Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've read that people have been getting "acceleration tickets," or "reckless driving" tickets in other words....
This is a car you really need to think first before stomping. Have to pay attention to what’s around you, and make sure all is clear for 1/8 mile ahead. The car is just too fast to drive the way we did with any of our previous cars. We are gonna have to be responsible with this power.

Anyone have any insight on MF431 (I matched with a preexisting inventory car on Tuesday during that whole available plaid inventory list with the MF431 vin) but all newer plaids vins are going around MF439+'s

MF431 seems like it's a bit older in VIN - wondering why its been sitting so long (hopefully no issues)

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Anyone have any insight on MF431 (I matched with a preexisting inventory car on Tuesday during that whole available plaid inventory list with the MF431 vin) but all newer plaids vins are going around MF439+'s

MF431 seems like it's a bit older in VIN - wondering why its been sitting so long (hopefully no issues)
@moonm3 That's an early June build. Current new VINs are in the 440-441 range. Issues wise, it's the luck of the draw with all VINs (early and current).

How sure are we about that? Serious question. I just assumed the wood in my car was a very good plastic representation of wood.
Tesla has never sold a car with fake anything AFAIK. It's always been real carbon and wood. Even the M3 SR+ has real wood, which I think is a nice touch. If it was plastic, you'd be able to tell. They'd have to spend so much more expense just to try to imitate wood, rather than just equipping real wood in the first place, that there's no way Tesla would find that a good investment.

I went from OEM 21s to PS4S on 20” rims and tire noise went UP. Something is different about Tesla’s setup.

both 40 psi cold.
Tesla OEM choices seem to have been benefitting from some noise reduction design. That is true for the Pirelli P-Zero Elect but quite likely on others too. Aftermarket tires mostly do not have noise reduction as a high priority. The question is how many BEV OEM tire suppliers have already designed for noise reduction.
That might be a partial explanation for Refresh relative quietness. It would be nice to have a technical explanation form Tesla directly. That is better than guesswork.

Tesla has never sold a car with fake anything AFAIK. It's always been real carbon and wood. Even the M3 SR+ has real wood, which I think is a nice touch. If it was plastic, you'd be able to tell. They'd have to spend so much more expense just to try to imitate wood, rather than just equipping real wood in the first place, that there's no way Tesla would find that a good investment.
And "Big Wood," with open pores in the M3!

• Funny
Anyone have the delivery checklist on hand and could link me it? My EDD range starts tomorrow and I haven’t gotten the text to schedule yet, but hopefully it comes soon. Payment is in, agreements are there, just a matter of waiting for me now
I called the delivery center and asked if car is there yet. They confirmed and three gave me the delivery appt. Try reaching out.

Dude. You are truly crazy on this forum! My heart stopped for a second when I saw it! Cant believe you said that!🤣🤣🤣
@2021plaid I'm talking about "Deep Tissue" messaging - like I get monthly at Message Envy. Where did your mind go, bro? 😂

Edit: Well, time to hit the bricks and return from the ocean to Seattle. Efficiency and range data upon my return. Ciao for now!

The choice of Pirelli Elect was probably inevitable for Tesla because Pirelli has fro a long time been adept at special-purpose application-specific design plus a little known advantage that they are often less expensive for OEM than ar most other alternatives. Those are not always true, but often.

With Elect my friend with Tire Business mag tells me they went all out, intending to capture Tesla Performance versions, Porsche plus the odd Rimac etc. Usually she knows what is happening, not perfect, but better than anybody else.

Somebody else was told 'summer tires but all season use' so I asked her about that bizarre statement. She claims that Elect summer tires still have resilient compounds so have much less low temperature sensitivity than do 'normal' summer tires.

As I said, I cannot say that is 100% true, but it seemed consistent with all information thus far.
It's curious that the 21" seem not to be Elect. Is that true?
I’m sure the Elect tires also come in 20s but not sure about 21s.

Okay so... I like the molded mud flaps from Taptes, they should look a lot better than the flat plastic ones. I placed an order a couple days ago so I can be ready in the event my 11 month MS order finally arrives, gets built, falls out of the sky, whatever. I have been emailing them regarding the discrepancy on their model year fit, this was their reply today...

1630074207009.png

1630074257546.png

Tesla OEM choices seem to have been benefitting from some noise reduction design. That is true for the Pirelli P-Zero Elect but quite likely on others too. Aftermarket tires mostly do not have noise reduction as a high priority. The question is how many BEV OEM tire suppliers have already designed for noise reduction.
That might be a partial explanation for Refresh relative quietness. It would be nice to have a technical explanation form Tesla directly. That is better than guesswork.
It’s probably from the TO marking which have the foam inside the tires.