Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope we get some uplifting delivery posts today, and that @2021plaid is activated soon.
@Ormond @2021plaid is currently in his charging station!

borg-drones.jpg

Any long time Tesla owners want to give their two cents on this?

I charged my LR to 100% last night. I scheduled it to coincide with the time I planned to leave. When I came out to the garage, a loud fan, that sounded like a plastic fan blade rubbing against something, was running. When I opened the door, the fan stopped. My initial thought was that I somehow left the car in a temp mode that kept the AC running all night. I closed the door, and the fan started again. I opened the driver side door and it stopped again. I got in the car and closed the door. The fan did not turn on.

Now I am thinking it is some kind of cooling fan for the recently max charged batteries. Is this fan noticeably loud, or should I mention this to service?

I charged my LR to 100% last night. I scheduled it to coincide with the time I planned to leave. When I came out to the garage, a loud fan, that sounded like a plastic fan blade rubbing against something, was running. When I opened the door, the fan stopped. My initial thought was that I somehow left the car in a temp mode that kept the AC running all night. I closed the door, and the fan started again. I opened the driver side door and it stopped again. I got in the car and closed the door. The fan did not turn on.

Now I am thinking it is some kind of cooling fan for the recently max charged batteries. Is this fan noticeably loud, or should I mention this to service?
Can't speak about the newly updated cooling system in the refresh, but in my 2017 and 2018 when the cooling is running it is LOUD. Like, obnoxiously loud for a car that is generally quiet all other times, haha. You could even feel it a little bit in the steering wheel too.

I even asked service about it and they said it was normal. I've also read on here of other people mentioning it. Like I mentioned, the refresh has an all-new heating/cooling setup, but it likely does have shared parts too.

@AnselmDante Please, please let us know how much actual range you get between low to high SoC (after charging). Some of us think we have less than a 100kWh battery in these refreshed cars, based on our actual mileage between low and high range SoC. @WilliamG

All my prior Teslas have had similar sounds while charging or nearing the final set charge limit

@AnselmDante Please, please let us know how much actual range you get between low to high SoC (after charging). Some of us think we have less than a 100kWh battery in these refreshed cars, based on our actual mileage between low and high range SoC. @WilliamG
I only pulled to max charge because I had a 45 minute drive to a detailer, who will have it the whole week without charging. I still don't feel completely in charge of this software and I'm worried it will do something stupid like maintain cabin temp without me being aware.

I am planning a 500 mile trip next month, so I should get some data from that.

Received my LR last Thursday. Ordered May 14, 2021. Black on tan. Arachnid wheels. Fully charged after a couple of commuting trips at a rated 372mi. Still trying to figure out the percentage I land on for my daily driving charge. It's definitely a bit of a learning curve with all the bells and whistles, but it's a fun car. Fit and finish were to expectations, minus some wonky weatherstripping on a couple of windows, and the Summons feature on my app not working.

New to EVs, have a 2014 Tundra that I'm keeping for kicks and giggles. Glad I made the switch.
IMG_6121.jpg
IMG_6115.PNG

Received my LR last Thursday. Ordered May 14, 2021. Black on tan. Arachnid wheels. Fully charged after a couple of commuting trips at a rated 372mi. Still trying to figure out the percentage I land on for my daily driving charge. It's definitely a bit of a learning curve with all the bells and whistles, but it's a fun car. Fit and finish were to expectations, minus some wonky weatherstripping on a couple of windows, and the Summons feature on my app not working.

New to EVs, have a 2014 Tundra that I'm keeping for kicks and giggles. Glad I made the switch. View attachment 700800View attachment 700803
Good luck with your black beauty and drive it in good health!

I only pulled to max charge because I had a 45 minute drive to a detailer, who will have it the whole week without charging. I still don't feel completely in charge of this software and I'm worried it will do something stupid like maintain cabin temp without me being aware.

I am planning a 500 mile trip next month, so I should get some data from that.
Good point! My Plaid will be at the detailer for two weeks, so guess I’ll make sure he plugs into a 110v for trickle charging while it sits there.

Anyone know if you have your order set to "cash" payment as opposed to a loan would get you a higher delivery priority?

My order is now bumped all the way to mid Dec/Jan now from being on Team October earlier and I'm wondering if there's
any way to play the system to speed things up. Apparently me switching to 21's last month didn't help either -(

Last night I charged my
Last night I charged my Plaid to 100% for the first time since I’ve owned the car. (2 months.) It showed 348 miles of range with no fan, AC or otherwise, coming on. I had turnEd off the AC the night before. What I did notice that when I drove the brake regeneration was definitely reduced. I understand that the refreshed S’s no longer have a brake regeneration adjustment setting but it certainly adjusted down when the battery was full. Apparently this has been the case with Tesla for a while but I thought I’d confirm it still happens with our refreshed cars.