Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The BMW i3 had complete one pedal driving for a very long time before Tesla finally came around to it... They weren't a leader here at all.
I found this quote:

In the first Tesla Roadster, lifting off the accelerator produced strong (and occasionally sudden) regenerative braking, to recapture all possible energy as the car slowed down.

Roadster drivers quickly learned how to modulate the pedal to slow their cars to just a few miles per hour without touching the brake pedal—and "one-pedal driving" was born.

This is from an article here:

What IS 'one-pedal driving' in an electric car?

So it looks like you are incorrect. Tesla was indeed a leader here. BMW copied their innovation about 5 years later.

It looks like the Chevy Bolt was the first car to use one pedal driving to come to a complete stop.

Does anyone have any recommendations for ride height? Mine defaulted to Low when i picked it up, but when I was driving out of Pizza Hut there was a small dip in the road and the bottom of my front bumper connected with the ground (no damage - was just a light tap but i heard it).
Personally, just set it to automatic and then adjust it when you enter / exit a driveway that has a dip? And then it geocodes that location.

I did a quick search and it seems the I3 was first delivered in Sept 2013.

I seem to remember some MS being delivered before that and the demo I drove in 2012 had throttle pedal controlled regen.

Not sure who did what first but it seems Tesla has been doing it at least as long as the I3.

We're not talking about regen. We're talking about one pedal driving. Tesla wouldn't regen to 0 and then hold until mid 2019.

We got our Tesla! After waiting 10 months, we picked it up in Ft. Myers. Car was in perfect condition (as far as we can tell) and the delivery team did a great job getting it ready for delivery. And, as everyone says, all the drama of waiting goes away when you walk out, get in the car and drive away.

Three random thoughts. 1) if you are a pre-refresh order and expecting the $2,000 discount, you will have to wait until you get your final payment info (which will not have the discount). Then call your SA to get discount. It took about 3 days for it to show up on our final price.
2) After you take possession, and download the app, the manual is not available. Manual for S & X are on the car only. Understand that is because there are always updates and manual is constantly revising. We downloaded the manual a few weeks ago and have found it useful to browse the basic info & features. 3) Not excited about the look of the wheels.
tesla rear.jpg
tesla inside.jpg

tesla side.jpg

Yes, I just got a hard no from our SC. I am actually pretty angry.

P.S. I also still have 2021.11.102 software -- and can't seem to get an update... and it is still "calibrating" at 80 miles on the odometer -- when did others get to be able to test FSD.
My FSD worked as soon as I drove off the lot with 15 mi on the odometer. I think I was on 24.4 or something like that. I just updated to 32.5 a week ago.