Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to share my monthaversary here.

It is officially 9 months since my original order. Could've made a human in this time....and yet, I have no Model S. EDD window begins in 4 days.
Congrats! it took me 50 weeks to get mine, but technically I did get it around when it was originally promised on 9/22... just wasn't quite the same car that was presented at unveiling, haha

I'd like to share my monthaversary here.

It is officially 9 months since my original order. Could've made a human in this time....and yet, I have no Model S. EDD window begins in 4 days.
a wise decision to focus on the car vs a new human - i believe the business case for bringing a human into this world is significantly negative for almost 21 years (and that too if everything goes ok). With a car, at least there's residual value of the wreck!

Just a new data point from me. Note I have white interior also and a LR is as of 10/7:

Online site still shows: Estimated Delivery: November 28 - December 18.
My advisor responded to a text today and says they show: December 17 - January 6th.

Seems like the Tesla internal system shows ~+2-2.5 weeks past what I can see.
Will be interesting to see if your profile reflects to those dates.

Just a new data point from me. Note I have white interior also and a LR is as of 10/7:

Online site still shows: Estimated Delivery: November 28 - December 18.
My advisor responded to a text today and says they show: December 17 - January 6th.

Seems like the Tesla internal system shows ~+2-2.5 weeks past what I can see.
expect to see this change next wednesday on your profile!

Without meaning to rehash a subject discussed many times over before, but probably for the benefit of new members its worth bringing this up again. I believe Tesla considers an order in effect only after one completes all the required ordering steps except financing. Hence even if you have paid the deposit your order is not complete until the afore-mentioned. Hence one should start the clock only after this point. I got reminded after a discussion with a friend who configured his car back in July but did not complete all the steps until this week. That said, I still cannot understand how Tesla justifies delivering a car ordered in July this year before one order 12 months earlier. I honestly cannot come up with a reasonable excuse. But then again, in all fairness, those who refuse a car for whatever reason should probably reset their clock to the date of refusal when discussing delays here.
For disclosure, I ordered my third S in July with a blank EDD at this time which has changed several times like most. I'll probably return the one I'm driving now at the end of Nov with lease end regardless and drive my ICE for a while.

Without meaning to rehash a subject discussed many times over before, but probably for the benefit of new members its worth bringing this up again. I believe Tesla considers an order in effect only after one completes all the required ordering steps except financing.
I was also told that I could leave financing open until it got closer (with my MY order), but the date kept sliding and they kept sending em reminders to "finish my profile". I ended up just picking cash, and changed it later.

Without meaning to rehash a subject discussed many times over before, but probably for the benefit of new members its worth bringing this up again. I believe Tesla considers an order in effect only after one completes all the required ordering steps except financing. Hence even if you have paid the deposit your order is not complete until the afore-mentioned. Hence one should start the clock only after this point. I got reminded after a discussion with a friend who configured his car back in July but did not complete all the steps until this week. That said, I still cannot understand how Tesla justifies delivering a car ordered in July this year before one order 12 months earlier. I honestly cannot come up with a reasonable excuse. But then again, in all fairness, those who refuse a car for whatever reason should probably reset their clock to the date of refusal when discussing delays here.
For disclosure, I ordered my third S in July with a blank EDD at this time which has changed several times like most. I'll probably return the one I'm driving now at the end of Nov with lease end regardless and drive my ICE for a while.

Only issue with completing all the requirements, your financing will expire as mine did. I’m not going to reapply until there’s a VIN. Your FICO score takes a hit every time there’s an inquiry. Going on 1 year waiting on the 22nd.

I was also told that I could leave financing open until it got closer (with my MY order), but the date kept sliding and they kept sending em reminders to "finish my profile". I ended up just picking cash, and changed it later.
And indeed your order was not complete until you indicated what method of financing. What I should have said is not to complete the financing section personal particulars if lease or loan until within 30 days of delivery. As pointed out by someone else, that triggers a credit check which is only good for 30 days.

