Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The fact that Tesla canceled the appointment verifies that an appointment existed to begin with. I assume you called to set this up. How did they contact you to cancel? Text? Nothing more stressful than trying to communicate issues found in the first 24 hours on a day the customer is supposed to enjoy..
I set the appt up with the app within 24 hours after pickup (for almost a month out/ first available). Since my PPF guy who I dropped the car at within a week after delivery said the mostly cosmetic issues I found after inspecting the car over 2 hours during pickup were actually not issues from his perspective, I just enjoyed the car.

Someone from Tesla service left a vm a few days before my appt asking me to call back, I called back and left a message which didn't get a reply for a while (days) but my appt. disappeared from the app. right away. After exchanging messages with Tesla, I finally got a message saying they cancelled my appt because they wouldn't be able complete some of the items. It would have been nice to get that message before my appt disappeared from my app but I was enjoying the new car so much, I didn't really care and I know the Service Centers are really busy.

There are growing pains from such incredible growth. Their service centers need time (they won't get) to catch up to the number of cars they keep delivering. Again, I got lucky (knock on wood), that my issues were so minor (or my just going a bit crazy during the inspection). Good luck to all who have more serious issues.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
looks great, though i'm biased. would you mind sharing a photo or two of the inflatable mattress and what that looks like with the seats down? thanks so much and enjoy!
looks great, though i'm biased. would you mind sharing a photo or two of the inflatable mattress and what that looks like with the seats down? thanks so much and enjoy!
As soon as I get home!

I suspect ePlaid is spending more time in other more active threads these days. This one may have run it’s course for chat room chatter. A delivery/RN/EDD post here and there - a thread back to it’s roots?
Yeah some other threads and a lot on Twitter for the most part. I'm still very much a part of this thread though; it's just that it's really slow right now. Hopefully the new lights show up this month!

Last edited:
Reactions: nebusoft and jebinc
Congrats! I’ll be picking up my Plaid from the Oakville service centre as well…but not until later this month (hopefully). If you’re in the Milton area and want someone to gush and swoon over the car with you, drop me a line, ha ha. :)
Wouldn't be until the summer, I know there is another member here who is in Hamilton who just got his too. I'm in Niagara on the Lake, Feel free to pm me if you want to stop in and check it out.

Yeah some other threads and Twitter for the most part. I'm still very much a part of this thread though; it's just that it's really slow right now. Hopefully the new lights show up this month!
It's times like this where we must all band together and get this thread thoroughly back off topic. We shall not let people who post about their Model S Delivery Updates run roughshod over us! We cannot lose faith in our unified beliefs that the yoke will kill everyone that gets near it, FSD will never, EVER exist and is a scam, the Monkey controls our deliveries, and, of course, that Tesla hates its customers. (With the occasional gush-fest thrown in)

It's our core values on this thread and who we are as a community! Let us unit and discuss SpaceX or the Cybertruck, or Grimes, or rear window distortion, or Giga Berlin, or the Fremont overflow lot, or anything! Anything other than a Model S delivery! We can do it!

It's times like this where we must all band together and get this thread thoroughly back off topic. We shall not let people who post about their Model S Delivery Updates run roughshod over us! We cannot lose faith in our unified beliefs that the yoke will kill everyone that gets near it, FSD will never, EVER exist and is a scam, the Monkey controls our deliveries, and, of course, that Tesla hates its customers. (With the occasional gush-fest thrown in)

It's our core values on this thread and who we are as a community! Let us unit and discuss SpaceX or the Cybertruck, or Grimes, or rear window distortion, or Giga Berlin, or the Fremont overflow lot, or anything! Anything other than a Model S delivery! We can do it!
🤣

Hi,

New to this forum and EVs. I just placed a Model S Plaid order. Website shows 4-8 weeks. They said if they find one exactly like mine near me they will let me know. My question is: How realistic is that 4-8 weeks? I am just trying to plan out when to sell my current vehicle. Thanks!

