Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My RN11540 has said March 20-31 for the last 6 weeks. I'm somehow expecting it to get booted into next quarter. I haven't heard of anyone's dates moving further out for a while though.
Then you have not read my posts. I am RN11461 (3/8/21). I thought I'd get it 12/31 based upon a 12/20 request to renew my financing. Then moved to January, then February then March 31. Last week moved from 3/31 to April to May. And, I am not alone.

Then you have not read my posts. I am RN11461 (3/8/21). I thought I'd get it 12/31 based upon a 12/20 request to renew my financing. Then moved to January, then February then March 31. Last week moved from 3/31 to April to May. And, I am not alone.
It's *sugar* like this that makes me glad I just went ahead and took delivery 2 weeks ago.

I have seen it happen like yours which is why until I get a vin and the date narrows more I’m I won’t be holding my breath

I placed my order (June 17, 2021) on hold in early January until end of March. Looks like Tesla is now sending out emails to early reservation holders to get us moving. I'm going to click ready on March 12th.View attachment 775702
I got the exact same email. I was planning on saying I'm ready on the 7th anyway since I was assuming (hoping) the new new LRs would be all that's available by then.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I have placed no holds and been begging for delivery since September….I wish they’d ahdhdjsk deliver my May order already. Where are all the VIN assignments? Seems like it’s been a crazy slow drip since the refresh refresh and almost everyone has EOQ EDDs. Feels like many of us are going to be let down…
The lines are ramping back up, and then simultaneously, there is also the shipping time delay. They'll be back in full swing soon.😃

Hey guys, long time caller, first time listener. I placed my order for a plaid Jan 27, got my vin sat Feb 26th. Was a 472 and confirmed to have old lights. I put a hold and unlinked the vin that day.

On the 27th (sun) I took off the hold and got a new vin yesterday still 472 but with the new lights (global/no radar/etc). Confirmed by SA. Delivery is still 3/2-3/6.

Edd didn’t change once even after the day long hold.

Not saying everyone take your holds off but I did and within 2 days got a 472 vin but with new build.

Hey guys, long time caller, first time listener. I placed my order for a plaid Jan 27, got my vin sat Feb 26th. Was a 472 and confirmed to have old lights. I put a hold and unlinked the vin that day.

On the 27th (sun) I took off the hold and got a new vin yesterday still 472 but with the new lights (global/no radar/etc). Confirmed by SA. Delivery is still 3/2-3/6.

Not saying everyone take your holds off but I did and within 2 days got a 472 vin but with new build.
What the SA said...you should be prepared to bounce it on delivery day if what SA said isn't what you get.

I placed my order (June 17, 2021) on hold in early January until end of March. Looks like Tesla is now sending out emails to early reservation holders to get us moving. I'm going to click ready on March 12th.View attachment 775702
Yep, I just got one as well. My reservation is pre-price increase. I wonder if they are trying to make us take a pre-light refresh vehicle?

So. A friend ordered an S back in August, 21 but has never completed his profile because he turned around and ordered an X instead. Now Tesla is cajoling him to complete the profile on the S order so they can assign him a VIN (his words). I suggested he gets both cars and sell the S likely at a profit. I saw this immediately selling at a profit discussed here towards the end of last year. Is it still going on?

You’re putting a lot of faith in that SA.

So. A friend ordered an S back in August, 21 but has never completed his profile because he turned around and ordered an X instead. Now Tesla is cajoling him to complete the profile on the S order so they can assign him a VIN (his words). I suggested he gets both cars and sell the S likely at a profit. I saw this immediately selling at a profit discussed here towards the end of last year. Is it still going on?
I would say, “no” on that, if a Plaid model.

With the refresh on the refresh I see those sales prices dropping on the LR from around 105k on average to below 100- which is basically a wash depending on taxes.

I am a little confused and want some clarification. I texted the Tesla number and no one responds with a straight answer.

I ordered my model s on 2/6. I completed everything on my profile except I have not applied for financing. I am therefore being told that my Profile is not completed which could delay delivery. But I am also told not to apply for financing yet because my EDD isn’t until June. I am confused on what to do. Tesla is now telling me to change my payment method to cash to complete my profile then I can change it back to financing later on. Is that what I should do? I feel like I’ve been told contradictory things. Thanks!