Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had my Plaid to maximum velocity. The rate at which the car reaches it makes me have zero doubts about whether it would hit 200 MPH, and I do I understand the difficulty of achieving that speed exponentially increases as speed increases.

Also, there was zero stability issues. As in zero. Although I admit I take certain risks, I am also very cautious and would immediately bail on any high speed run if the car felt any bit unstable. If the Plaid was capable of 200 I would incrementally work my way up to it at one of the half-mile or mile events.
Don't know where you do your runs, but I have access to a few airports in SoCal. For 200 mph though, El Mirage dry lake is best, but not may be dry tommorow.

I really hope you are right, because we don't need another thing like the ludicrous power limiting to debate here.

"Plaidg***"

100 mile daily commute in addition to regular daily driving and trips adds up.
Given that seat time, would you please comment on your general level of comfort now that the honeymoon has worn off? Seat comfort, ride comfort? In the absolute and relative to other high end cars you've owned. I loved by BMW 750. Was always super comfortable on long trips and agile as a daily driver. I do not love my wife's X. Seats a tad narrow for my large frame... The test-sits I've done in Plaids cause me to be hopeful as the seats appear super comfortable relative to the pre-refresh X we have and other pre-refresh S's I've had as loaners.

Don't know where you do your runs, but I have access to a few airports in SoCal. For 200 mph though, El Mirage dry lake is best, but not may be dry tommorow.

I really hope you are right, because we don't need another thing like the ludicrous power limiting to debate here.

"Plaidg***"
I've just done a few Omega events in Gila Bend and Coalinga. I haven't with the Plaid because I don't feel like sitting at 163 mph for almost a 1/4 mile and watching cars pass me that I just creamed up until that point. 😆

Given that seat time, would you please comment on your general level of comfort now that the honeymoon has worn off? Seat comfort, ride comfort? In the absolute and relative to other high end cars you've owned. I loved by BMW 750. Was always super comfortable on long trips and agile as a daily driver. I do not love my wife's X. Seats a tad narrow for my large frame... The test-sits I've done in Plaids cause me to be hopeful as the seats appear super comfortable relative to the pre-refresh X we have and other pre-refresh S's I've had as loaners.
I find the seats in the re-fresh's to be greatly improved over pre-refresh. There's currently a Y in our household too, which I find those seats to be be better than the pre-refresh S. But the refresh being the best by a margin.

Overall comfort, I really like it. As far as comparable cars the most recent years would include a 2018 E63, a '15 S63, a 2020 G550, 2 full size Range Rovers, and a bunch of sports cars in all that. But I won't count them since they are generally less comfortable than the vehicles I just mentioned.

To me, the Model S is more comfortable than all of the cars I listed, although not as fancy and not as high level of fit and finish. I believe the pre-refresh is more comfortable and then the refresh created a bigger margin compared to the last one. One big aspect of this for me is the quietness of Tesla's in general. I'm noise sensitive in general and I find the inherent quietness very effective in raising comfort and minimizing fatigue.

The overall comfort of seats, materials, positioning of arm rests, and feel of the touch points is very, very good. This is all very subjective though, so I don't know how anyone else would feel. They all work very, very well for me. Makes me wonder if I'm a similar build to Elon, LOL.

One huge comfort aspect to me is AP (I have FSD but it's not a factor here). I have sciatica issues and AP allows me to me my legs around and not be stationary for too long. I can drive my S for weeks and not aggravate it. Drive my Bronco (or any other non-AP car) for a few days and I'm in pain. This alone will keep me in a Tesla until other companies further their autonomous driving, particularly with the amount of miles I'm currently traveling.

And then the yoke. I find it to be very comfortable, I like the feel and the materials, although I know there has been some wear issues for some. I do not have them. I like how it opens up the dashboard. I find these add to the overall comfort of the vehicle. I still hate the horn and mostly dislike the turn signals, but I've adjusted to them and they are mostly a non-issue.

Also, I may be crazy here, but I've had good experiences with Tesla's compared to the cars I listed above when considering quality. My S63 was in the shop for a month with the motor out replacing the turbo's (at the exact same time my 991 Turbo had a rod through the case (now that's animal @lolachampcar o_O )), the RR's were electronic cesspools, and the G550 was just plain noisy (wind noise). The E63 was fine.

All of this to say, I've had some nice vehicles, I'm fortunate enough to be able to drive pretty much what I prefer, and I'm sticking with Tesla for the foreseeable future.

Anyone else notice there is a flood of Plaid inventory out there now? In my area alone, there are 15. Even cars with white interiors. Some are listed as 2021s, and others are 2022s (the majority). I'm surprised there are still so many here waiting for a Plaid VIN. Perhaps "self-help" is an order? Find the car in inventory, then have your SA match your order to it. Just sharing a holiday thought!

I would certainly hope so. As a TSLA shareholder, you are saying all the right words to me lol. Optimize, optimize!
That strip is cheesy, anyway. :eek: Held on with only tape, and SC employees hate it as it breaks every time they need to remove one to do other work! And, of course, they are usually out of stock on this part number (for that reason). Heard this directly from a SC manager.

That strip is cheesy, anyway. :eek: Held on with only tape, and SC employees hate it as it breaks every time they need to remove one to do other work! And, of course, they are usually out of stock on this part number (for that reason). Heard this directly from a SC manager.
Man I didn't even know that! I always thought it made the car look a little dated. So great to 2 problems being tackled at once!😀

Reactions: impastu
Three - increases SC capacity (no time spend F'ing with this strip) and SC profitability!
More! Give me more of these wonderful words!!!🤩😅

simpsons-dreamy.gif