Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received the Vin # and deliver date of 12/5 - 12/11. Blue with white interior and 21's!! Ordered in October and my first Tesla, coming from a 2020 Cadillac CT6V!! Tesla Wall charger get's installed on Saturday so I am ready to go!!!

I think I have watched every Plaid video on YouTube for the last two months!!
Do you like the Cadillac?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Alpharetta/Roswell

I hope @doubleshot has a better experience than me.
Same here. Multiple paint issues and a scratched headlight that they just let stand before delivery to me. I spent a day marking them all up and left the car with them for correction. This is after they QC'd the car and told me delivery had to be delayed a week due to a wheel having damage. Not impressed so far. We will see how they do with the corrections.

Attachments

• 43FFB339-8642-4C29-B261-ECF2E22C2DE3.jpeg
    43FFB339-8642-4C29-B261-ECF2E22C2DE3.jpeg
    280.8 KB · Views: 74
  • DFB017C6-B05D-4588-9794-EF5BA727EC4B.jpeg
    DFB017C6-B05D-4588-9794-EF5BA727EC4B.jpeg
    245.8 KB · Views: 59
  • 1D93E573-08F6-403D-A356-5D0AAD9C3E50.jpeg
    1D93E573-08F6-403D-A356-5D0AAD9C3E50.jpeg
    249.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 18F3BD41-0480-4420-9A79-F2E3FE3B22F9.jpeg
    18F3BD41-0480-4420-9A79-F2E3FE3B22F9.jpeg
    537.9 KB · Views: 69
  • 2868AE20-9826-4554-94C3-73D544346356.jpeg
    2868AE20-9826-4554-94C3-73D544346356.jpeg
    379.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 0D85087C-F874-4CDD-9235-0FBE589BFDA7.jpeg
    0D85087C-F874-4CDD-9235-0FBE589BFDA7.jpeg
    410.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 2E47AF36-1E65-45B8-8B41-749250161068.jpeg
    2E47AF36-1E65-45B8-8B41-749250161068.jpeg
    489.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 4EE3816C-DE15-4EAA-B403-FAEDED16DA41.jpeg
    4EE3816C-DE15-4EAA-B403-FAEDED16DA41.jpeg
    512.5 KB · Views: 67
You probably already know this, but I’ll say it anyways

1. Panel gaps are a Tesla feature, not a bug!
2. Paint issues are fixable after - a light polishing is all it takes and you don’t want Tesla to be doing it - get your ceramic guy to do it
3. Torque your wheels a 100 miles after and bed the brakes properly
4. Before you go home, go to a gas station and get your air filled to 42psi
I thought the same thing on the paint but I have two scratches that are through the clear coat and down to the primer and one that is through the primer to the metal. The entire panel(s) (trunk and front) will need a respray. I'm getting the car PPF'd in Alpharetta at AP3. Looked really convenient based on the pickup location and drop off to AP3. Live and learn.....

I thought the same thing on the paint but I have two scratches that are through the clear coat and down to the primer and one that is through the primer to the metal. The entire panel(s) (trunk and front) will need a respray. I'm getting the car PPF'd in Alpharetta at AP3. Looked really convenient based on the pickup location and drop off to AP3. Live and learn.....
Make sure to let the PPF place know which panels are being repainted.

Not impressive at all...had to park around the back...1st thing I see...an older gent sitting on curb out front looking dejected AF.
Walked in and went left to show room (as instructed) no one there...place was dirty and dingy... had to walk over to service (another 4 old men sitting staring at phones) to get help.
quite pathetic- embarrassed really since my friend who dropped me off came in.
What day was this? I might be that old man..... 🤣

One of the problems, I think, that leads to seemingly haphazard assignment of VINs is logistics of shipment from factory to delivery center. I wonder how feasible this would be:
Tesla opens up option of factory delivery as a 'soft' delivery for out of state buyers. You accept the car at the factory, drive it to your state and take a final delivery from your local delivery center who collects the appropriate taxes and fees and registers the car. Of course this would still be more convenient for some than others. We would still be here but..
This is not an original idea. MB had European delivery when I ordered my MB 22 years ago. You picked up the car from the factory in Germany, drove around Europe and returned it to them at various sites around Europe for shipping to your dealership in the US. They probably still do it.

