Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 has had a wood interior since its debut. Wood is no longer a "sustainable choice". See: new BMW interiors, etc.
I disagree. Wood is one of the most easily renewable and sustained resources on the planet. Google AI agrees with me.

1000032522.jpg

I took delivery of my Plaid in February, have 6k miles on it now, multiple trips. Normal steering wheel and 19s. I set the tires at 38 psi, and went to full sport and second from soft in manual settings. I felt like at 45 psi and Tesla settings the ride was too harsh and the feeling was floaty over road bumps and other ups and downs of the road while driving. It seems like these suspension settings yield the best ride but not the floaty feeling of Tesla settings. I would not get the 21s for this reason, ride would be too rough.

I love the car, trips are a breeze with trip planner, and extra 5-10 minutes maybe compared to stops for gas, bathroom, snack etc, really no inconvenience. FSD trial was ok, I would try it for a month to see if you like it. In FSD you can't look at your phone or take you hand off the wheel, I think that safety feature should be standard, its a good thing, but it's not really FSD, you have to be more attentive than if not using it.

The car corners like a 4700 pound go Kart, its on rails, the center of gravity is low, that is why so much weight can get around a corner without tipping over. The acceleration is unreal, walks away from anything, right there, right now. I have had a number of HP cars, spent 100s of days on race tracks, nothing like a plaid.

Anyway, love the car, its been great, charge at home to 55% unless on a trip to lessen battery degradation. My surfboard fits with the rear seat down too, all around utility rocket ship vehicle for me.

I took delivery of my Plaid in February, have 6k miles on it now, multiple trips. Normal steering wheel and 19s. I set the tires at 38 psi, and went to full sport and second from soft in manual settings. I felt like at 45 psi and Tesla settings the ride was too harsh and the feeling was floaty over road bumps and other ups and downs of the road while driving. It seems like these suspension settings yield the best ride but not the floaty feeling of Tesla settings. I would not get the 21s for this reason, ride would be too rough.

I love the car, trips are a breeze with trip planner, and extra 5-10 minutes maybe compared to stops for gas, bathroom, snack etc, really no inconvenience. FSD trial was ok, I would try it for a month to see if you like it. In FSD you can't look at your phone or take you hand off the wheel, I think that safety feature should be standard, its a good thing, but it's not really FSD, you have to be more attentive than if not using it.

The car corners like a 4700 pound go Kart, its on rails, the center of gravity is low, that is why so much weight can get around a corner without tipping over. The acceleration is unreal, walks away from anything, right there, right now. I have had a number of HP cars, spent 100s of days on race tracks, nothing like a plaid.

Anyway, love the car, its been great, charge at home to 55% unless on a trip to lessen battery degradation. My surfboard fits with the rear seat down too, all around utility rocket ship vehicle for me.

You mention the ride is harsh and floaty at the same time. How can they be both?

Ordered May 30th
VIN assigned: June 18
Est Delivery: June 20-27
Lunar Silver MS with Black/Ebony interior
19" wheel/Steering wheel
Planning to take delivery in Fremont CA

What is the typical delivery period after VIN assignment ?
Delivery scheduled for June 23. Got a message again that I can pick it up earlier on June 22. Went to take a look at it in the Fremont CA delivery lot.
Do the panel gaps and alignment look normal for a typical MS (this is my first Tesla) ?

All photos taken around 5PM in blazing 91 degree CA sun.
IMG_5211 Large.jpeg
IMG_5215 Large.jpeg
IMG_5216 Large.jpeg
IMG_5217 Large.jpeg
IMG_5218 Large.jpeg
IMG_5219 Large.jpeg
IMG_5220 Large.jpeg
IMG_5214 Large.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5213 Large.jpeg
    IMG_5213 Large.jpeg
    328.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5212 Large.jpeg
    IMG_5212 Large.jpeg
    235.8 KB · Views: 9
Delivery scheduled for June 23. Got a message again that I can pick it up earlier on June 22. Went to take a look at it in the Fremont CA delivery lot.
Do the panel gaps and alignment look normal for a typical MS (this is my first Tesla) ?

All photos taken around 5PM in blazing 91 degree CA sun.View attachment 1059076View attachment 1059080View attachment 1059081View attachment 1059082View attachment 1059083View attachment 1059084View attachment 1059085View attachment 1059079
Looks great. Do like that color.