Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
which strikes me as odd considering that this car:
is for sale on the Tesla website and it is in Miami.

edit: nvm, just noticed it had black seats. still strikes me as odd Tesla has so many refresh LRs and Plaids available.
Rebuilt/refurbished cars from the "Bastard's" lot?

Anyone know if you have your order set to "cash" payment as opposed to a loan would get you a higher delivery priority?

My order is now bumped all the way to mid Dec/Jan now from being on Team October earlier and I'm wondering if there's
any way to play the system to speed things up. Apparently me switching to 21's last month didn't help either -(
I'll pay cash too if it helps move up my EDD at all! My SA says not to muck around w my config at all (so no 21's till aft I take delivery). Ask your SA to do any changes and let us know if it helps move your EDD up.

So the first 3 digits of the last 6 digits of my new VIN is "430". This is from a car that I just saw today because it was mentioned on this forum as being listed for sale on Tesla.com. I snagged it as quickly as possible. It's Plaid / Black / CRM / 21" / CF, very close to what I actually wanted (I had white interior and MSM exterior).

Should I be less excited because this is an older batch? I believe @omarsultan had a ~430-range VIN.

Crap! 12 Plaids available as inventory in SoCal even 2 with 19s. I had some regret not ordering a Plaid and 21" before but rationalized that I don't need a car that fast and would like longer range. Now, the temptation is strong. What is going on? Is this a mistake? Why are all these Plaids available?

Maybe they're the temp lot cars now released :confused:

More likely rejected orders. There is no sniff test if someone can close a Plaid order, just a $100 risk.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
and the price without FSD, wtf. I think I'm all in with tax and transport at 97k. granted I have 19s coming and FSD, but how about a call, "Hey Pdubs? we have a .....want it for the price you ordered it for +the wheel upgrade?"

Oh no, but thank you....I'd rather you sell it for more than I ordered it for. I'll continue to wait.
You can add FSD before delivery, after all.

So the first 3 digits of the last 6 digits of my new VIN is "430". This is from a car that I just saw today because it was mentioned on this forum as being listed for sale on Tesla.com. I snagged it as quickly as possible. It's Plaid / Black / CRM / 21" / CF, very close to what I actually wanted (I had white interior and MSM exterior).

Should I be less excited because this is an older batch? I believe @omarsultan had a ~430-range VIN.
No!

Number one rule about buying a car, nay, anything is, once you buy it, quit shopping for it.

Crap! 12 Plaids available as inventory in SoCal even 2 with 19s. I had some regret not ordering a Plaid and 21" before but rationalized that I don't need a car that fast and would like longer range. Now, the temptation is strong. What is going on? Is this a mistake? Why are all these Plaids available?
As for range 396 vs 405
The ventilated seats and three motors influenced me too.
Bizarre how far some of us 🤩 go to justify toys, is it not?
Of course I am very rational🤓

Wow.

Two Plaids for sale in Atlanta.

1629839596367.png

Last edited: