Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel so left out…I don’t get the horn or the vibration.
crying-sad.gif

So I spoke with an SA and they confirmed that the vehicle assigned to me has the new lights. Now my decision is super hard - take delivery, park outside for an indefinite amount of time and keep original pricing, or re-order at a later date? I feel like I won the lottery by extending a June 2021 price all the way out to now. Especially when you see what Rivian customers are having to deal with today - yikes!

Hmm...
Car cover?

Question for the group here: would you take delivery of your Plaid if you didn't have a way to garage it (yet)?

It's taken longer than anticipated for my wife and I to buy a home with a larger garage where we can have both our Model X and the Plaid in the garage, and now it's finally decision day. Am I crazy for taking delivery of a $120k vehicle and then parking it outside? The choice is complicated by the fact that if I delay again I'll lose out on the $120k price.

And yes, I already asked if we could park the Plaid in the garage since it's newer, but the wife put the kibosh on that one. 😅
My 2018 Model X was under a tree that sheds and the hot South Florida sun for the entirety of its 3-year lease; I would wash it and a day later it would be filthy; I turned it in with 10K miles; my biggest complaint was the part of the window under the rear spoiler was always filthy and it could never get cleaned, you shouldn't worry about it; it's a car after all. I ordered my Model S LR today. I am sure we will redo the house in the next year or so and add a garage, not having a garage should not be a reason not to buy a car. Enjoy it and have fun complaining about not having a garage, as I did :)

Yup! Good catch. Looks to me like the rear hatch on that right side needs to close a little more and that might take care of it.
Gap on right side is larger than the left. Adjust the right rubber bumper in a little to allow the hatch to close more, done!

@Donsla MS Think it vibrates, or will shortly? There are a couple reports of recent 2022 deliveries with the dreaded vibration, unfortunately.

Question for the group here: would you take delivery of your Plaid if you didn't have a way to garage it (yet)?

It's taken longer than anticipated for my wife and I to buy a home with a larger garage where we can have both our Model X and the Plaid in the garage, and now it's finally decision day. Am I crazy for taking delivery of a $120k vehicle and then parking it outside? The choice is complicated by the fact that if I delay again I'll lose out on the $120k price.

And yes, I already asked if we could park the Plaid in the garage since it's newer, but the wife put the kibosh on that one. 😅
Don't worry about it. I used to park my 570GT in our apartment's guest parking for a long time. I am not sure what are you worrying about. R u afraid it might get scratched? If you take delivery now, you can save the money on a whole car PPF. Take the delivery and live a happy life.

YUP. Just saw that.
First off, let me say on the record that I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Rivian. Outstanding truck/SUV. Such a cool product. Hell, I think even at 96k for the 400 mile truck, it'll still do great.

With that being said... THIS right here. THIS is why context is so important when thinking about Tesla and their prices. The first thing I thought when I heard this was "Everyone's got a plan and says Tesla is crap and competition is coming, blah blah blah, until all Hell breaks loose. And it just did." B. O. H. I. C. A.
People left and right are canceling now. Twitter comment after Twitter comment. And I also keep seeing this:
This is why Tesla's method works better. If the reservation is locked in, you are safe.

Now, let me be clear that this will happen with the Cybertruck too. It's probably going up by ~10k for the Dual Motor, and the Quad will likely be in the high 80s. But not by 20k. However, an important distinction here, is Tesla has north of 1.3 million preorders to work through. They've got the time and the money to lower prices and work this out if they need to. Tesla is fully profitable, with 29.2% (excl credits) gross margins. Not the same with Rivian. I think they'll be fine, but this is still quite the move to make for being a startup. I wish them well.:)
My fully kitted R1T reservation was jacked 20%. WTAF