Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received my LR last Thursday. Ordered May 14, 2021. Black on tan. Arachnid wheels. Fully charged after a couple of commuting trips at a rated 372mi. Still trying to figure out the percentage I land on for my daily driving charge. It's definitely a bit of a learning curve with all the bells and whistles, but it's a fun car. Fit and finish were to expectations, minus some wonky weatherstripping on a couple of windows, and the Summons feature on my app not working.

New to EVs, have a 2014 Tundra that I'm keeping for kicks and giggles. Glad I made the switch. View attachment 700800View attachment 700803
NICE, I am picking up my MSLR, Blk on Blk, 19" in the first week of September. I'll see ya around Dallas and don't be surprised if I ogle your car cause it'll take a while for me to realize I actually have one too :)

Last edited:
Last night I charged my

Last night I charged my Plaid to 100% for the first time since I’ve owned the car. (2 months.) It showed 348 miles of range with no fan, AC or otherwise, coming on. I had turnEd off the AC the night before. What I did notice that when I drove the brake regeneration was definitely reduced. I understand that the refreshed S’s no longer have a brake regeneration adjustment setting but it certainly adjusted down when the battery was full. Apparently this has been the case with Tesla for a while but I thought I’d confirm it still happens with our refreshed cars.

NICE, I am picking up my MSLR, Blk on Blk, 19" in the first week of September. I'll see ya around Dallas and don't be surprised if I ogle your care cause it'll take a while for me to realize I actually have one too :)
Ha! Ogle away!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Ok 8/14 we got a VIN (MF4397) and an updated delivery: August 21 - August 26

The next week the dates narrowed to 21-24 Late in the week it changed to 22-26.

On 8/21 (no car) range narrowed to 22-25.

8/22 morning received email from Portland OR SC telling us that we should expect delivery in a couple of days. At that time EDD was still 22-25. By that evening it changed to 8/23-8/26

On 8/23 ranged moved to August 24 - August 27 No more communication with SC, no car. We'll see if the ranged moves to 25-26 this evening or tomorrow.

We are taking delivery in Portland OR and I assume the car is still in route somewhere on I-5. Not sure how long it takes to finish predelivery inspection and last min stuff. And I know there are other cars that arrived before ours. Maybe by the end of the week? Not sure what Tesla gods we need to make sacrifices to but at this point I'm willing to give up the wife's cat to get this finally done. She is probably willing to do without me. One less person to share the car with. Ahhh too dark, too much information. Yes it's been hard waiting. The cat really doesn't give a @#$.

BTW I did finally go by the Porsche dealership (Sat) to get that out of the back of my mind. Probably why we got the SC message on Sun. Just was not impressed with anything. Display, rear storage was not very good. Trunk opening was really narrow (and small) like a M3. I actually wondered if grocery bags would stand up. $150k and only 250 miles I don't begrudge anyone going that route but it's not for me.

So if you're tired of waiting just go by your local Porsche dealer and ask a few questions. Tesla will call about your car within 24 hrs!
Or Audi dealership like I did :)

Dude. Thanks for this! I called my local SA and Im like "you have my exact car in inventory" can you just sell it to meeee??
It has "19's, but that's fine since Ill prob get sig wheels later on.
He's going to talk to his manager about taking the $12k off the price of the car since my order precedes the price bump on the car and FSD.
...and just like that I get a VIN VIN F439 Delivery 24th-30th of Aug.
Thanks to all of you who noticed the new inventory push!!

Drove over some bridges today to drop my LR off for detailing. The bridge joints sounded like they were right inside the cabin, leading me to believe the car does very little to reduce road noise coming from the ground. I was on the phone with my wife and without knowing where I was she commented on hearing what sounded like bridge joints coming through the phone.

The detailing place had 3 other Tesla's on his lot. He wrapped a Plaid last week and the owner took him for a launch. We both agreed ICE cars are done.
I've found that noise other than coming through the suspension arms is WAY reduced while noise coming through the a-arms has increased over my P90DL. This agrees with the more direct connection of the suspension to the road leading me to believe they have now removed all the rubber from the suspension joints. I then changed from 21s to aftermarket 20 (still PS4Ss) and tire noise went up making me think Tesla has some special PS4S as part of their 21 solution.

Ok I clearly could not resist. The order fee is now $250 but F it, I ordered another one!

RN115550xxx Plaid/White/Black/CF/19"/AP VIN: 5YJSA1E69MF439xxx

So relatively new build. It's apparently located in Lathrop, CA so they have to ship it back closer to me. EDD: August 28-31.
@MarcG That car was built the first week of August, like mine.

Last edited:
White ext, White Seats, CF Trim, FSD is my build.
And I see 1 in current Tesla inventory -- white ext with WHITE seats BUT the light wood interior trim. Hmmmm? Not sure I like that though. Conflicted, conflicted. It's better to wait to get EXACTLY what you really want, especially when spending this kind of $$, imho.

yeah, you can't really compromise with that build. It'll be worth the wait. I wanted white/white but my GSD would have made keeping it up a full time job.
I know what you mean. BUT, that what's the wife's car is for, lol. 😜

Attachments

• REX.jpeg
    REX.jpeg
    906.9 KB · Views: 56
Fun! Down to 56 Plaid and 1 LR

Oh also there were 2 white interior. Now down to 1.

Anyone else okay with waiting until October for delivery, especially IF Tesla pushes out the new UI s/w that fixes all the bugs and unlocks everything like ANC, 163mph speed limit — 200mph max, etc? I mean, I’ve been waiting so f’ing long as is, so what’s an additional 3-4 weeks IF they send me my MS Plaid with the new s/w right? What are the chances? Thoughts? 🤔 Btw - I’m not holding my breath on this; just trying to be positive and hopeful. The new s/w updates probably won’t come until at least the end of the year at best….that’s what I’m really thinking but ya never know.

I agree on all points. My date has held steady at mid October to early November...if I don't get it mid October, Im going to try and delay until January. They need to work some kinks out and I want my damn ANC. I want to know they are going to do it right.