Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know of any good seat covers that work with the air conditioned seats? I'm worried about my white interior.

Attachments

• 20211201_154522.jpg
    20211201_154522.jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Does anyone know of any good seat covers that work with the air conditioned seats? I'm worried about my white interior.
You would probably have to look for something that is cloth to get the ventilated functionality back from the seats. And at that point, the cloth is only going to partially protect your seats. I think most of those seat protectors have a water proof material or similar to obviously help protect your seats.

Honestly though, the white seats are pretty damn durable. Denim dye will transfer over time and will transfer faster if you had the denim is wet (think rainy days). Add in pets and or kids, they obviously take a toll on anything. But non-alcoholic baby wipes are your saving grace. Some people suggest Mr Clean magic erasers, but I think those are too abrasive on the vegan leather.

Here's a question I never quite fully understood the answer to.
I BELIEVE with electric, gunning the "gas" won't have the same impact to "mileage" as with gas.
I'm happy to be corrected or educated.
I know as we go faster, we'll have more wind resistance. got it.
but in accelerating, i don't know going from 0-60 "gently" or rapidly would have a bigger affect on the overall wattage used.
With an ICE, I imagine the inefficiencies with a jack rabbit start would be high rpm (more gas burned) and then inefficiencies with shifting.
with the electric, whether accelerating for 3 seconds or 5 seconds, wouldn't it need the same amount of energy if rapid versus gentle, other than having more wind resistance sooner? (I'm assuming we're not chirping the tires and not wasting energy with traction control).

with other efficiency questions, it was my belief AC used less power than having open windows when going at speed (not to mention more comfortable, quieter, etc.)
I imagine same with the S, slow windows might be fine, but cruising, unless you want wind in your face, A/C would decrease wind resistance and get you better mileage.
Lastly, I have read to bolster range in cooler weather, try to keep the heat lower, and the seat warmers higher.

does all of this sound about right?
thanks!
I was surprised on my P90DL that I could leave lights very agressively (short of launching) with little to no impact on my w-hr/mile provided I always used regenerative braking. However, doing so with the Plaid carries about a 25 w-hr/mile penalty based on a sixty mile round trip daily commute. I found this an interesting difference between the two (Inductive versus PM motors).

Happy to hear that. How long did through your inspection until you told everyone you were an engineer? 😅
🤣
Yep, kicked that “bastard” to the curb, you rightfully did!
@WilliamG
It was close for me to reject just due to the hassle, rescheduling PPF, and one more trip to Atlanta but the interior was perfect. I did a very similar dance on my model 3 in June (not near as many paint corrections though). That went very well. The devil you know…..

Tesla called and confirmed my delivery appt for Friday. Car is there. Said they have to do a firmware update tomorrow on it. Hopefully she's in good shape. Friday at noon ...

Longest ... Week ... Ever ha

@MFrunkerOG hopefully it's a good experience now you have me all worried ha.

Post quota before delivery. 4 posts left. 1000th post is being saved for delivery day photos.

I thought Porsche made better cars, but I'd rather deal with corrective paint issues than my car starting on fire. Allegedly

Last edited:
You would probably have to look for something that is cloth to get the ventilated functionality back from the seats. And at that point, the cloth is only going to partially protect your seats. I think most of those seat protectors have a water proof material or similar to obviously help protect your seats.

Honestly though, the white seats are pretty damn durable. Denim dye will transfer over time and will transfer faster if you had the denim is wet (think rainy days). Add in pets and or kids, they obviously take a toll on anything. But non-alcoholic baby wipes are your saving grace. Some people suggest Mr Clean magic erasers, but I think those are too abrasive on the vegan leather.
Baby wipes are great.
There was an article from a car magazine that said their model y's white interior was showing wear and tear at 3 months. Can anyone who's had their model s for awhile chime in? I figured they'd be made of pretty much the same stuff.

I thought Porsche made better cars, but I'd rather deal with corrective paint issues than my car starting on fire.

I guess if those are my two choices...

Well, it is that time (and it’s dark)…. Have at it, you two!
Baby wipes are great.
There was an article from a car magazine that said their model y's white interior was showing wear and tear at 3 months. Can anyone who's had their model s for awhile chime in? I figured they'd be made of pretty much the same stuff.
5 months in and cream seats are showing no wear or coloring from my jeans.

I’ve also been seeing videos comparing cleaners and baby wipes, and dawn dish soap in water sprayed on seems as good.

My ETA for the MS is Jan 15-Feb 12th now. I might cancel if Witcher 3 isn’t available by then.

Tesla of Orlando really needs to work on the customer lounge. It did not pass my inspection. Really sad! Not at all like the Porsche dealership.
View attachment 739573View attachment 739574
Even the cabinet doors in the dealership don’t align!