Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Holy **** guuuyyyysss!!!
(Saw this on DT IG)

And now we know the real reason Elon pulled the red calipers.

"Only compatible with the Plaid." LOL, I'm sure this was determined by the "Marketing Engineers".

"We have decided that a 5000 pound sub-11 second car simply cannot benefit from better braking."

"Only compatible with the Plaid." LOL, I'm sure this was determined by the "Marketing Engineers".

"We have decided that a 5000 pound sub-11 second car simply cannot benefit from better braking."
Trust me, there is zero reason this wouldn’t work in current LR models.

But no one is buying the LR as a track car where you might want this.

I think that decision was awesome tbh. The more differentiation between Plaid and DM the better, as that's something the Plaid has lacked.

Reactions: Pdubs
Trust me, there is zero reason this wouldn’t work in current LR models.

But no one is buying the LR as a track car where you might want this.
I would disagree that someone would not buy the LR for a track car, considering the significant price difference, but I WILL agree that anyone who does that definitely does not have $20k for brakes.

So you're saying that you would buy the kit even if you had 19s?
Im not in the tax bracket that can consider buying a 20k set of brake rotors lol. Although from what I understand I don't think it fitting the stock 19" wheels would be important since anyone dropping this cash on brakes would also likely either have the track package wheels (tbd), the 21" arachnids, or aftermarket 20" or 21" forged wheels more suited toward racing. I could be wrong though

Ok WOW but thanks to BabyTesla on Twitter, look at the new footnote under 200mph!!! Looks like there won't be standalone tires for that speed (which fits the theory I had about the Arachnids being good for 200), but it might require the new brakes!

Screenshot (134).png

Puts the plus in Plaid+ I guess :)
FYI. CCB was a $13k option on the 12C

Ok WOW but thanks to BabyTesla on Twitter, look at the new footnote under 200mph!!! Looks like there won't be standalone tires for that speed (which fits the theory I had about the Arachnids being good for 200), but it might require the new brakes!

View attachment 736929
honestly considering how bad the brakes are (compared to how fast the car is) I think they should consider just splitting the difference, making the car 140k and including the high end brake package standard. Would help differentiate the car from the LR more and the volume would probably make up for a lot of the price difference in the standalone package.

honestly considering how bad the brakes are (compared to how fast the car is) I think they should consider just splitting the difference, making the car 140k and including the high end brake package standard. Would help differentiate the car from the LR more and the volume would probably make up for a lot of the price difference in the standalone package.
That Plaid thinks it's so cool with that third motor. Why don't you put that third motor down and race me like a man!

Yeah I agree! Then it would have the red calipers again!! I at least hope it may become a configuration option, not just on the Tesla Shop. We'll see. Tesla is always monitoring this stuff, so if they see a huge influx of orders and demand, they might make it standard.

That’s just nuts 🌰 🥜 🔩
Of course. The price is plaid as well. I think, when I buy the Plaid+ next year, with the 4680s, the motorized tilt front and back screen, lifetime unlimited supercharging transferrable to new owner, w/free upgrade to whatever color you like and walnut trim with heated and cooled leather seats front and back, and your choice of yoke or regular steering wheel, I think I'll get these.

Holy **** guuuyyyysss!!!
(Saw this on DT IG)

Does that mean the Zero-G wheels are not coming?
On a different note, Tidal Hifi music downloaded sounds wayyy wayyy better than Spotify. I am going to cancel my spotify sub and sign up for Tidal at 20 a month.

Of course. The price is plaid as well. I think, when I buy the Plaid+ next year, with the 4680s, the motorized tilt front and back screen, lifetime unlimited supercharging transferrable to new owner, w/free upgrade to whatever color you like and walnut trim with heated and cooled leather seats front and back, and your choice of yoke or regular steering wheel, I think I'll get these.
I guess for the $10k discount you get that ugly logo? Lol :p

• Funny
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Does that mean the Zero-G wheels are not coming?
On a different note, Tidal Hifi music downloaded sounds wayyy wayyy better than Spotify. I am going to cancel my spotify sub and sign up for Tidal at 20 a month.
I think they are still likely still on the table, but these brakes are the requirements for 200 mph. The Arachnids are likely rated for it. But for ultimate track performance, the ZeroGs will likely be available.