Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So umm... anyone got one of them time machines that take you 1 week forward? Currently resisting the urge to call them and ask why they haven't texted me with a pick up window. Someone else with a window after mine in the same area has already gotten his scheduled...
Heck, I don't even "officially" have my VIN yet - still just in the source code, and my SA called me first thing that morning to set up a delivery date. I'm set for the 19th of Feb tentatively, with the expectation it will come earlier and we will reschedule. He said it was just to avoid the annoying texts to schedule delivery.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Ive never heard of them using Short Pump as a delivery/pickup spot? It's always been at the SC or at the little former gas station/satellite lot directly across from the SC. They must be expecting a YUGE delivery coming in within the next week or so.
I guess it's actually Glen Allen, VA - not Short Pump.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 2.33.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 2.33.56 PM.png
    146.1 KB · Views: 64
Heck, I don't even "officially" have my VIN yet - still just in the source code, and my SA called me first thing that morning to set up a delivery date. I'm set for the 19th of Feb tentatively, with the expectation it will come earlier and we will reschedule. He said it was just to avoid the annoying texts to schedule delivery.

How does one find their VIN in the source code?

So after my NF465 VIN popped up about a week ago my EDD disappeared. According the the SA earlier this morning, the car hadn't left the factory.

However, in the last few hours it seems to have reappeared, now with a 5 day window (2/14-2/18). Anyone else experience something similar? I get the feeling these dates are now about right... (I want to believe!)

I'm sure this has been said before but for those taking delivery now or soon, make sure to schedule your inspection for any issues ASAP (within 24 hours).

I scheduled my appointment for a bunch of minor things that Tesla cancelled on its own and everything was so minor, I didn't bother to reschedule. I have an airbag recall so went ahead and threw in the one or two things that bothered me including adhesive leaking out from the front door insulation that pulls it a little every time the door opens (along with a picture) and Tesla sent me an estimate for $243 to fix this describing it as "Interior Trim - Front Drivers and Passenger Side Door Insulation Leaking".

Even though there is no actual leak, I would think this issue would be a defect that they would fix under warranty (not a wear and tear item) and certainly not a wear and tear item after 4 months (even though it was there from the beginning). It's pretty annoying to get an estimate to fix a defect on a new car but I guess that's Tesla (and I have been saying how lucky I have been).

Now to start the process of getting Tesla to fix this under warranty or as a defect and to try to get them to find my original service request appointment (which they cancelled on me without explanation but as noted elsewhere, I decided to let go because after a few days, the little things I combed over the car to find at delivery weren't a big deal/ though it appears at least one of them is a $243 deal).

Even though there is no actual leak, I would think this issue would be a defect that they would fix under warranty (not a wear and tear item) and certainly not a wear and tear item after 4 months (even though it was there from the beginning). It's pretty annoying to get an estimate to fix a defect on a new car but I guess that's Tesla (and I have been saying how lucky I have been).
It is their standard service operation to issue out an estimate for repairs, even for blatant warranty work. If you do not sign it, your appointment will still go forward. But if you sign it ahead of time, there is a chance they deem it not warranty and just move forward with the work and charge you.

It is their standard service operation to issue out an estimate for repairs, even for blatant warranty work. If you do not sign it, your appointment will still go forward. But if you sign it ahead of time, there is a chance they deem it not warranty and just move forward with the work and charge you.
@Rocketfan30 , I had the same initial concern with a cost estimate for a few items I believed were warranty that I included with my airbag recall. It ended up all being within warranty and everything fixed at no cost to me. Hoping for the same for you.

I'm sure this has been said before but for those taking delivery now or soon, make sure to schedule your inspection for any issues ASAP (within 24 hours).

I scheduled my appointment for a bunch of minor things that Tesla cancelled on its own and everything was so minor, I didn't bother to reschedule. I have an airbag recall so went ahead and threw in the one or two things that bothered me including adhesive leaking out from the front door insulation that pulls it a little every time the door opens (along with a picture) and Tesla sent me an estimate for $243 to fix this describing it as "Interior Trim - Front Drivers and Passenger Side Door Insulation Leaking".

Now to start the process of getting Tesla to fix this under warranty or as a defect and to try to get them to find my original service request appointment (which they cancelled on me without explanation but as noted elsewhere, I decided to let go because after a few days, the little things I combed over the car to find at delivery weren't a big deal/ though it appears at least one of them is a $243 deal).
The fact that Tesla canceled the appointment verifies that an appointment existed to begin with. I assume you called to set this up. How did they contact you to cancel? Text? Nothing more stressful than trying to communicate issues found in the first 24 hours on a day the customer is supposed to enjoy..

How do I add a trade-in to my order? I didn't initially indicate that I would have a trade. Which number should I call? I didn't see a way to add it after logging into my Tesla account.

Thank you!
Go to tesla.com and click on trade-in. There should be a chat box that you can talk with a tesla employee and they can do it for you. They will just need your RN number.