Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 999270D8-7D7F-4D58-91F1-523161363F2A.jpeg
    999270D8-7D7F-4D58-91F1-523161363F2A.jpeg
    333.1 KB · Views: 67
For me, talk to me when range improves to at least 350. At 222 now. If I were not driving much I would be tempted to looking at other EV as I would imagine the fit and finish will be better, but not the drive and the range. Not sure if a lid on range but if other EVs go from low 200's to 300's in 3 years, won't the Teslas also get to 550 or so? The genius of Tesla is it is an energy company that sells cars so they will be ahead for at least a decade in range. Tesla will have battery break throughs but not sure GM, or Audi etc will put that much money in R&D for battery development.
Beautifully put. You've hit the nail right on the head my dude!

In 3 or 4 years, I honestly see Tesla's range as extremely flexible, and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a 600+ mile MS and 700-800+ mile range for the Roadster. Basically however much they want. And that's not even discussing $/KWH, which they will lead with for many years. I believe it was Peugeot who was hoping to get to $0.80/KWH by like 2025 or 2027. I'm like BRO, Tesla will be there in like 2 or 3 years, and will be as low as like $0.56/KWH by the time these other companies get to where Tesla is today. Like I said yesterday, you know it's really bad for these car makers when they have to go to solid state to have a hope of competing. They've already given up on LI-ION, and many haven't even started yet! And what happens when Tesla goes SS? Boom.
Another good sign of the mentality of these companies is the Hummer EV, which as much a I love it, is HORRIFICALLY heavy, at like 9,046 pounds. GM is having to double-stack batteries to get a decent range from a 200 KWH pack, and that's the result. It's the classic American "Throw more *insert* at it!" mentality.

See lots of folks who are past October going in wrong direction but Oct or before the good one this represents my earliest lastest by date.

November 1-15
October 14-Nov 2
September 15-30
Sept 12 -30
Sept 7-27
September 15-30
Septeber 12-30
Today: September 08 - September 22

If this goes to October I will go all David Crosby on Mr Musk!
Who?

Mission Viejo show room today. Chatted up the kid who looked so young he probably doesn’t know who wheezer is. He says carbon fibers delayed till end of September but should deliver by end of quarter for California. He was unaware of any “list” for cars declined at the delivery center to be noticed first.
What about white seats for plaid??

PA requires inspection within 30 days as well, according to Tesla orientation. I don’t ever remember having to do that with any other new vehicle though, so seems strange.
Ill double check again with tyson location but they said once i take it to md their va inspection isnt covered

If using Amazon as a benchmark, Tesla is actually not far off base.
Take a look at what’s called the Amazon Flywheel (easy to Google). It diagrams just how important 3rd party sellers are to Amazon, as well as other selling methods.
Then Google a quick search of something like, why did Amazon turn off my account. And then see how much love there is for Seller Central and Vendor Central. And how easy it is to get answers and information from Amazon.
I know the thought will be that it doesn’t matter because they’re servicing their customer, meaning the end purchaser. But Amazon’s customers are also third party sellers and they are a critical component of Amazon’s existence.
All of this is to say that I believe Tesla’s, and Amazon’s, problems are a resource issue. Specifically a human resource issue.
Yes, Amazon is better at getting an order delivered than Tesla is. But Amazon does not treat their entire customer base better than Tesla does. In my own experience with the both of them, I’ve had more satisfying interactions with Tesla than Amazon. However, I rely on Amazon for a large chunk of my income, so the cards are not stacked equally between the two and my own bias enters the equation.
Amazon was just an example of a company that figured how to deliver, sometimes, before Covid. BTW, if I can, I will not buy from Amazon because of the way they treat their employees.

The USPS is conspiring against me getting the Plaid…

One of the remaining steps prior to moving onward in the Tesla (sequential) website purchase task list, was to upload the title of my trade. Because Texas/Tesla, I had to payoff the wife’s Mustang, and have them mail the paper title to me. I begged them to FedEx it at my expense, but they refused, so regular USPS is was. They mailed it on the 18th, and it was delivered today, just to the wrong house! Our USPS service in this area is so bad, that I estimate 20%+ of our mail goes missing.

The one damn piece of mail I NEEDED them to deliver properly, and they botched it! I mean, they could have burned all my other mail for months as long as they got just this one piece delivered correctly, but nope! Luckily, the person that actually got it was kind enough take it to our house today, and was was just blown away how screwed I almost was (I later purchased a $100 Amazon fight card and brought it to them. They tried to refuse it, but I begged them to please take it, so they did.). This Mustang was originally purchased new where we used to live in Hawaii, and it was a paper title on file at FMC, so no electronic lien release in Texas because of this. If that title was lost in the mail, it could have been bad enough where we would have delayed for weeks or likely months because Hawaii DMV no longer answers their phones, no messages could be left, and no way to hanle something like this through their website.

This certainly would have borked this purchase, and the VIN/allocation would have been lost. Well, all is good as I still have my VIN, my delivery appointment is set for Sep 2, my trade title is now uploaded, and that ”unlocked” the next step in this RPG we call call a Tesla purchase. I can now upload my proof of insurance, provide payment, etc. Can’t wait to unlock the last level and fight the boss-monster to receive my Plaid.
"my trade title is now uploaded, and that ”unlocked” the next step in this RPG we call call a Tesla purchase." If I don't get some communication soon, It'll turn into a FPS game for me!

Not from what I understand. Also the car will have a born on date. With Tesla since they update features by download and rarely change the body, won't matter much. I decided to buy an S three years ago but only after a refresh. To me, 2021 vs 2022 does not matter. Also getting this car 10k cheaper form the same car if ordered today makes up for any perceived loss of value of a 2021 vs 22.
The $10k difference does matter but you should not have to pay more if you don't take delivery until after the next model year cars are out. Personally I would prefer not to wait a lot longer.

Slipping daily. I can see when Pizza Hut puts pepperoni 🍕 on my order but have no fn clue where and when this high end vehicle will arrive. I’ve been told since last week “vehicle is in Texas” nothing more. Soapbox kicked. So close and so anxious.View attachment 700101
That’s crazy. My SA “locked-in” my delivery day on my MVPA and laid out the entire process, how/who to mail a cashiers check to, etc. Are you dealing with a store in the Dallas area or somewhere else in Texas? When I set my requested delivery date yesterday she “locked it in” and said that it absolutely wouldn’t be an issue. I guess I’ll keep my fingers crossed.