Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sooo..do i know there are a few ppl here that live in the DC/Md/VA area..and i have a question.

Live in MD but picking up MSLR at VA SC, sooo i have to get md inspection done...any good places that have done inspections on tesla, tried calling rockville but can never get through. Im trying to avoid taking to a place that has never done an inspection on an ev/tesla
I no longer live in MD. They require inspections on new vehicles? That's weird. I think most states assume new vehicles are good for the duration of an inspection cycle when you buy it.

Apologies! But whoever made the suggestion, maybe @sflgator ?, I took the advice so will offer the links here...

That would've been me, here were the photos. The carbon fiber front emblem is a direct replacement, easy to change with 3 torx screws. Didn't find a gloss black front emblem replacement.

A82B3AFE-AF6D-4A2B-A45E-3911CDDFAE83_1_201_a.jpeg

E29F02B2-446F-4261-8305-EEEE9BF75303.jpeg

Front emblem fits very well, and is good quality (make sure you have the torx bit to change out the emblem, there are 2 screws from the top, and one behind that needs a 90-degree wrench to reach more easily).

Rear emblem curve doesn't exactly match the curve of the trunk, so the very bottom doesn't sit completely flush (you can see if you zoom in on my photo above).

I no longer live in MD. They require inspections on new vehicles? That's weird. I think most states assume new vehicles are good for the duration of an inspection cycle when you buy it.
PA requires inspection within 30 days as well, according to Tesla orientation. I don’t ever remember having to do that with any other new vehicle though, so seems strange.

That would've been me, here were the photos. The carbon fiber front emblem is a direct replacement, easy to change with 3 torx screws. Didn't find a gloss black front emblem replacement.

View attachment 699994

View attachment 699995

Front emblem fits very well, and is good quality (make sure you have the torx bit to change out the emblem, there are 2 screws from the top, and one behind that needs a 90-degree wrench to reach more easily).

Rear emblem curve doesn't exactly match the curve of the trunk, so the very bottom doesn't sit completely flush (you can see if you zoom in on my photo above).
I’m going to pass on this mod, as my OCD wouldn’t allow for that!

Hey. I have a question for those of you who have picked up your new Ses.

I have three slots I use in my Homelink currently. One of the things that matters for convenience is the order in which they appear on the menu. In my current S I can’t move them around, and of course I don’t remember whether new additions appear at the bottom or the top. Anyone played around with this on the new S?

(what I really wish is that I could save all my settings in the cloud and download them, but that’s the future I guess)
Pretty certain it is listed in order that you add them. So first in, top of the list. Last in, bottom of the list. Like you said, no ability to re-order them.

Do they let you pay upon pickup? I'd be worried about paying and then finding out they gave the car to someone else or there were some serious problems wrong with the car... I was able to do this previously.
I’ll have to ask. I’m not sure they’d give the car away. I think I’d have a good basis for a legal suit if I had already paid for that particular VIN. But I’m definitely concerned about finding issues on delivery. So far the Service guys and Sales Persons I’ve spoken with here in Texas have been very helpful.

Anyone tint the front windshield yet? My guy that did my model 3 said there’s a .1% chance it fries the onboard computer if not done right. With my model 3 I risked it. Not sure I have the stones for my plaid
@omarsultan did. I think @HumanInput did as well. Yes, technically the spray to "adhere" the tint to the window could get into the electronics. But if your dealer knows what they are doing, they will not cause any issues. Think I have seen towel ropes, paper towels, all sorts of things being used. It is a delicate process.

Their insurance could cover it as well or you could be signing liability away to them in the paperwork. Either way, I would say if a dealer screws it up, they should do the right thing and own up to it.

For what it is worth, did it on my previous Model S - zero issues. And will trust the same shop to do it all over again on my LR when it arrives.

Anyone tint the front windshield yet? My guy that did my model 3 said there’s a .1% chance it fries the onboard computer if not done right. With my model 3 I risked it. Not sure I have the stones for my plaid
Yep just got mine done - 3rd Tesla I’ve had the windshield tinted. No issues. It gets pretty wet but they (should) use lots of towels. Unfortunately mine has a big scratch in the tint and needs to be redone.

I can only confirm from what I have on order, and what others have entered in the tracking sheet. Lots of EDDs in the second half of September for black and cream interior, not much white at all. CF trim also seems delayed versus wood, potentially beyond September, despite what EDDs show.
Thanks for the vote of confidence 🤨.
Base on my title, i have cream/CF/19. My EDD moved from late august to mid sept, to late sept, to now first half of sept. Are you saying I may be pushed to October as well?

I did on my LR+ and I am absolutely going to do it on my Plaid. Last one was Llumar AIR 80 and it was perfect. Made a big difference here. Going with the same this time.