Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was tempted to place an order in 2017 but I decided to wait until closer to production. The $50k deposit was a bit steep considering the car wasn't expected until 2020. Since nobody knows when, I feel more comfortable waiting until production starts. I'd rather have the $50k instead of Tesla sitting on it for years.
Ahhhh ok gotcha! The good news here is there won't be 1.25 million+ reservations for the Roadster, so the wait should be a lot less.

I was tempted to place an order in 2017 but I decided to wait until closer to production. The $50k deposit was a bit steep considering the car wasn't expected until 2020. Since nobody knows when, I feel more comfortable waiting until production starts. I'd rather have the $50k instead of Tesla sitting on it for years.
Edit: I'm also very curious to know the details. I assume the specs will be very different than what was announced 4 years ago.
Funny thought: if you had placed $50k into TSLA stock that night, wouldn't you have enough gains to pay for the Roadster entirely by now, or by the time they show up (2022/23/24?).

Heck, if it's late enough, you could still keep the $50k in the initial stock purchase and just pay for the car with a portion of the gains, or so SMR would likely predict:)

I have two Plaids that show delivery in September, one is asking for payment with a VINV, both are red with CF. One has Black Interior and the other Cream. Post some pics of your version of these two options to help me decide. Getting tired of no EDD on my White/White order. Thanks.

Attachments

• 29837B89-5384-42FE-9C5C-478E898862F5.jpeg
    29837B89-5384-42FE-9C5C-478E898862F5.jpeg
    640.7 KB · Views: 85
I just installed 2021.32.5 and Autopark is still missing. I'm cross posting here because this is the busy thread. Here is the original post w/ release notes missing Autopark. Any ideas why?

Tesla is undoubtedly the EV leader. But real competition is coming sooner than most folks think.
The last part has me scratching my head a bit. I've been involved in a large number of resaonably complicated engineering efforts in the past and one element of this whole BeV thing keeps gnawing at me.

I think we may be taking for granted the ease/difficulty in building high quality long life batteries that are safe based on the relative ease with which Tesla has, and continues to, accomplish the task. Where I think this risk association/anology is weak is the fact that Tesla fully owns the problem from pack integration to protection to cell design. They have the ability to simultaneously attack battery degradation and pack cooling and physical damage survival and and and while legacy OEMs have ridged engineering structures that rely heavily on their existing vendor base. These OEMs may very well pull off a well made battery that does not suffer from long term performance or safety issues. Alternatively, they may be like Zero where you have a hard time giving away a five year old bike (I exaggerate but the depreciation is staggering).

Time will tell but this is most certainly not a given for me that MB, VAG, GM,,, will perform as well or better than Tesla on the core element of their car's safety and longevity.

The last part has me scratching my head a bit. I've been involved in a large number of resaonably complicated engineering efforts in the past and one element of this whole BeV thing keeps gnawing at me.

I think we may be taking for granted the ease/difficulty in building high quality long life batteries that are safe based on the relative ease with which Tesla has, and continues to, accomplish the task. Where I think this risk association/anology is weak is the fact that Tesla fully owns the problem from pack integration to protection to cell design. They have the ability to simultaneously attack battery degradation and pack cooling and physical damage survival and and and while legacy OEMs have ridged engineering structures that rely heavily on their existing vendor base. These OEMs may very well pull off a well made battery that does not suffer from long term performance or safety issues. Alternatively, they may be like Zero where you have a hard time giving away a five year old bike (I exaggerate but the depreciation is staggering).

Time will tell but this is most certainly not a given for me that MB, VAG, GM,,, will perform as well or better than Tesla on the core element of their car's safety and longevity.
💯

With the guidance of @lolachampcar I installed the perfect compromise to 19's and 21's.
20" TSW Nurburgring 20x10. With tires they are 54.3lbs. The 19's I replaced are 57 and for sale here in case anyone is interested.
For tires I went with @lolachampcar recommendation as well, the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S 275/35ZR2 on all 4 corners.
Im VERY happy with how they look on the car. They are a bit more noisy that the 19's
I have yet to stomp on it to see how they do as far as straight line traction. (Im really hoping for an improvement there.
View attachment 703375
Looks awesome, what offset are the rims, 40?

Now part won't be in until next week. So delivery planned for next Friday. Infuriating to say the least.
Unbelievable. Now best date is 09/10. The motor for A/C was broken in transit and they can't get one for yet another week. I am beyond pissed. Tweeted at Tesla and Elon...Not surprising: No response. I feel bad for the person who called because I got fairly irate. Sucks having no leverage and just sitting her waiting.

Unbelievable. Now best date is 09/10. The motor for A/C was broken in transit and they can't get one for yet another week. I am beyond pissed. Tweeted at Tesla and Elon...Not surprising: No response. I feel bad for the person who called because I got fairly irate. Sucks having no leverage and just sitting her waiting.
I haven't been following along precisely. How long has it been? Are you approaching lemon-law status?

Unfortunately, tweeting at Elon only works if you have enough followers and activity surrounding your account that Twitter itself puts it on top of all the crypto scam replies he gets to every tweet....

Last edited: