Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,
I ordered a Plaid, Blue/Blk, no FSD (going with the monthly), on Feb 9. EDD was 4-8 weeks, then changed to June/July last week, and now it just got revised to 3/2 - 3/9. Wondering if it’s one of the models floating around before the headlight update.
Oh wow, I ordered the same... Plaid, Blue/Blk, no FSD with normal 19" Tempest wheels on Feb 23. EDD was 4-8 weeks, then changed to 12-16 weeks, and today shows March 13-25. I'm upgrading from a Model Y LR. It was the fastest car I had ever owned and now I've got the bug for MORE!!!!! :p. Wonder if this type of EDD movement is normal?

A little off topic, but we dont know how well we have it here with Tesla. I also have a RIVIAN on order and they just sent an email out about price increases and current deposits have no protection.

My $79k R1T is now $95k. F Rivian! I placed an order for my model S in Feb of last year and paid exactly that price in December when I picked it up, not a penny more. Long live ELON.

A little off topic, but we dont know how well we have it here with Tesla. I also have a RIVIAN on order and they just sent an email out about price increases and current deposits have no protection.

My $79k R1T is now $95k. F Rivian! I placed an order for my model S in Feb of last year and paid exactly that price in December when I picked it up, not a penny more. Long live ELON.

Seriously? That's some BS....

little off topic, but we dont know how well we have it here with Tesla. I also have a RIVIAN on order and they just sent an email out about price increases and current deposits have no protection.

YUP. Just saw that.
First off, let me say on the record that I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Rivian. Outstanding truck/SUV. Such a cool product. Hell, I think even at 96k for the 400 mile truck, it'll still do great.

With that being said... THIS right here. THIS is why context is so important when thinking about Tesla and their prices. The first thing I thought when I heard this was "Everyone's got a plan and says Tesla is crap and competition is coming, blah blah blah, until all Hell breaks loose. And it just did." B. O. H. I. C. A.
People left and right are canceling now. Twitter comment after Twitter comment. And I also keep seeing this:
This is why Tesla's method works better. If the reservation is locked in, you are safe.

Now, let me be clear that this will happen with the Cybertruck too. It's probably going up by ~10k for the Dual Motor, and the Quad will likely be in the high 80s. But not by 20k. However, an important distinction here, is Tesla has north of 1.3 million preorders to work through. They've got the time and the money to lower prices and work this out if they need to. Tesla is fully profitable, with 29.2% (excl credits) gross margins. Not the same with Rivian. I think they'll be fine, but this is still quite the move to make for being a startup. I wish them well.:)

Reactions: stars and impastu
Wonder if that is also true for those of us who took delivery before November but who got airbag recall/replacement ? @jebinc ?
@GrnSqrl Heres the P/N of our new air bag module. Is it the airbag horned enabled one? Anyone know?

D7805C8A-2493-4D74-8C1A-9521DAD35985.png

Did they require a refundable order fee? If so, then bye bye. If nonrefundable, then they can't raise the price going forward..

Reactions: EndlessPlaid