Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He has some news about the 4680s that he hasn’t shared yet, but he’s got enough bank and he’s old enough to be pleasantly surprised when he wakes up, so patience is a given. That translates to patience with everything. And he’s a Christian.

:D
what do you mean, hasn't shared yet. Did you not notice that "4680" had a hypertext link to it?

This has nothing to do with having a stomach for conversation and everything to do with not wanting to waste time on a useless argument. Like I said I was not the only one who felt you were making a statement about people defending their choices while doing it yourself in the same post, there are others who perceived it similarly. I think it is childish to mention hearts on a comment. I do not care about that and just because some people who liked my comment are on your ignore list does not mean they're wrong and you're right. I have agreed with several of your posts and now disagree with this one, surely you don't think I have something against you. I don't think likes and dislikes are that big of a deal man. You're correct, there is nothing constructive to add here when you fail to acknowledge that you were doing exactly what you were accusing others of doing in your comment and I cannot go back in time and un-perceive your comment just like several others did. Me quoting you or responding to your post is a normal thing to do, it is what happens on an online forum. You're acting as if my response affected your credit score or some sh*t lol. It's not that serious. Let's agree to disagree here and move on. There is nothing to gain from this for either one of us so no sense in wasting time and energy.
And yet..........................it appears the time was wasted.

I don’t see a 4680 Model S in the near future. With the (~500k) orders of the Cybertruck, the Semi, the Y and Roadster all needing these cells, I think it’s safe to say that the S will not be high on the priority list for these batteries. The S is definitely quite good as is.

When the new cells fly off the assembly lines and all other models have ramped up their production, the S will be due for an update anyway. I don’t expect a 4680 MS for at least 4-5 years. I may be wrong, but I’ve learned to lower my expectations real low with Elon’s promises.

I don’t see a 4680 Model S in the near future. With the (~500k) orders of the Cybertruck, the Semi, the Y and Roadster all needing these cells, I think it’s safe to say that the S will not be high on the priority list for these batteries. The S is definitely quite good as is.

When the new cells fly off the assembly lines and all other models have ramped up their production, the S will be due for an update anyway. I don’t expect a 4680 MS for at least 4-5 years. I may be wrong, but I’ve learned to lower my expectations real low with Elon’s promises.
Here's to hoping that your sight proves to be myopic!

Has anyone who ordered pre-price increase leased their long range? If so, could you share what you put down and pricing? Im curious if the price increase effectively works out to a 10k built in down payment to the people who ordered before price increase. Might make a lease more attractive. Not really sure how Tesla handles this though.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Has anyone received a VIN that is not able to pick up their cars due to travel?

Murphy's law of waiting for my VIN since mid Feb (LR, 19, MSM, Blk), my EDD is getting closer/tighter around next week. Unfortunately I may be out of town for a couple of weeks and will not able to pick it up (if the EDD sticks). Anyone else miss their date and have to get back in line? What does that look like (timing) and risk of the price change kicking in (I am pre Price increase since I ordered in Feb).

Thanks

I think
My wife did say something similar to @Phlier 's wife..... after I bought her a Mercedes. ;)😂
My wife's a peach and said the same thing as @Phlier 's wife AFTER she rejected my offer to buy her a new Mercedes because I am so deserving 😍. She then said I deserve a new remodeled garage for my new car. Since the garage is where I spend time, I thought WOW (maybe I really am deserving).

Next thing I know, I agreed to re-landscape the front yard to fix a possible drainage issue when it rains that our contractor said needs to be fixed before he puts in the new epoxy floor. This led to discovering a plumbing issue which somehow led to me agreeing to remodel part of the house (because we have to do work already) and I still don't have a car!

This delay is killing me! If I just got the car around the time I ordered it, I would be enjoying it and not making myself vulnerable over-thinking everything car related (PPF and ceramic which I never had on any of my cars in 3+ decades/ garage remodel for a garage I enjoyed unchanged for 20 years).

My wife is truly a treasure and a mad genius, especially if she gave me the go ahead to order the Tesla and garage with a plan to get the new landscape and remodel 🧐

my park assist features work fine through my wrap. no cutouts.
I did get wrapped. Although I agree that wrap does not interfere with the sensors, mine are cutout for it and they weren't unplugged. The error is gone however. Not sure if was related to getting an update yesterday or if was just a fluke. All is well.

Yea but unless you do some side by side pulls within reasonable speed ranges, what fun is it owning a fast car?
Every time you push your body into the seatback you get a little thrill. The basis of amusement rides and roller coaster at your disposal at any time. Why do people have such a hard time understanding that it's the feeling of acceleration on the body that is thrilling, not the numbers...