Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So couple things. Is the yoke blocking everyone’s view of bottom left corner of main display? You can’t see the car icon at the bottom left and a few inches above.

Also, pulling out of a parking lot going right, and then having to quickly make a left makes it tough to turn on your blinkers to show you’re going left.

I’m on 10.2. Seems like that’s old. Can’t remember what the latest S version is
Yep it's blocked for me too.

I've discovered however that you just need to swipe right from anywhere along the left edge of the screen to bring up the controls screen, so I don't need to see the car icon.

Edit: What Hayseed said

I want to try it, not something I'll use on the daily but would be cool to see what it's all about

More interested in why refreshed cars are missing certain features old cars had 🤔
@Ramphex I think it’s because it’s the wonky sort of alpha pre-production version of the v11 UI not released last Xmas, as advertised last fall it would be. Kinda like FSD! 😂🤪

Last edited:
Obviously. Only Teslas on autopilot get into car wrecks.

Man, someone mad they ain't getting their car this QTR!
Haha. Not mad. I've been waiting > 7 months, so what's another week or two? My Tesla SC Mgr & RM have been saying delivery likely "mid-Sept - mid-Oct" since July actually, so that's what I was prepared for. In one of my last posts from earlier today, I said I'll either get a VIN in the next few days and this "Est Delivery: Sept 29-30" is true OR if I don't get a VIN by say Sept 15th, then my delivery is likely in Oct...whatever. Of course, sooner would be nice but it's not like I'm Ubering it. We have a LR RR Velar & my daughter's Acura (that I bought her) to drive...it's no biggie. But of course, I want my EV. I've learned some patience over the years and I actually waited 9 months from the time I ordered my previous EV, the Jag I-Pace, until it was delivered and I drove home with it. It's a car.

Reactions: impastu and Ormond
So couple things. Is the yoke blocking everyone’s view of bottom left corner of main display? You can’t see the car icon at the bottom left and a few inches above.

Also, pulling out of a parking lot going right, and then having to quickly make a left makes it tough to turn on your blinkers to show you’re going left.

Maybe you could try raising your seat a bit for a higher seating/viewing position? Or conversly, maybe try lowering the yoke steering (unless it's already lowered to the lowest position)?

Not sure if someone mentioned it already, but you can swipe anywhere from the left side of the screen to open the controls if that helps. i can’t see the car icon either but it doesn’t bother me because it’s much easier to open the controls by swiping anywhere from the left. You can do the same with the AC controls by swiping from the bottom up.

picked up today
No floor mats and trunk and privacy shade missing

also have steering wheel worm + small seals showing from the frunk which should be able to retucked

Anyone know if there’s a way to toggle on/off one pedal driving (couldn’t find it on the screen)

Attachments

• DEC019EC-7BEF-41CF-B250-F15C5F4769DE.jpeg
    DEC019EC-7BEF-41CF-B250-F15C5F4769DE.jpeg
    795.6 KB · Views: 80
picked up today
No floor mats and trunk and privacy shade missing

also have steering wheel worm + small seals showing from the frunk which should be able to retucked

Anyone know if there’s a way to toggle on/off one pedal driving (couldn’t find it on the screen)
What’s a trunk and privacy shade? And no you can’t remove one pedal/brake regeneration.

This is certainly not good news for the Plaid production line in Fremont... all batteries must travel West on I-80 from Reno.

"As Spiegel noted on Twitter, the fire was small - but the excuse for missing the upcoming quarter could be huge!"

No injuries were reported.

View attachment 708026
I’m case folks were wondering where this wreck occurred; It’s at “Dysfunction Junction;” three miles down the road from “Camp Run-A-Muk”!🤣

Not saying it’s definitely happening, BUT why do you suppose my Est Date which hasn’t moved in several weeks from 9/20-9/30 now just suddenly changed to 9/29-9/30 this morning? You think the Tesla Monkey 🐒 is f*king with me? Lol! 😜

I mean it seems completely retarded to change my est delivery date for a 2-day window (the narrowest window it’s ever been since I placed my order on 2/5/21) at the end of this month (which is only 2 weeks away) if they haven’t even built a white on white/cf MS Plaid and they’re planning on delivering mine along with so many others with the same or similar build with white seats in Oct or Nov, right? 🤔
Monkey messing with all of us white interior guys. If the SAs are seeing October on their end then why are we shown September, just to give false hope lol. My SA says she sees September on her end but also confirmed that they have not delivered a single white interior refresh model S in Ohio in the last two months 😕