the right management talent that hires and oversees the best hired and trained talent in the fields. It wouldn’t have to change how a consumer buys today or the 360 value prop and differentiation and separate experience Tesla wants for everyone and has in place already.
It’s a head scratcher is all. Almost seem purposeful they haven’t put this talent out there or service model out there yet to easily tighten this experience up on all customer fronts…and that just makes no sense. Eccentric or not.
What I was trying to get across in my other posts on the same subject, is that many companies are still doing this and they are OVER half a century old.

It is REMARKABLE that Tesla has even gotten this far. That's the point when I said all other startups failed, so no one remembers this. The other legacy automakers are STILL doing dirty and wrong things, and they get swept under the rug. Just wait until Ford and other car makers shut down their dealerships, and go to a online only buying experience. The absolute chaos that will ensue. The communication is all good until everyone is suddenly ordering all cars, vs. just a few.

I believe that Tesla does in fact truly think they can meet their deadlines. But like some others here, I definitely agree that a little communication regarding the delay would really help a lot. When Tesla has time to focus on these things, or they are pressured to, that's when Tesla will truly become a world class brand IMO.🙂

Last edited:
Hi Folks- Been watching and waiting for awhile now. Actually since my original order on 6/11. I need to ask a basic question and forgive me my ignorance. When I placed an order for my MS LR, I was able to see my original est delivery (OCT-NOV at the time of order) and have seen updates since then. Current delivery is Oct23-Nov 12- which by coincidence is exactly what I got as a delivery estimate back in June. Who would have known? But one thing I never have received is a name or email or any indication who my Sales Assistant is. I have absolutely no clue who or how to contact anyone should I have a question on my order, etc.
How do you all "contact my SA" so frequently without a name/email to do it through? Since I live in northern Vermont, I have to receive my car in Paramus NJ and its not as easy as driving to a Showroom to ask them. Granted this is still a long way off but I would like to have a name to use down the road.

Hi Folks- Been watching and waiting for awhile now. Actually since my original order on 6/11. I need to ask a basic question and forgive me my ignorance. When I placed an order for my MS LR, I was able to see my original est delivery (OCT-NOV at the time of order) and have seen updates since then. Current delivery is Oct23-Nov 12- which by coincidence is exactly what I got as a delivery estimate back in June. Who would have known? But one thing I never have received is a name or email or any indication who my Sales Assistant is. I have absolutely no clue who or how to contact anyone should I have a question on my order, etc.
How do you all "contact my SA" so frequently without a name/email to do it through? Since I live in northern Vermont, I have to receive my car in Paramus NJ and its not as easy as driving to a Showroom to ask them. Granted this is still a long way off but I would like to have a name to use down the road.
Trying to talk to a specific SA is futile. Just get through the automated menu system and select "new car purchase" You'll get a random SA every time but they are friendly and will answer any question they have information on. Once you get a VIN, they can track your vehicle as it transports, and can even schedule your delivery appointment. I didn't have a single conversation with my "assigned" SA the whole time.

I think you’re realizing you may have an issue with the camera view blocked by the yoke or more moving the view to the right. Especially based on this video at 17:20 minutes specifically. I know you’ve tried what he shows himself doing pretty easily moving the view with a flick.
Thanks for the link. Mine absolutely will not move. I may need to call Tesla and ask if I am doing something stupid, like activated a screen position lock or something.

Either call the 800 number for Tesla or the Paramus store and ask a sales associate to look up your reservation number. He or She or They will be able to see your assigned associate.

Or perfect sense if you simply do not care about those things and would prefer to spend your resources on other tasks. Perhaps Elon is the living embodiment of the "I love my business if it were not for having to deal with customers".
Or perhaps those resources are precious. Quality people, as a resource, are very, very difficult to obtain at the moment, I don’t care if it’s Tesla or a small business. If I was Tesla, I too would be driving the best people in the organization to R&D and production, procurement, etc. It’s the only way they’ll survive short term. Let’s not forget about how closely they’ve come multiple time to BK.
A few people like Crosby getting their feelings hurt on a forum wouldn’t mean much to me either in the same circumstances. Particularly since we have no clue to the actual overall satisfaction scores that Tesla customers have with the purchase and delivery process. We only know what we want. Our cars.

This is just a tweet. we dont have any more info. and this guy is just one customer. Pretty much a non-story that Teslarati is trying to pump up the way CNBS pumps up any possibly negative story about Tesla. I happen to live near David and know people who know him. He is really up in years and in poor health. Not exactly the sharpest tool in the tool shed if you know what i mean. A bit more like a cranky old guy. Essentially this is a non-story.
Another fanboy blaming the customer and excusing poor customer service from Tesla... not good.

Last edited:
Or perhaps those resources are precious. Quality people, as a resource, are very, very difficult to obtain at the moment, I don’t care if it’s Tesla or a small business. If I was Tesla, I too would be driving the best people in the organization to R&D and production, procurement, etc. It’s the only way they’ll survive short term. Let’s not forget about how closely they’ve come multiple time to BK.
A few people like Crosby getting their feelings hurt on a forum wouldn’t mean much to me either in the same circumstances. Particularly since we have no clue to the actual overall satisfaction scores that Tesla customers have with the purchase and delivery process. We only know what we want. Our cars.
I know that usually Tesla is ranked at or near the top in customer satisfaction with its products, compared to other automobile manufacturers. This is in spite of not having the greatest quality. #Consumer Repots

Btw, was “say it ain’t so” a Weezer song reference? Or just a coincidence given the music topic recently?

That’s an expression going way, way back. There was a song named "Say it ain't so, Joe" back in in the mid 1970s, for example. My understanding is that it was coined—or made famous at any rate—by reporter Charley Owens when he said it after “Shoeless” Joe Jackson admitted that he cheated in the 1919 World Series.

I‘m not quite that old, but I’ve heard it my entire life.

That’s an expression going way, way back. There was a song named "Say it ain't so, Joe" back in in the mid 1970s, for example. My understanding is that it was coined—or made famous at any rate—by reporter Charley Owens when he said it after “Shoeless” Joe Jackson admitted that he cheated in the 1919 World Series.

I‘m not quite that old, but I’ve heard it my entire life.
I'm never playing Trivial Pursuit with this man.

Call the Paramus Tesla main number and you should be routed through to a salesperson there or at HQ. Then they probably will tell you who is assigned as your SA.

Sooo..do i know there are a few ppl here that live in the DC/Md/VA area..and i have a question.

Live in MD but picking up MSLR at VA SC, sooo i have to get md inspection done...any good places that have done inspections on tesla, tried calling rockville but can never get through. Im trying to avoid taking to a place that has never done an inspection on an ev/tesla

I'm never playing Trivial Pursuit with this man.
I’m not that good at it… though in high school I did once win our team a college bowl victory because of a bonus lightning round based entirely on secret identities of super heroes.

I missed one because they had an error. They weren’t up-to-date on what was going on with The Shadow at the time.

Anyone want to hang out?