Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's a great sign, I'd love to see the same movement on mine. When you get a 2 week window I believe you'd be soft matched with a car that'd be going into production and VIN assigned once it's finished. What was your RN and config?
I'm in complete agreement, though not sure if the two week means soft matched, hard matched, or whatever, but I otherwise fully agree - it means "something" is happening.
I've been at 4 weeks for about 6 weeks now (is that 10 weeks in Elon time?) so I keep waiting for either (or both) of 2 things - 1) shortened EDD and/or 2) pushed back EDD.
My first date is 12/3 which I think has no chance of happening at this point. that would mean my car was shipped and is all but at the center, and I think my SA would have reached out (ha, I can dream!)
I HAVE been checking the app like a madman every hour or so, as i feel something is about to break loose - one way or the other.
Good luck all!

Tidal is, by far and away, the best streaming service available. Worthy of the hardware in the model S. Get a subscription to the premium service 96 kHz/ 24-bit
Hi - not trolling - I never heard of Tidal until a couple of weeks ago on this forum. I believe it has better bit rates - you indicated get the 96/24 - can you really hear a difference?
basically, are you recommending it because it has better playlists, songs, sound, or something else?
I'm completely clueless, but figured i'd up the subscription on my kid's spotify. I already have amazon music (which i think won't stream onto the car) and not sure how many other subscriptions i need to shell out for (not counting XM, disney +, hulu and the like on top of the huge cable selection)....
thanks!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
FWIW my buddy’s Polestar 2 which he loves, is getting its range crushed in the cold weather, and keeps losing lte connectivity, where he has to go to the service center to get LTE to work again. They’re supposed to release a fix for that in about a month.
Tesla is so far ahead of everyone else it is laughable.
i looked online at the EQS and can’t get myself jazzed.
i want my blue baby, tech n all!
Speaking of Polestar: their new Polestar 5 looks very familiar... like a blatant rip-off of the Model S design. ;)

Polestar-5-Sneak-Peek.jpg

Speaking of Polestar: the new model 5 looks very familiar... like a rip-off of the Model S. ;)

Polestar-5-Sneak-Peek.jpg
I honestly don't think it has anything to do with the MS. It has the classic Volvo/Polestar design language. IMO that thing is SOOOO gorgeous! Will be cool to see it launch in a few years. :)

I'm in complete agreement, though not sure if the two week means soft matched, hard matched, or whatever, but I otherwise fully agree - it means "something" is happening.
I've been at 4 weeks for about 6 weeks now (is that 10 weeks in Elon time?) so I keep waiting for either (or both) of 2 things - 1) shortened EDD and/or 2) pushed back EDD.
My first date is 12/3 which I think has no chance of happening at this point. that would mean my car was shipped and is all but at the center, and I think my SA would have reached out (ha, I can dream!)
I HAVE been checking the app like a madman every hour or so, as i feel something is about to break loose - one way or the other.
Good luck all!
Wow, I wonder if I got lucky. I placed my order on 11/19 and my delivery window was updated to a 2 week timeframe (originally Jan-Feb delivery at time of ordering) by 11/21. RN116094518

EDD was originally 12/17-12/31, but just checked today and it's been updated to 12/9 - 12/23

Maybe it's just Elon trying to get as many deliveries out as possible before EOY

Communication issue I can deal with, but the quality of work at the SvC in my experience has been abysmal.

If it we're not for Mobile Service I would not be here...
They had my car for 5 days, sitting out in the sun, dirty, in the parking lot, and solved 0 issues. To make the matters worse, they left the doors unlocked. The car literally didn’t move from the parking spot since I dropped it off. They were asking for another day until 5pm tomorrow and I told them to just give me the car back if they’re not going to do any work. I can’t continue to use “Uber Credits” to get to work and back, and I highly don’t appreciate my car baking outside in the sun for days with doors unlocked while they do 0 work on it. On top of that with Thanksgiving, I’m sure they would get nothing done for another several days. How can someone come up with excuses for this? Not even a “parts were ordered and we’re waiting for them to come in.” They legit did not do anything at all for 5 days.

They had my car for 5 days, sitting out in the sun, dirty, in the parking lot, and solved 0 issues. To make the matters worse, they left the doors unlocked. The car literally didn’t move from the parking spot since I dropped it off. They were asking for another day until 5pm tomorrow and I told them to just give me the car back if they’re not going to do any work. I can’t continue to use “Uber Credits” to get to work and back, and I highly don’t appreciate my car baking outside in the sun for days with doors unlocked while they do 0 work on it. On top of that with Thanksgiving, I’m sure they would get nothing done for another several days. How can someone come up with excuses for this? Not even a “parts were ordered and we’re waiting for them to come in.” They legit did not do anything at all for 5 days.

What's going on with your car?

Got the vibrations, @Ramphex ?

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: EndlessPlaid