Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its been the case sometimes with me. Not sure why. I do not have 100% reliability.
I had 100% reliability, and then I left town for 6 days, left my tesla parked at the airport, came back and no dice. It hasn't worked once since. My battery dropped to 25% or something in that time so I initially thought it was a low battery functionality drop but it's full now and still won't open for me :( I'm about to start carrying the fob with me

What’s your EDD on the whistle? Don’t forget to check the panel gaps.
Looks like my EDD for the Cyberwhistle is 12/7 @uthatcher! I may actually be one of the first people to get one. :D

Screenshot_20211201-203051_Gmail.jpg

Tesla called and confirmed my delivery appt for Friday. Car is there. Said they have to do a firmware update tomorrow on it. Hopefully she's in good shape. Friday at noon ...

Longest ... Week ... Ever ha

@MFrunkerOG hopefully it's a good experience now you have me all worried ha.

Post quota before delivery. 4 posts left. 1000th post is being saved for delivery day photos.
Nothing to worry about :)

Depends on what you're wearing. 😆

I may be around, I'm not certain. I just recently moved and there's nothing quite like it for disrupting what was a perfectly peaceful life.
Oh you don't have to worry! I'll be wearing.......khakis!.........(hope you get that commercial reference).
Oh I understand! Well I'll summon you around that time.

Reactions: uthatcher
I thought Porsche made better cars, but I'd rather deal with corrective paint issues than my car starting on fire. Allegedly
That article is completely made up, by the way. Pretty embarrassing but that’s Teslarati for you.

That article is completely made up, by the way. Pretty embarrassing but that’s Teslarati for you.
I wouldn't sweep Teslarati into that generalization. Especially Alex Voigt. He seems to have a lot of well-informed sources in Germany. If you read his author's note at the bottom, he makes it quite clear that he tries to be as accurate as possible. Like all reporters though, their sources can't always be 100% accurate. Apparently only one of his sources said this, so that's why I doubt it especially. God I hope it really is incorrect, as VW AG does have a history of screwing around like this, and this would once again tarnish their reputation.

Reactions: Bull
I wouldn't sweep Teslarati into that generalization. Especially Alex Voigt. He seems to have a lot of well-informed sources in Germany. If you read his author's note at the bottom, he makes it quite clear that he tries to be as accurate as possible. Like all reporters though, their sources can't always be 100% accurate. Apparently only one of his sources said this, so that's why I doubt it especially. God I hope it really is incorrect, as VW AG does have a history of screwing around like this, and this would once again tarnish their reputation.
I’m sorry but no. He completely made that article up. It’s referenced in how he has taken the warranty and re-worded it to suit his agenda. It’s not the first time he’s bagged on the Taycan, either.

I was so angry he made this article up I even registered on the Taycan forums to post proof of his objective twisting of facts. Feel free to read my post here:

Bizarre 'whistleblower' claims “60% of all delivered Taycan have battery issues that caused replacements, damages and fires”

Not only that, when I asked about his source for the warranty nonsense, he replied in the comments section that it was really hard to find, but posted me the German language version because it was so hard to find… Dude. It’s right there on Porsche’s UK site, and you twisted the definition. I have friends with Taycans, and they know as I know this is made up crap.

Emissions deceit comes to mind… VW diesel, anyone?