Last edited:
Tesla opens up option of factory delivery as a 'soft' delivery for out of state buyers. You accept the car at the factory, drive it to your state and take a final delivery from your local delivery center who corrects the appropriate taxes and fees and registers the car. Of course this would still be more convenient for some than others. We would still be here but..
Who is liable for damages while in transit? What if I wrap my car around a tree? How are taxes handled?

Not to rehash this topic, but I thought if you "took delivery" in California, you pay Cali taxes. And then it is state dependent if they recognizes those taxes paid in Cali.

Seems like more logistics / financial hurdles to figure out.

Same here. Multiple paint issues and a scratched headlight that they just let stand before delivery to me. I spent a day marking them all up and left the car with them for correction. This is after they QC'd the car and told me delivery had to be delayed a week due to a wheel having damage. Not impressed so far. We will see how they do with the corrections.
Best to not even let them try, As someone who has run a BMW and a Mercedes dealership, detail staff do not take pride in their work. I get that you paid stupid cash for the car and they "should" do it correctly, but they won't. Letting them, or encouraging them to fix something they didn't in the first place, will usually lead to more mistakes happening that cannot be reversed; Burning paint, removing too much clear coat

In my experience, detailed staff are undertrained, do not have the correct tools or time to do corrections properly. If the imperfections are below the clearcoat have the dealer repaint, if they are in the clear coat take it to a reputable shop for a paint correction.

Best to not even let them try, As someone who has run a BMW and a Mercedes dealership, detail staff do not take pride in their work. I get that you paid stupid cash for the car and they "should" do it correctly, but they won't.

In my experience, detailed staff are undertrained, do not have the correct tools or time to do corrections properly. If the imperfections are below the clearcoat have the dealer repaint, if they are in the clear coat take it to a reputable shop for a paint correction.
They took it to to a paint shop in Roswell for correction and respray. Credit to the Service lead at Tesla as he basically said the same thing you did and said he would send it out for corrections....

Gotta love the "location" feature on the app....

Apologies for putting this in here. It is somewhat related to delivery so I hope it's somewhat appropriate.

As stated yesterday, I have a VIN for my Model S with date of 12/1 - 12/10 and when I go to the app it says I should complete payment. I'm leaning towards doing the ACH via the app, however when I select add payment method in the app and select my bank via the Plaid service, it says communications error and to select another bank. Sorry, I only have one bank and for some reason Plaid can't talk to it.

Is there any way to contact tesla reliably? I'm happy to give them a routing number/account number. I see people talking about an SA. I've never spoken to anyone at Tesla, or gotten an email from them, or a text from them.
Tesla won’t take your banking information. You can wire Tesla, or simply take a certified check to delivery day.

I was inside my EDD 5 times and would always get bummed back a few weeks. Nothing happens until the spread becomes 6 days and I got a vin that day.

Car is at PPF for the rest of the week .. I had it for a couple of hours.
Patience is a virtue, definitely. The stamina needed for the full Tesla experience (EDD and QC) seems to be on a different level… 😆
😆

Last edited:
I’ve got my delivery set for this Friday, and have set up all my final payment info via plaid, but have not hit submit yet. I’ve emailed my SC to confirm they’re ok with it, but have any of you waited to submit the ACH plaid payment at delivery and not prior like Tesla is asking?
I didn't pay for my MYP until i inspected it and decided to accept it and I strongly encourage you to do the same. Plaid takes about 90 seconds to register and for the car to switch over to your account once you hit pay from my 1 data point.