Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
anyone had experience with Tesla insurance? Is the service similiar to Tesla's service/customer service?
Experience to date has been fine. Had both S and X covered for -196 a month. Was able to get what I needed online and on phone (with live person) easily and quickly. Not like car or solar in that sense.

Had not filed a claim prior to selling both vehicles so can’t comment on actual insurance experience.

Interesting that you have MG-- instead of MF--. I wonder what that indicates?
The G is for the new Active Read Spoiler

Screen Shot 2021-10-15 at 7.12.46 AM.png

anyone had experience with Tesla insurance? Is the service similiar to Tesla's service/customer service?
In my case in CA with a 2021 Model Y and a 2021 Model S Plaid, I actually saved ~$900 dollars per year by going with Tesla Insurance versus Progressive. Same coverage and deductions, except with more wins being on the Tesla side. I told Progressive they need to reevaluate their tesla coverage. Like $3,700+ versus $2,800 per year. With a lot of coverages. No tickets/accidents for wife and I last 3 years, and no accidents in last 5+, for reference. SF Bay Area.

As far as experience, I have not used the Insurance so no experience on that sorry.

Received VIN! MF451xxx. Was kind of hoping for it to be labeled a 2022, but as long as the manufacture date is the last couple weeks that will be fine. I’ve been ready since the initial March EDD.
Spoke to a delivery person that confirmed this was built on 10/14, so seems like they haven't cut over to 2022 model years yet. She also looked up a couple Model Ys that just came out of the factory and they were also still 2021 model year. Tentatively scheduled pickup for 11/3.