Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 5/8/2021, MSLR black on black 21 inch wheels. Kansas city, Mo

Was blank till about 6/15 with an EDD of September. 7/26 I started showing 14 day ranges.

7/26 showed 8/10-8/24
7/27 showed 8/11-8/25
7/28 showed 8/12-8/26
7/29 showed 8/13-8/27
7/30 showed 8/14-8/28
7/31showed 8/15-8/29
8/1 showed 8/16-8/30
8/2 showed 8/16-8/30
8/3 showed 8/17-8/31
8/4 showed 8/18-8/31
8/5 showed 8/20-9/3
8/6 showed 8/22-9/5
8/7 showed 8/23-9/6
8/8 showed 8/25-9/8
8/9 showed 8/27-9/10
8/10 showed 8/27-9/10
8/11 showed 8/25-9/1
8/12 showed 10/16-11/5
8/13 showed 8/27-9/7
8/14 showed 8/28-9/7
8/15 showed 8/29-9/7
8/16 showed 8/30-9/7
8/17 showed 8/31-9/7

8/18 at 7am showed 8/31-9/3 with VIN
8/18 at 9am showed 8/28-9/4 with VIN
8/18 at 11am shows 8/27-9/3 with VIN
VIN is 5YJSA1E50MF440XXX

Noon 8/18 I called and asked "since I have the VIN should I go ahead and figure out my financing with the bank" the rep at the Tesla dealership said that "it looks like we will receive the car 8/31 or 9/1 and we will get ahold of you to schedule a pick up 9/2 or 9/3.

8/19-8/23 EDD showed a range of 8/28-9/3.

8/24-8/27 the EDD changed to 9/1-9/7

8/28-8/30 the EDD changed to 8/30-9/3

I went ahead and called yesterday, 8/30, afternoon and asked if the car would actually be in, he checked and said the car will be in 9/1 and available for pick up 9/2.

8/31(today) EDD shows 9/2 at 11am!!!!

I have the charger installed and all weather floor mats being delivered today. Am I missing anything else?
good luck with delivery! Which floor mats did you order?

I think this is too expensive for a hand vac, but the fact that it looks like a 1950's laser gun, and it is named the Humdinger, I think it belongs with a Tesla.

Dyson Humdinger Handheld Vacuum Cleaner | Dyson Humdinger (Nickel)
I got this one for something like $109, when they were in stock earlier this month!

Nice, I saved 5k and get a faster car.
@Maybeplaid Yep, me too bro, me too! The 21s "look" better than the 19s, but I prefer the more comfortable ride (and efficiency) of the 19s. Yes, of course, I will take the better acceleration performance as well! :p

Plaid 1.jpg

I think this is too expensive for a hand vac, but the fact that it looks like a 1950's laser gun, and it is named the Humdinger, I think it belongs with a Tesla.

If you have wood or tile floors, their handheld vacuums (V-series or cordless stick vacuums I think) work great as household vacuums and double as a "shop" vacuum. Anytime I am preparing to wash my car, the vacuum is included with all the towels. Once I am done, it is put right back into the house for use there. Not any cheaper, more expensive in fact. But double usage.

The mids and highs are clear. I expect the bass to represent legitimate sound. For instance, if I am listening to a rock song, not digital auto tune crap, but legitimate band music, I expect it to sound like it would in person, with deep thuds for the bass drums and a feeling of spatial immersion. It's fine if you don't like bass, you can turn it down. But the audio system SHOULD be able to capture the frequency range of what you are listening to accurately. The Tesla sound system rings hollow and does not hit hard when it needs to.
Which is really disappointing given the class of car we're talking about...
Our pre-refresh MX has a really good sound system albeit a little weak on deep bass.

Unbelievable. Now best date is 09/10. The motor for A/C was broken in transit and they can't get one for yet another week. I am beyond pissed. Tweeted at Tesla and Elon...Not surprising: No response. I feel bad for the person who called because I got fairly irate. Sucks having no leverage and just sitting her waiting.
Lemmon Law???

For all of you complaining about the sound system, are the mids and highs not good either? Most people equate bad or low volume bass to a bad overall sound system. I find most car sound systems to have too much/boomy bass.
I agree, maxing the bass at all the way up does not do it for me so I might very well be good with the sound system in this car.

It is too expensive but to top it off Dyson's garbage customer service makes it even worst. Try calling them if you have an issue with their products and see if you can manage to speak to a human unless you plan on being on the phone for over 40 minutes.

The last part has me scratching my head a bit. I've been involved in a large number of resaonably complicated engineering efforts in the past and one element of this whole BeV thing keeps gnawing at me.

I think we may be taking for granted the ease/difficulty in building high quality long life batteries that are safe based on the relative ease with which Tesla has, and continues to, accomplish the task. Where I think this risk association/anology is weak is the fact that Tesla fully owns the problem from pack integration to protection to cell design. They have the ability to simultaneously attack battery degradation and pack cooling and physical damage survival and and and while legacy OEMs have ridged engineering structures that rely heavily on their existing vendor base. These OEMs may very well pull off a well made battery that does not suffer from long term performance or safety issues. Alternatively, they may be like Zero where you have a hard time giving away a five year old bike (I exaggerate but the depreciation is staggering).

Time will tell but this is most certainly not a given for me that MB, VAG, GM,,, will perform as well or better than Tesla on the core element of their car's safety and longevity.
You may be right. I'm not a technical guy at all. But, I think Mercedes and GM have the resources and the determination to build a good EV. Time will tell.

The last part has me scratching my head a bit. I've been involved in a large number of resaonably complicated engineering efforts in the past and one element of this whole BeV thing keeps gnawing at me.

I think we may be taking for granted the ease/difficulty in building high quality long life batteries that are safe based on the relative ease with which Tesla has, and continues to, accomplish the task. Where I think this risk association/anology is weak is the fact that Tesla fully owns the problem from pack integration to protection to cell design. They have the ability to simultaneously attack battery degradation and pack cooling and physical damage survival and and and while legacy OEMs have ridged engineering structures that rely heavily on their existing vendor base. These OEMs may very well pull off a well made battery that does not suffer from long term performance or safety issues. Alternatively, they may be like Zero where you have a hard time giving away a five year old bike (I exaggerate but the depreciation is staggering).

Time will tell but this is most certainly not a given for me that MB, VAG, GM,,, will perform as well or better than Tesla on the core element of their car's safety and longevity.
There is a lot of genius to Tesla that is out in the open, but this unappreciated--the "experts" often focus on the wrong things. Way back when, one of the many advantages of the Panasonic 18650 was that it had no secrets--Panasonic had sold a gazillion of them and had good operational data on how they behaved, how they degraded etc. This greatly simplified the task of writing a BMS since the operational characteristics of the cells were so well understood. After the first few iterations of the pack, Tesla started to also accumulate mountains of their own data from their own cars which then informed subsequent design and engineering decisions.

No matter how talented your design and engineering team is, a 1.0 product is still a collection of unproven conjecture and that is where everyone else is. Eventually folks will close the gap as they accumulate their own data and expertise, but its going to take a couple of products cycles. Back to the original pack example, LG Chem cells have been around a couple of years, but operational data on them is still going to be limited (especially if manufacturers did not bother to instrument their cars), so writing a BMS to manage an LG pack is still going to involve a fair amount of rolling the dice.