Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right. I was referring to other manufacturers; I hope THEY get onboard quickly enough and start mass-producing & selling EVs (and deprecating fossil fuel-consuming ones) ASAP to make enough impact in time to avert an irreversible path toward a catastrophic future - mostly for next generations, since we're pretty f'ed either way for at least the next 30 years, according to the report.
Ohhhhh I gotcha! 😁👌

Last edited:
Reactions: impastu and MarcG
If anyone is interested, I was able to retrofit the model 3 collar/stalks nicely with the yoke in place, and am working on a modification to make the yoke turn signals into music control while using stalks for turn signals and shifting. TBH it looks, dare i say, good, even with the yoke. I still maintain that removing stalks was silly over-minimalism.

Adding Stalks seems pretty doable ;)

19A2EAEC-CF26-418C-AAAD-EA0CF768A4CF.jpeg

To add to my other thoughts, I truly don't believe Tesla is manipulating or phrasing things a certain way to get people to order more. Remember, Tesla doesn't count a delivery until that car is in fact sitting in that owner's driveway. There is ZERO benefit to doing this, and it can hurt their reputation and compound the stigma that Tesla never meets its deadlines.

I honestly think Tesla is very much childlike in their optimism for meeting deadlines, and they truly do believe they can hit their estimates. I do believe that they really thought they could ship the cars in March, then went, "OK, we'll surely make next month," and so on, until they finally delivered the first car in June. You could actually see how triumphant and proud the Tesla Team truly was for finally getting this car out. Tesla likely never even imagined this amount of hardship that would occur with the new MS launch.
I’m just a May to now newbie here. Along for the ride. I’ve seen comments about a genius, computer nerds not business men, childlike, focused on the product at all costs vs service, focused on service in a not to make money off traditional service appointments like ICE, etc etc. It’s been said many times and I agree. They’re not just making it by on slim margins. Between the “minimilist“ interior, word of mouth marketing, cutting back on old incent to buy freebies, talentless and cheap SC staffing, increasing down payments and base price, I’ll bet the margins are very healthy.
It’s just an absolute head scratcher after almost 12 years, he hasn’t develop a qualified field management staff of a handful or less of executives for national oversight on everything from quality assurance, to customer service to SC responsiveness, training training training, quality and oversight. It’s really simple to do given their distribution model and SC limited set up. Could easily coordinate internal production and dovetail to external service experience. Wouldn’t cost a heck of a lot with the right management talent that hires and oversees the best hired and trained talent in the fields. It wouldn’t have to change how a consumer buys today or the 360 value prop and differentiation and separate experience Tesla wants for everyone and has in place already.
It’s a head scratcher is all. Almost seem purposeful they haven’t put this talent out there or service model out there yet to easily tighten this experience up on all customer fronts…and that just makes no sense. Eccentric or not.

So, while I was out working for this week, I woke up yesterday morning and as I had EVERY SINGLE FREAKIN DAY for the past 6-1/2 months I got a cup of coffee and fastidiously checked my Tesla account. And GOOD LORD, I had a VIN. So within the hour I had got my financing through USAA (1.89% / 63 months), put the car on my insurance and emailed my SA. At the end of the day when I get into my hotel I talked to my SA and we set a pick up day of Sep 7th. Because of COURSE my EDD was a 5-day span EXACTLY in the middle of my 7-day work-week!! So I will take possession of the car in Dallas on the morning of 7 Sep, drop it off that afternoon for PPF and some other accoutrements to be installed, then pick up the car and ACTUALLY FREAKIN DRIVE IT and enjoy it on the 12th :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-21 at 8.05.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-21 at 8.05.16 AM.png
    99.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Screen Shot 2021-08-22 at 8.20.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-22 at 8.20.34 AM.png
    266.5 KB · Views: 49
  • iu-7.jpeg
    iu-7.jpeg
    20.7 KB · Views: 42
I think Tesla has become a chicken with its head cut off, to be quite honest and frank. They are going to start to lose ground quickly in the US if they don't watch their backs. No PR, no customer service, and terrible QC is a really bad mix for an automotive company.

Everyone likes the "they are a young company excuse"...if they can't do it now with a relatively small customer base and output, they sure as hell aren't going to be able to do it in the future
I disagree completely that they aren't going to be able to do it in the future. They'll do it as soon as the CEO or COO (if there is one) makes the call to do it. Right now the call, for whatever reason, is to NOT do it.

Once someone catches Tesla's innovation lead, their customer service and quality control is going to sink them.

Yeah, that is so true, which is why I'm guessing that if/when that time comes, that's when all of a sudden the customer service gets better. Because it would have to. Right now it doesn't.

I managed to sneak in another order at $100 yesterday, before the order fee went up to $250

RN113953xxx ordered 9/22/2020 Plaid/red/blk/CF/19 EDD Sep 9-29
RN115453xxx ordered 8/8/2021 Plaid/red/blk/CF/19 EDD Sep 10-30
RN115507xxx ordered 8/17/2021 Plaid/msm/blk/wood/19 EDD Aug 21-Sep 1
RN115525xxx ordered 8/19/2021 Plaid/msm/blk/CF/19 EDD Sep 11-30

This latest one confirms the CF trim shortage theory. Oh well, worth a shot!
I think I’m done gambling now ;)
The magic 7-day window finally appears for one of my orders!

RN115507xxx ordered 8/17/2021 Plaid/msm/blk/wood/19 EDD Aug 24-31

What does the latest @jebinc theorem say about how soon to expect a VIN?

The magic 7-day window finally appears for one of my orders!

RN115507xxx ordered 8/17/2021 Plaid/msm/blk/wood/19 EDD Aug 24-31

What does the latest @jebinc theorem say about how soon to expect a VIN?
Shortly…within a day! Good luck!