Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just ordered some of these… Model S Mud Flaps

Had bought the generic ones @jebinc had suggested off of Amazon, but never got around to installing them. Hopefully the Tesla ones require less drilling haha.
I was looking at these. Like its compatibility (well it should be compatible as a 1p offering…)! Do you know if this impacts anything (I.e. range) other than look?

Last edited:
I think I'm going to gain so much more than I'm losing going to the S, but I will miss:
1) soft close doors
2) head up display
3) night view display
4) err, turn signals?
5) Massage seats, that can also heat and cool at the same time.
6) rear side window shades, and rear window shades
7) ionizer/atomizer
I will NOT miss saying hi to the gas station guys!
I plan to "get"
1) insane performance
2) more tech than I can shake a stick at
3) features and goodies I only have read about
4) convenience (charging at home)
5) comfort of a preconditioned car going to work or home
I do love remote starting my ICE (when it works), and I am nervous that my wife will start hers in the garage. So, myriad carbon monoxide detectors, of course!
This is a 85% accurate description of how I feel. I’ll miss some stuff and excited for stuff.

So what happened after this event was cancelled? Anything got announced locally in Taiwan? It seems that there was no new news from any venue on this topic after the cancellation of this event?
Was wondering what happened, we got so close to seeing the full car. So odd tesla would drive the car in, and not display it? The event and invites outlined X and S. Something happened, images leaking just doesn't make any sense to me.

Had bought the generic ones @jebinc had suggested off of Amazon, but never got around to installing them. Hopefully the Tesla ones require less drilling haha.
Those Tesla flaps look pretty easy to install. I'll definitely get those when/if I ever get my Model S!

I’m not sure what the big issue is with new and presumably better head and tail lights. You can take delivery of your car, update it with Tesla retrofitted units or even better after market units. Just get the dang car and tweak it the way you want. Having the
I’m the same boat , not sure what to do
Ditto but I’m jan15-feb 13 hopefully will slip into feb seeing seeing no vin at this point

ORDERED! I will keep my home grown rears and will use these for the fronts! Thanks for the heads, @DukeofURL!

Last edited:
I think I'm going to gain so much more than I'm losing going to the S, but I will miss:
1) soft close doors
2) head up display
3) night view display
4) err, turn signals?
5) Massage seats, that can also heat and cool at the same time.
6) rear side window shades, and rear window shades
7) ionizer/atomizer
I will NOT miss saying hi to the gas station guys!
I plan to "get"
1) insane performance
2) more tech than I can shake a stick at
3) features and goodies I only have read about
4) convenience (charging at home)
5) comfort of a preconditioned car going to work or home
I do love remote starting my ICE (when it works), and I am nervous that my wife will start hers in the garage. So, myriad carbon monoxide detectors, of course!

Fair enough, those things are nice in the S 560.

But I won't miss the 47 switches and buttons in just the front seats.

And when I say navigate to to home, it will navigate to Home, not Effing Nome Alaska!

The 2016-2022 Model S headlights are all poor. You must not have ever noticed it or just been ok with their performance.
They're not unusable by any means, they're just poor relative to other vehicles, even much cheaper ones.
Are you a little grumpy because your Vikings didn’t make the playoffs? Well, my Broncos were just as bad. Maybe next year we will have better teams and even better headlights. 🙏

Fair enough, those things are nice in the S 560.

But I won't miss the 47 switches and buttons in just the front seats.

And when I say navigate to to home, it will navigate to Home, not Effing Nome Alaska!
I will never understand the argument that having physical buttons is a bad thing. I frequently get annoyed by having everything on a screen and often buried in submenus. The v11 release also proved that even functionality you get used to on the screen can get moved overnight forcing you to relearn otherwise simple functions. I get the idea of liking a minimal look but I personally miss having physical buttons for things like climate control. Once you get used to the position of said buttons they become second nature and thus a very quick adjustment.

Yeah the earnings call will be interesting for sure. I hope at least.

I hope TX opens and ramps up soon. I mean of course it will, it’ll just be fun to see and follow.

Hopefully it isn't like the one on that fateful day nearly a year ago where they announced all these cool new things and then 1) removed half the features secretly and 2) didn't deliver until 6+ months later. 😂