Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Take a look at the outlet and see if it is a NEMA 5-20. If so, get the UMC 5-20 adapter and a 5-20 extension. You'll get a few more MPH charging from charging at 16A.
Thanks, it does! Just ordered the adapter and appropriate extension cord.

Attachments

• D3AF743D-AA79-403B-80FD-4F5945650171.jpeg
    D3AF743D-AA79-403B-80FD-4F5945650171.jpeg
    499.6 KB · Views: 45
Did they charge you for the Yoke replacement? I was about to make an absolutely furious post about how my car is literally coming unglued, but came here first to see if anyone else is having similar yoke issues and low and behold, You did!

I submitted a service request for the image I attached and they're trying to charge me $400 to fix the problem. I've had the car for 5 weeks! 5 weeks and their trash quality control has struck me twice. Previously with a hole in a seat I found after delivery (not the intentional holes for quality butt breezes but a different one).

So to my previous question, did they charge you for the yoke replacement?
The estimate includes no cost. Unfortunately the new yoke didn't arrive in time for my appt yesterday (shocker). They rescheduled for 11/8. Price is still zero.

OT, but this is too ripe....

The full details of the proposed tax rebate have been disclosed. Basically a 10k point of sale credit for a new Tesla.

Today, saw Toyota has seen the light and is offering a BEV...

The thing is ugly as sin, imagine a late night three some with a Mach E, Pruis, and a Bolt.

But, it has....a YOKE!

🤣🤣🤣
IMO the bz4x isn't that bad looking lol! I actually kinda like it, as it looks like a proper EV.
20211029-01-02.jpg

It will be weird to see such an anti-EV brand such as Toyota producing an EV though. The issue is that they are barely targeting 2 million BEVs+FCEVS by 2030 though, so they clearly aren't thinking this will be a big hit. (For reference Tesla is targeting 10x that number in the same year, with no FCEVs.) However, it will be hugely in demand, and they will not know what to do. People think Tesla's wait times are bad, wait for THAT mess lol!
Overall, I'm interested to see this one launch, as it seems to be quite a well packaged vehicle. Decent charge time of 10-80% in 30 mins at 150kW, and a battery capacity of only 71.4 kWh; making it nicely efficient (and 2C charge rate, which is way better than the Mach-E). Also range probably at around 250 miles EPA. Quite slow at 7.7s 0-62 mph in the fastest AWD trim, but hey whatever lol. We'll see what it is priced at. :)

Last edited:
IMO the bz4x isn't that bad looking lol!
20211029-01-02.jpg

It will be weird to see such an anti-EV brand such as Toyota producing an EV though. The issue is that they are barely targeting 2 million BEVs+FCEVS by 2030 though, so they clearly aren't thinking this will be a big hit. (For reference Tesla is targeting 10x that number in the same year, with no FCEVs.) However, it will be hugely in demand, and they will not know what to do. People think Tesla's wait times are bad, wait for THAT mess lol!
Overall, I'm interested to see this one launch, as it seems to be quite a well packaged vehicle. Decent charge time of 10-80% in 30 mins at 150kW, and a battery capacity of only 71.4 kWh; making it nicely efficient (and 2C charge rate, which is way better than the Mach-E). Also range probably at around 250 miles EPA. Quite slow at 7.7s 0-62 mph in the fastest AWD trim, but hey whatever lol. We'll see what it is priced at. :)
Have you seen a side view?

But I agree with you, if it is a hit, with chip and battery shortages, will they be able to keep up with demand?

The only reason I can see that they are on the BEV wagon is the tax credit.

Pruis for 44k or Tesla M3 for 34k?