Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you not know Tesla’s philosophy - “why make it simple when you can make it difficult”?

and I don’t mean that in jest… they’re fvcking ridiculous and hire the most uncustomer-centric people . I would say by design!
I think Tesla is trying to make things simple Tesla's way.
There are no options or discussions. You just go along with whatever they feel like doing that day. If they wake up and tell their more senior sales people to make sure there is demand for EoQ (when that is a month away) and tell them to promise delivery that month if you agree to take a different car (Plaid+ to Plaid switch), they will with no real ability to make good on that promise. This did happen as a good number of previous Plaid+ reservation holders can attest.

The question for me is how do you evaluate the performance of a customer facing (their term, not mine) Sales Representative? Did you do a good job if you kept the customer away from management without them going postal?

To be fair to the media, the only vehicles with Autopilot hitting police cars are Teslas.
This would be the same media that-
(1) covered the infrastructure electric car thingy where they went on and on about every electric car manufacturer except the one that
- is driving all the others to actually produce electric cars
- has more US content (labor and materials) than any of the rest

(2) is incredibly good at covering car fires provided the source is a battery and not gas.

to be fair

I wonder if some of the lack of bass comments fall into the bug category? Although I know everyone has vastly different expectations and ideas of what a good stereo sound like. I swear there has been a few times I have been in my car where the bass has all but disapeared (2017 UHF, hasn't happened in a while) but all other times this former 'basshead' and current wannabe audiophile is pleasantly surprised with the range and even volume that this stock car stereo has. This is my first EV and I bought the car for the performance and so maybe I was expecting that but I tell people the thing that impressed me the most was the stereo. I am really hoping the new stereo is that much more impressive.

(1) covered the infrastructure electric car thingy where they went on and on about every electric car manufacturer except the one that

(2) is incredibly good at covering car fires provided the source is a battery and not gas.

to be fair
Beautifully put. There are very few fair and unbiased news coverage outlets and articles now, as anything Tesla that is negative seems to get crazy clicks. Amazing how the media that once wholeheartedly supported Tesla is indifferent at best, and borderline hostile at worst in today's time.

to be fair
And to be fair on the car fires, Tesla has a car fire rate of around 1 per 220 million miles, while ICE is something like 1 per 19 million miles. I have never seen this in any car fire article produced by prevalent media.

I woke up so see the storms from Ida had passed, so I decided to take the Tesla to work, even though my original plan was to park it till Friday. I got in and noticed I had 41 Sentry Mode events. We have a mouse problem in the garage, so I sat there looking through the files to see if I could spot it.

My wife calls from her car. "Don't take the Tesla! The roads are washed out, water running across the roads everywhere. Gravel washed onto the roads."

So I'm in the truck again today...

I'll deal with that mouse this weekend. 🐭

I woke up so see the storms from Ida had passed, so I decided to take the Tesla to work, even though my original plan was to park it till Friday. I got in and noticed I had 41 Sentry Mode events. We have a mouse problem in the garage, so I sat there looking through the files to see if I could spot it.

My wife calls from her car. "Don't take the Tesla! The roads are washed out, water running across the roads everywhere. Gravel washed onto the roads."

Soon to be CyberTruck?

Beautifully put. There are very few fair and unbiased news coverage outlets and articles now, as anything Tesla that is negative seems to get crazy clicks. Amazing how the media that once wholeheartedly supported Tesla is indifferent at best, and borderline hostile at worst in today's time.
This is the crap I was talking about! Had me laughing lol.

1630588934516.png

I have 32.5 in the Plaid and don’t see this “sub” slider at all. EAP only?
I have FSD, not sure how that's related to the Audio 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edit: Last night I spent some time listening. The sub portion of audio is significantly boosted by this new slider. If there's a 2nd sub, I wouldn't be surprised. The garage door was closed so I didn't want to open the hatch and inspect.
The car definitely picked up a few rattles with very bass heavy audio tests with the new slider. So this new slider has presented some problems in my deck lid. Im going to have to chase down the rattles in the deck lid now lol

Last edited:
Minor details. He hit the glass with a hammer. It’s an end of the world as we know it truck.
The side rails are non functional. Even if money was no object, I wouldn't buy a CT for actual work. Every time you need to reach something in the front of the bed, you'll have to climb in instead of reaching over the side. The Honda Ridgeline does this same crap. Looks cool, but completely stupid for usefulness.

Sounds like when you take it to work, though, you should still expect to see 41 sentry alerts…. Just from your coworkers!