Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good review of the M50i
Nothing to compare to the plaid but close enough to the LR to compare.
Strong work BMW--pretty impressed with this! Hasn't convinced me to cancel my MS LR reservation, but it's a strong contender.

However, this is nowhere near a competitor for the MS. The i4 and i4 M50 are more the SR+ M3 and Performance M3 competitors.
+1 on this. If I had a Performance M3 scheduled to arrive mid-2022, I would scratching my head right now.

I wonder if BMW is going to run into the same raw materials and chip shortages that have handicapped Tesla's production. Perhaps not to the same extent given the maturity of their supply chain network, but probably won't be entirely avoidable either.

Strong work BMW--pretty impressed with this! Hasn't convinced me to cancel my MS LR reservation, but it's a strong contender.

+1 on this. If I had a Performance M3 scheduled to arrive mid-2022, I would scratching my head right now.

I wonder if BMW is going to run into the same raw materials and chip shortages that have handicapped Tesla's production. Perhaps not to the same extent given the maturity of their supply chain network, but probably won't be entirely avoidable either.
Yeah it's really impressive IMO! Will outrun a M3P after 100 mph for sure. Wouldn't be surprised to see a Plaid-like power curve coming to the M3 soon.

They may run into issues. Really hope not. Here is some excellent insight from JB Straubel, a Tesla co-founder and brilliant battery and powertrain, etc.. aid at Tesla for 15 years:

Last edited:
Plaid?
VA plays zero games with excessive speed. And he was drunk?
1634176098614.gif

how many times do i have to repeat myself! 1) im not even using my phone right now 2) when I do, it doesnt work on there either. Ive been banned from seeing signatures and i dont know why.

This damn website will let people include an "AIM" username, but not some simple tool to see other peoples SIGNATURES. WTF.

Hopefully, in 30 days or so, none of this will matter, as you will be one of the few with a '22...

Yeah it's really impressive IMO! Will outrun a M3P after 100 mph for sure. Wouldn't be surprised to see a Plaid-like power curve coming to the M3 soon.

They may run into issues. Really hope not. Here is some excellent insight from JB Straubel, a Tesla co-founder and brilliant battery and powertrain, etc.. aid at Tesla for 15 years:

I doubt they'll release plaid like power curve for M3P anytime soon. If it happened more people will ignore Model S. All the talk of air suspension already has a few people on Twitter question their decision of a Model S. Giving Model S like to features to cheaper models does not seem like a wise business decision for Tesla. It was ridiculous to see 3/Y having superior interior and other things like a dedicated heat pump and for Tesla to still wanting to charge Model S customers almost 40k more for inferior interior. I hope the Model S/X stay as the luxury variants and as far apart from 3/Y as possible.

I doubt they'll release plaid like power curve for M3P anytime soon. If it happened more people will ignore Model S. All the talk of air suspension already has a few people on Twitter question their decision of a Model S. Giving Model S like to features to cheaper models does not seem like a wise business decision for Tesla. It was ridiculous to see 3/Y having superior interior and other things like a dedicated heat pump and for Tesla to still wanting to charge Model S customers almost 40k more for inferior interior. I hope the Model S/X stay as the luxury variants and as far apart from 3/Y as possible.
I'm all for model hierarchies and linup spacing (it's obviously extremely important), but I wouldn't worry about this at all. It is such a specific and easy detail to miss. If people really looked at that stuff, that would be one thing, but most Plaid buyers don't even know about this power curve, and even if they see it, they have no clue how much of a breakthrough it is. Hell they probably won't see it, as unless they do some heavy research on the car or saw the delivery event, they would never even know. Tesla had "maintains peak power up to top speed" on the MS page for 5 months and no one even noticed it.

Another thing to remember is that if the M3 gets a flat power curve, it would still not be as fast as a LR MS. The near flat power curve doesn't help 0-60; it affects performance after that speed. So it would maybe bring the trap speed up to maybe 120 or 125 mph. At the end of the day, it's still a 500hp car vs. a 670 or 1020hp car. Anyone who is so keen to go looking for it, or to know what this curve means also will know it won't be able to touch either MS. The MS and X are the top models and always will be.😄👌

Last edited:
I got a vin! Delivery date window: October 25-31 (from 11/17-12-25).

How do I figure out whether it’s been sitting on the lot for four months? It’s an MF vin, not N.

RN1146, Plaid/white/white/CF/21s
I’m suddenly forgetting everything I’ve been planning for. Do I wait until I get a firm delivery date before I apply for a DCU loan? Why does my master agreement say that my amount due is $0?