Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Damn, that RED IS FIRE!

@GrnSqrl - have you done your initial review yet?!

Also, I saw my first ever Model S refresh on the road yesterday, it was red. Gave me a HUGE boner. I'd give up my second and third wives to get it here tomorrow...
Yes, sir. Please see the epistle in post 63,725. 😀

Tomorrow I'll call Pirelli North America in GA to get to the bottom of it. Cheers
After being placed on hold for 15 min, finally got off the phone with Pirelli North America. The Pirelli Pzero Elect on our Model S are 'Summer' tires.
However, the guy I spoke to said "think of them as summer tires for all seasons." Righttt .. I didn't have a reply for that one Lmao..

After being placed on hold for 15 min, finally got off the phone with Pirelli North America. The Pirelli Pzero Elect on our Model S are 'Summer' tires.
However, the guy I spoke to said "think of them as summer tires for all seasons." Righttt .. I didn't have a reply for that one Lmao..
Ok so barring the weird slogan, expect 19" 0-60 times to be pretty close on both the LR and Plaid, and the 1/4 mile to be not too far behind either. We'll know soon, as Tesla Plaid Channel gets his 19" Plaid this Friday.

Reactions: Drew-MS
That's somewhat meaningful, I think? It would seem that mean that they don't have that "not for use in under 45 degrees" warning associated with them? Probably suck in the slushy stuff, anyway, but at least if you had another vehicle you could keep them on year round?

I'm sure the Tesla legal department wouldn't be thrilled with that representation.

Ok so barring the weird slogan, expect 19" 0-60 times to be pretty close on both the LR and Plaid, and the 1/4 mile to be not too far behind either. We'll know soon, as Tesla Plaid Channel gets his 19" Plaid this Friday.
Yes indeed lol. I'll get some dragy times this weekend as well. I'm pretty confident the 19" vs. 21" numbers will be almost identical.

This is where I end up. The M3P doesn't excite me nearly as much. I currently drive a C63. Fun and fast...for ICE. Ready to try EV. I'll start with the LR and may find myself moving up to a Plaid. Who knows? All I know is I plan to enjoy the journey.
What year? I have a 2014. The C63 got old, feels old after i got the MS in my garage. I can’t describe in words but thats the fastest a car has felt outdated to me.

Can't see there being more than .1 second discrepancy, but I could be wrong?
It depends. If the 19s were indeed AS, I would expect quite a big difference, but since these are apparently summers, then yeah, maybe .1 to .3 slower in 0-60, and maybe .2-.4 in the 1/4 mile. It really depends on the summer compound. If it's more AS then summer, then expect slower times. If it's almost Michelin PS4S level summer, then it will be negligible. Cars like the Plaid are heavily traction limited, so any loss of that affects the times.

• Informative
Reactions: Pdubs and Drew-MS
It depends. If the 19s were indeed AS, I would expect quite a big difference, but since these are apparently summers, then yeah, maybe .1 to .3 slower in 0-60, and maybe .2-.4 in the 1/4 mile. It really depends on the summer compound. If it's more AS then summer, then expect slower times. If it's almost Michelin PS4S level summer, then it will be negligible. Cars like the Plaid are heavily traction limited, so any loss of that affects the times.
I don't think there will be more than a .1 difference in 0-60 and 1/4. That said, I'm not sure I'd give the nod to the 21s. I need to weigh them as well.

I don't think they'll be more than a .1 difference in 0-60 and 1/4. That said, I'm not sure I'd give the nod to the 21s. I need to weigh them as well.
Well I look at it this way: if the 19s were the faster wheel, Tesla would've given that option to MT, and any other media. They did not. So most likely, the tires on the 21s are the key. Same here though where I agree that it won't be more than .1 or .3 off.

Reactions: Pdubs and Drew-MS
Well I look at it this way: if the 19s were the faster wheel, Tesla would've given that option to MT, and any other media. They did not. So most likely, the tires on the 21s are the key. Same here though where I agree that it won't be more than .1 or .3 off.
UNLESS, of course, when MT wanted a car to test, the 19's weren't available?

Tesla knows the 21s look 10X better so that might have been a factor hah..

What year? I have a 2014. The C63 got old, feels old after i got the MS in my garage. I can’t describe in words but thats the fastest a car has felt outdated to me.
2009...love the old NA M156. MB put a new motor in it 6 years ago under the extended warranty (head bolts). I haven't been able to let it go, it's just a fun car. But I completely understand how you feel about your MS and how dated the C63 is in comparison (especially my car). The LR is a second or so faster 0-60. Plus the idea of traction will be a new concept for me. :)