Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I

I thought the order agreement was considered signed at delivery. It does not say that. Stupid me, ordered 5 months ago.
Exactly! Makes one wonder, if there is no VIN until an actual car is "born" until just before you sign and agree to pay, then the 30 days starts from then... Tesla's agreement instructions nullify the agreement even before it it's agreed to!..🤣

Just got a vin. Was hoping not to get one due to this tail light drama . I have an extra car so I m not in a hurry. Will probably push the delivery to get the new lights. Vin is NF470, not sure what that means 😜
With me it's not so much a thing with the tail lights, it's the headlights. While the current lights might be fine it would be nice to have the newest technology...... Hey, I just thought of something. What if we all already have these lights and Tesla just needs to "turn them on" with an update!! Just kidding😜

With me it's not so much a thing with the tail lights, it's the headlights. While the current lights might be fine it would be nice to have the newest technology...... Hey, I just thought of something. What if we all already have these lights and Tesla just needs to "turn them on" with an update!! Just kidding😜
If it’s really “two weeks” then no problem waiting. If I already got the car before this light drama ; I won’t care.

1644076489433.png
STANDARD HEADLIGHTS..

Me too. It's the headlights that matters. I actually like the old tail light look - the bar is what distinguishes S from the 3, Y.

I know so far the M3 and MY P have the matrix headlights, and correct me if I am wrong here, but do MS and MY LR share the same headlights? If so seems like MY LR owners don't complain about their headlights nearly as much as S owners...

Me too. It's the headlights that matters. I actually like the old tail light look - the bar is what distinguishes S from the 3, Y.

I know so far the M3 and MY P have the matrix headlights, and correct me if I am wrong here, but do MS and MY LR share the same headlights? If so seems like MY LR owners don't complain about their headlights nearly as much as S owners...
So the the MY LR currently is the only MY model that has the old pre-matrix headlights. However these are different than the Model S headlights. The only thing they share AFAIK is the fact that they are not matrix.

Last edited:
Reactions: paulchou
Glen Allen SC as of this morning still very light on inventory. All of the white cars shown are ones awaiting pick up. Only one model S and that was white with cream interior. The new owners were already taking delivery

Attachments

• 13CC0AE6-493D-4788-B518-DF7A6579F3F0.jpeg
    13CC0AE6-493D-4788-B518-DF7A6579F3F0.jpeg
    817.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 003BB920-A9E3-44CE-85C3-DC3735ABE98F.jpeg
    003BB920-A9E3-44CE-85C3-DC3735ABE98F.jpeg
    634.1 KB · Views: 66
Glen Allen SC as of this morning still very light on inventory. All of the white cars shown are ones awaiting pick up. Only one model S and that was white with cream interior. The new owners were already taking delivery
Isn't that a red Model S in the far right of the second picture? Did you get a close look at it? I'm hopeful it might be mine.