Hi all,
1. My date was pushed to 12/3 to 12/31 - I'm not aware of anyone with a 4 week delivery window - are there others out there? Likely to change/move up, or is the 4 weeks because end of quarter/end of year - so why not?

2. The 19" wheels seem to no longer be a problem, but have we started to see native All Seasons or do they have to be swapped out?

3. Any idea why no LR white interiors? With the 19" wheels, I was pretty sure there was a defect or supply issue of the WHEEL - i NEVER imagined it might ahve been a supply issue of the tire! With the white LR, I'm wondering if it is material, whether raw or produced, or something else? I mean I think there are white 3, Y interiors, etc. - so why not S? Does Tesla make the seat, or buy it ready made, and if so, does that mean cream and black were fine, but maybe something either happened to the machines, etc. when they switched to white, or the material itself is no good, or just stuck in shipping?
I do believe the LR and S white seats are different - piping, and maybe some differences in the holes. But I mean, great, give me piping. don't give me piping. I don't care! Just give me my damn car!

4. Any predictions on when the N vin will come out? I thought after October production, but maybe after 12/31 production?

okay, end of vent, thank you.

And indeed your order was not complete until you indicated what method of financing. What I should have said is not to complete the financing section personal particulars if lease or loan until within 30 days of delivery. As pointed out by someone else, that triggers a credit check which is only good for 30 days.
just put cash and you can change to financing once you have a credible delivery date.

Here's an up close photo of my rear wheel arch after ~300 miles. I'm now using Tracwrap (it's on Amazon!) to protect this area until I can get my car in for a real wrap. Tracwrap requires reapplication every 5-7 days or you risk taking off clearcoat and even then you have to be very careful removing it. Nice and slow. Don't rip it off like a bandaid. I've now done 3 applications and ~ 300 more miles and haven't had any clearcoat issues.

How long before we see Tesla offer mudflaps for the front tires? They've done it on the 3/Y. I'm dying to see how a car with no wrap and 10,000 miles on it will look like.

Edit: Derp, looks like I posted a similar photo a couple weeks ago. Consider this post a Tracwrap post. The stuff works. Just be careful with it.

IMG_2809.jpeg

Last edited:
I mean I think there are white 3, Y interiors, etc. - so why not S?
Perforated versus not.
4. Any predictions on when the N vin will come out? I thought after October production, but maybe after 12/31 production?
Still waiting on the first car with a birth date after October 1st. All the VINs we have seen were produced in September. I would suspect end of week or next week. Posts about the line being shut down or slowed.

Hi all,
1. My date was pushed to 12/3 to 12/31 - I'm not aware of anyone with a 4 week delivery window - are there others out there? Likely to change/move up, or is the 4 weeks because end of quarter/end of year - so why not?
I have an Estimated Delivery: October 18 - November 07. so that is within 4 weeks... of course now that I posted this, it will change.

expect to see this change next wednesday on your profile!

Yeah, we'll see if it pushes on on the website. Should be interesting as it crosses over into January 6 for end date. I'd think for TX that Tesla will want to get the car made in December and start shipping; have to fully pay before it enters state, etc. so perhaps a VIN in early/mid December at latest. Key though is I'd also assume they would want to do an end-of-quarter & end-of-year push on deliveries so may be interesting towards early Dec/late Nov.

Yeah, we'll see if it pushes on on the website. Should be interesting as it crosses over into January 6 for end date. I'd think for TX that Tesla will want to get the car made in December and start shipping; have to fully pay before it enters state, etc. so perhaps a VIN in early/mid December at latest. Key though is I'd also assume they would want to do an end-of-quarter & end-of-year push on deliveries so may be interesting towards early Dec/late Nov.
I am a Texas resident too. I think (but could be wrong) that since Texas residents pay for and own the car before it leaves California, all Texas orders are considered delivered once they leave California -- meaning that an EOQ departure of Dec 31 that is delivered in January is still an EOQ delivery. Anyone know for sure?