Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I assume you're referring to having ordered FSD at $8k vs $10k for 2021 orders. At the time of my delivery I was in contact with a real, live person at my delivery center (via the Tesla text relay that goes to a local-dish group of them, but they did introduce themselves by name). I mentioned it to them a week prior to deliver and they had to check on it. They came back and said it would show up within 48 hours of delivery, but actually didn't show up until 24 hours prior (as "REFERRAL DISCOUNT"). This is what others with the same deal saw as well.
Nope. The $2k has nothing to do with the FSD or AP; it's all about the massive delay some of us had in actually getting our cars. As a reminder, production was to begin in March of 2021, IIRC, hence Tesla's offer to "make things right" for those of us that ordered in 2020.

Many others have posted about their $2k discount many months ago, but with my SA leaving at the end of December, and the rush to get our car (after another delay due to adding a trade-in), AND the lack of actual, you know, "paperwork" to look at, I just missed the fact that the $2k wasn't listed anywhere . . . .

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
Re the new headlights, it’s looking more and more like that might not be as “imminent” as some have speculated.
Yeah nothing to actually indicate these are coming to the US at all. Just a model S in another country with them that was covered up. And the S has a history of different lights outside of US. I hope they do, but lots of rumors and speculation gets put out as a "sure thing" and people get excited, make rash decisions etc.

Yeah nothing to actually indicate these are coming to the US at all. Just a model S in another country with them that was covered up. And the S has a history of different lights outside of US. I hope they do, but lots of rumors and speculation gets put out as a "sure thing" and people get excited, make rash decisions etc.

Haven't you been paying attention? Someone is very optimistic it is not a rumor.

My EDD shrunk and a VIN appeared. Same story as others here have reported. Can't decide if I'm super excited, or a little sad. If indeed I really do get a car this month, and new headlights show up the next week (after waiting 8 months already) I am going to be sad.

A little less so if we can retrofit in the new lights. Honestly I would be happy to pay for them. I have a terrible feeling there will be some reason that they won't work from a retrofit perspective.

My EDD shrunk and a VIN appeared. Same story as others here have reported. Can't decide if I'm super excited, or a little sad. If indeed I really do get a car this month, and new headlights show up the next week (after waiting 8 months already) I am going to be sad.

A little less so if we can retrofit in the new lights. Honestly I would be happy to pay for them. I have a terrible feeling there will be some reason that they won't work from a retrofit perspective.
Are you a 470 VIN?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Yeeeesss I saw that this morning! The first application of that light patent may be in the new Model S headlights.

Tesla filed for a "Global headlamp" patent on July 28, 2021, which was published on February 3, 2022. The patent describes an invention that allows headlights to be "universal" and customizable, allowing the company to produce headlights to a uniform standard and customize them to meet the requirements of different jurisdictions.

Would be pretty silly to put these "Global headlamps" only in foreign markets.