Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And yeah, I was a victim of the dealers blocking Tesla when they forced the last test drive event in January to cancel about an hour before I got there, leaving everyone including hotel staff wondering where they went. That forced me to buy without ever driving it, but I was always determined to buy even if I never got to see one with my own eyes.

Bet that wasn't what the dealers planned on...:biggrin:

Bet that wasn't what the dealers planned on...:biggrin:

Exactly.

I believe in the short term, dealers blocking tesla from selling only creates "forbidden fruit" and actually increases sales. Anyone with the financial means to buy a Model S (or Model X) will own one regardless of their state dealer association. Of course, this issue needs to be resolved before Model E.

If anyone needs evidence to the "forbidden fruit," theory, check out the Hamilton SuperCharger ribbon cutting. More attention is given to Tesla in states that "ban" direct sales, than those that allow it. Again, this can be a positive in the short term (2-3 years).

Pilot_51 - if you need to charge, Private Message me, we have a HPWC and two Nema 14-50's at my office in Royal Oak (also it's Tesla's official site for the Woodward Dream Cruise).

Sorry to go off Topic...

As promised, my car with the lit T.
Lighted T.JPG

Sorry for the blurry pic. I'll get a better one soon.

"Your Model S is being prepared for pickup or delivery"
3 days to build!
How long can it take to get to Florida?

I was told "up to 2 weeks" for transport to Houston, but it seems like actual times are much less than that, especially with winter over. Hopefully now that you are done, my car will be entering production soon. Guess I am waiting for the next Grey batch...our order history seems similar.

Jason

I was told "up to 2 weeks" for transport to Houston, but it seems like actual times are much less than that, especially with winter over. Hopefully now that you are done, my car will be entering production soon. Guess I am waiting for the next Grey batch...our order history seems similar.

Jason
I think the DS folks are trained to set low expectations. I was told a week to build so I'm hoping for next week for delivery. Weird that it took so long for you to get a VIN.

There's an add-on for that.

Check4Change :: Add-ons for Firefox
Chrome Web Store - Page Monitor

I've only tested the Firefox add-on on a different page and it seems to work fine. My only issue with it so far is that it can only monitor one block of text per tab, but that can be worked around by having a tab for estimated delivery and another for status. Since I don't expect to see any changes for a while, especially the status, I've set it to check the delivery date once per hour.

Similar story here. I've been almost constantly looking for them since I got my job and started carpooling in late 2012. Not a day goes by where I don't try to identify every car I see on the 50 mile round trip commute. I even have a spreadsheet where I keep track of the when, where, and what (color, plate, etc.). Excluding the four I saw at the last two Detroit auto shows, I've spotted five in the wild, though all of them only for a few seconds. Fortunately, I have blurry dash cam footage of 3 of them to prove that they exist in Michigan. It blew my mind when the first two I saw were on back-to-back days, June 4th and 5th of 2013, and the first still remains the best.
I've told my family, my team of four at work, a few friends, the loan guy at my credit union, and the Internet (G+ and Tesla forums/IRC). The only person I haven't directly told who asked me about it was a co-worker who noticed my G+ post. Other than that, it doesn't seem to spread nearly as much as in your case, despite being in an open room of dozens of developers.
"When are you getting it?" is by far the most common question. My dashboard says late June, which is usually what I've been telling people, but sometimes I'll say late June/early July because I might want to schedule delivery for July 3rd (my birthday) and take advantage of the holiday for an extra day off.

I confirmed on 4/22 and haven't received my VIN or even a phone call yet. Hopefully soon...

Hey Pilot_51 - I confirmed on 4/22 as well (hey, it was Earth Day...) Race ya!