Hi,

New to this forum and EVs. I just placed a Model S Plaid order. Website shows 4-8 weeks. They said if they find one exactly like mine near me they will let me know. My question is: How realistic is that 4-8 weeks? I am just trying to plan out when to sell my current vehicle. Thanks!
Back in the days of the Plaid launch in June 2021, the dates were extremely unreliable. However, since then Tesla has caught up with the Plaid demand, and so those dates are likely more accurate. However, until you have a VIN, I would still take it with a moderate dose of skepticism. :)

EDD holding strong at feb 4-March 4.
Definitely delaying it, no way am I missing out on new headlights and charge port.
I have the exact EDD and want to wait for the lights too. How do you plan to delay it? I did that on the Y for over a year (basically by not paying on the website) and then finally picked it up last Oct. I don’t know if Tesla will let us delay these days.

Back in the days of the Plaid launch in June 2021, the dates were extremely unreliable. However, since then Tesla has caught up with the Plaid demand, and so those dates are likely more accurate. However, until you have a VIN, I would still take it with a moderate dose of skepticism. :)
I’m thinking as springtime comes the demand will increase again and the wait times will increase again and maybe become less accurate. Already there’s no S’s available in the LA area.

I hope Tesla learns and gets more accurate for customer satisfaction, but I won’t be surprised if things get a little wonky again.

This is as close as I can get to commenting on Model S Delivery. I need to get back off topic please.

I’m thinking as springtime comes the demand will increase again and the wait times will increase again and maybe become less accurate. Already there’s no S’s available in the LA area.

I hope Tesla learns and gets more accurate for customer satisfaction, but I won’t be surprised if things get a little wonky again.

This is as close as I can get to commenting on Model S Delivery. I need to get back off topic please.
Yeah it can happen, especially if the new lights are noticeable. However, I wouldn't think it would go too crazy again, but we'll have to see!

Yeah it can happen, especially if the new lights are noticeable. However, I wouldn't think it would go too crazy again, but we'll have to see!
Yeah it’ll be interesting to see how it unfolds. I’m thinking/hoping there’s the real possibility that the Tesla backlog balloons in the coming weeks.

The only available new Tesla with 200 miles of LA is a red long range 3. That’s pretty incredible.

Yeah it’ll be interesting to see how it unfolds. I’m thinking/hoping there’s the real possibility that the Tesla backlog balloons in the coming weeks.

The only available new Tesla with 200 miles of LA is a red long range 3. That’s pretty incredible.
Haha more than it already is? Possibly. I think it will be relatively stable until stage 1 of Austin starts to reach full ramp. That'll likely be sometime in the spring of '23 when it achieves that run rate. Then they'll be able to meet demand way better.

Reactions: uthatcher
Haha more than it already is? Possibly. I think it will be relatively stable until stage 1 of Austin starts to reach full ramp. That'll likely be sometime in the spring of '23 when it achieves that run rate. Then they'll be able to meet demand way better.
Well I already have my car, so yeah, I want a backlog so it retains its value! I’m purely selfishly motivated here!!

Well I already have my car, so yeah, I want a backlog so it retains its value! I’m purely selfishly motivated here!!
Well whenever they shut Fremont down to add the new paint shop and more (likely when stage 2 of Austin gets close to ramping fully), then the backlog will swell again. This will likely be sometime at the end of '23 or H1 '24.

Reactions: uthatcher
Well whenever they shut Fremont down to add the new paint shop and more (likely when stage 2 of Austin gets close to ramping fully), then the backlog will swell again. This will likely be sometime at the end of '23 or H1 '24.
Ok cool. My car would have 100,000 miles by then, but still, very good. 😆

I actually kind of doubt TX will catch up Tesla demand. It may fuel more actually. I think they lose a lot of sales by having such slow availability. I know a person right now that has a Y ordered and just this weekend began looking at Wranglers.

Nice gushing, BTW. Great to have you back. 😁