Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's terrible. I'm supposed to pick up in GA tomorrow and have a 454 VIN - hopefully it's not a batch issue but we'll see
Mine is MF4515XX picked up in Decatur on Nov 6
No such issues … yet

I’m a bit surprised @Milamber had a VIN before mine and picked up almost a month after. What was his car doing for an extra month?

Alpharetta/Roswell

I hope @doubleshot has a better experience than me.
Fingers crossed. We'll see if I get a push back again today. Supposed to arrive today
Never ever go to Alpharetta! Even the service folks (Marcus in Roswell, Ken/Gabriel in Decatur) will politely change the topic when Alpharetta comes up.
Hopefully not this one you're talking about ... I've picked up cars from here before and seemed to be good. One of the bigger locations from what I remember.
1400 Upper Hembree Rd, Roswell GA 30076-1148

Fingers crossed. We'll see if I get a push back again today. Supposed to arrive today

Hopefully not this one you're talking about ... I've picked up cars from here before and seemed to be good. One of the bigger locations from what I remember.
1400 Upper Hembree Rd, Roswell GA 30076-1148
Yep! That’s the one. It’s bigger but it’s not better!

If I ever need to take mine in, I’m only going to Decatur! If Ken or Gabriel ever leave, that’s going to be a sad day

Mine is MF4515XX picked up in Decatur on Nov 6
No such issues … yet

I’m a bit surprised @Milamber had a VIN before mine and picked up almost a month after. What was his car doing for an extra month?
Yeah I was thinking the same thing - he had a VIN for a while, but I got mine recently and was told its birthday was 11/4. I'm praying I'm in your "no issues...yet" camp lol

Never ever go to Alpharetta! Even the service folks (Marcus in Roswell, Ken/Gabriel in Decatur) will politely change the topic when Alpharetta comes up.

Email Gerran Grayer (first initial last name @ tesla dot com) - he’s the delivery manager in the larger ATL region
Uh oh - I wish I'd have known this before I set my appt up last week o_O I'll have to keep his contact info close

Yeah I was thinking the same thing - he had a VIN for a while, but I got mine recently and was told its birthday was 11/4. I'm praying I'm in your "no issues...yet" camp lol
You probably already know this, but I’ll say it anyways

1. Panel gaps are a Tesla feature, not a bug!
2. Paint issues are fixable after - a light polishing is all it takes and you don’t want Tesla to be doing it - get your ceramic guy to do it
3. Torque your wheels a 100 miles after and bed the brakes properly
4. Before you go home, go to a gas station and get your air filled to 42psi

Yep! That’s the one. It’s bigger but it’s not better!

If I ever need to take mine in, I’m only going to Decatur!
Arg. Between everyone at my company. There's been like 10 MY, 5 M3, 1 MS picked up from there. I will say the ones I've picked up there took like 3 hours because they had the paperwork wrong, now I'm worried lmao. Hopefully goes well. If not, it'll suck but I've waited this long already.

Also, little known fact. Tesla Finance partners only allow two loans. They don't check first. They just deny it after you pick up and then have to scramble (yes after you took delivery and no license plate shows up). Lol. We are just paying on our company line of credit now cash for the fleet ones because of that.

2. Paint issues are fixable after - a light polishing is all it takes and you don’t want Tesla to be doing it - get your ceramic guy to do it
Also forgot to mention - take your car to Gran Turismo East in Doraville / Chamblee and get your wheels balanced and alignment redone! Mine wasn’t right coming from the factory

Thanks for the tip on 3 and 4! I didn't know to do those

Email Gerran Grayer (first initial last name @ tesla dot com) - he’s the delivery manager in the larger ATL region
Not impressive at all...had to park around the back...1st thing I see...an older gent sitting on curb out front looking dejected AF.
Walked in and went left to show room (as instructed) no one there...place was dirty and dingy... had to walk over to service (another 4 old men sitting staring at phones) to get help.
quite pathetic- embarrassed really since my friend who dropped me off came in.

No they can’t do the brake bedding - google it.. it’s very simple
IF I ever heard of brake bedding, it went out of my head. I just looked it up, it was like a "aha" moment - like using the indentions on the sides of the tin foil box. I came for the Tesla delivery status, I stayed for the unexpected knowledge. THANK YOU!

So, during my daily post 9:15 a.m. check (as that is when I seem to see the most EDD changes) I noticed something new - it looks like a video or info about the keys. I don't remember seeing that before today.
It's located above the Model S Essentials

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211201-094348_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20211201-094348_Tesla.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 96