Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just tried to upload the video of the damage to my insurance claim. Their website does not accept videos...

I'm also irritated by the process of getting the videos from the viewer. It skips around in the car. Right after the impact, the recording leaps forward by 20 minutes or so. I have no recordings of anything right after the impact. To make matters worse, it's a 10 minute clip in the Tesla, but when I view the SSD on my PC, it's broken up into a bunch of 1 minute clips, and the actual impact is just a 15 second video. Frustrating.

Which is also interesting...I figured my score would be terrible yesterday because the car didn't recognize a few stop signs in rural Alabama. I kept waiting for AP to pick up the stop sign and slow down and ended up hard braking (like...legitimate hard braking, not the light braking the score normally dings you for) out of AP to stop for them. For some reason it didn't affect my score.
Boy you just love screwing up that poor car buddy!:mad:

I ordered my MS plaid March 3 2021 and am still being strung along with continually changing estimated delivery dates. Most recently it went from Oct 19-30 to Oct 24-nov 21. Is anyone having the same experience? I am wondering how many people ordered later than me but already have their cars. Beginning to think they don't want to fill my order because I locked the price in before the $10K price increase and/or because I leased rather than bought. Why would they be in a hurry to deliver my car when there are plenty of people who ordered at a higher price? Unfair but logical.

I ordered my MS plaid March 3 2021 and am still being strung along with continually changing estimated delivery dates. Most recently it went from Oct 19-30 to Oct 24-nov 21. Is anyone having the same experience? I am wondering how many people ordered later than me but already have their cars. Beginning to think they don't want to fill my order because I locked the price in before the $10K price increase and/or because I leased rather than bought. Why would they be in a hurry to deliver my car when there are plenty of people who ordered at a higher price? Unfair but logical.
I am in a similar situation. My date slipped yesterday to October 29 - November 26. I honestly have no clue. Maybe it's the config (white interior), maybe it's the price (I also have the original price). Whatever it is, it's frustrating and I completely get you. On top of that, I keep on reading that Tesla produces a record number of cars. But why not those that have been ordered 9 months ago?

Did anyone take a closer look at the Lucid? Since they opened a showroom in New York, I thought about stopping by and taking a closer look (and feel). Other EVs generally don't excite me, but the Lucid might be worth a closer look.

I ordered my MSLR in April at a $10k discount and got it in August. This conversation has come up many times. I don’t think Tesla is prioritizing higher prices. I don’t think they are prioritizing anything unfortunately. I think they are shipping cars out all over the country, with no regard for orders, and when your SC sees a configuration match coming their way, a VIN assignment happens.

It’s the only thing that makes sense to me.

I am in a similar situation. My date slipped yesterday to October 29 - November 26. I honestly have no clue. Maybe it's the config (white interior), maybe it's the price (I also have the original price). Whatever it is, it's frustrating and I completely get you. On top of that, I keep on reading that Tesla produces a record number of cars. But why not those that have been ordered 9 months ago?

Did anyone take a closer look at the Lucid? Since they opened a showroom in New York, I thought about stopping by and taking a closer look (and feel). Other EVs generally don't excite me, but the Lucid might be worth a closer look.
Well @Tigers did. If you like positivity about the Lucid, you may not like this feedback, but it is valuable nonetheless as he has experienced it in person. I've only experienced the Plaid interior IRL so far. IMO it wasn't a huge deal as the one he viewed in BH, CA was a hand built prototype, and they are still working out the final kinks and tweaking the production models. So take his feedback with that in mind. :)
With that said, @Tigers please carry it on out from here! You have been summoned. 👈 🤣

Last edited:
Cry me a river. Get in line.

I ordered my MSLR in April at a $10k discount and got it in August. This conversation has come up many times. I don’t think Tesla is prioritizing higher prices. I don’t think they are prioritizing anything unfortunately. I think they are shipping cars out all over the country, with no regard for orders, and when your SC sees a configuration match coming their way, a VIN assignment happens.

It’s the only thing that makes sense to me.
Same. January 2 OD at $12K discount, August delivery. Got VIN before it headed east from Fremont.

I fear we're all having a pretty similar experience, at least with regard to constantly changing estimated delivery dates. I'm actually more surprised when about 10 days go by and I haven't seen an update. As to why it's happening and whether or not it has to do with sending the cars that are ready off to the highest bidder, I have no idea.

What I'm more sure about is that Tesla woke up the car industry and there are some big names with absolutely rock solid automotive manufacturing practices ready to eat Elon's lunch if he can't figure out how to scale manufacturing and treat his early adopters/first wave customers with more decency.

I really have no idea why the board of directors hasn't demanded that the company's leadership go poach any successful car company's directors of manufacturing and customer experience. It could possibly have something to do with the fact that nobody on the board has any experience in automobile manufacturing either.

Hey Elon--if you're reading this, I'll do the job! We want you to succeed! We're here because we believe in the brand and know the engineering is top-tier! Listen to us! Let us help!

</rant>

Well @Tigers did. If you like positivity about the Lucid, you may not like this feedback, but it is valuable nonetheless as he has experienced it in person. I've only experienced the Plaid interior IRL so far. IMO it wasn't a huge deal as the one he viewed in BH, CA was a hand built prototype, and they are still working out the final kinks and tweaking the production models. So take his feedback with that in mind. :)
With that said, @Tigers please carry it on out from here! You have been summoned. 👈 🤣
I never cared for the company name of Lucid. It basically means clearly understood. That's a real aspirational name. I can see their advertising campaign now. A camera pans to a deep throated suave man. He stares into the camera and says "Two plus two equals four." And then the logo comes into view. Lucid.

I never cared for the company name of Lucid. It basically means clearly understood. That's a real aspirational name. I can see their advertising campaign now. A camera pans to a deep throated suave man. He stares into the camera and says "Two plus two equals four." And then the logo comes into view. Lucid.
You must do this for a living

Reminds me of Lucid Dream from Vanilla Sky. And this could be their commercial. 😄