Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a little confused and want some clarification. I texted the Tesla number and no one responds with a straight answer.

I ordered my model s on 2/6. I completed everything on my profile except I have not applied for financing. I am therefore being told that my Profile is not completed which could delay delivery. But I am also told not to apply for financing yet because my EDD isn’t until June. I am confused on what to do. Tesla is now telling me to change my payment method to cash to complete my profile then I can change it back to financing later on. Is that what I should do? I feel like I’ve been told contradictory things. Thanks!
Yes, do that.

I am a little confused and want some clarification. I texted the Tesla number and no one responds with a straight answer.

I ordered my model s on 2/6. I completed everything on my profile except I have not applied for financing. I am therefore being told that my Profile is not completed which could delay delivery. But I am also told not to apply for financing yet because my EDD isn’t until June. I am confused on what to do. Tesla is now telling me to change my payment method to cash to complete my profile then I can change it back to financing later on. Is that what I should do? I feel like I’ve been told contradictory things. Thanks!
Yes- change to cash- easy to switch to third party financing or Tesla financing later when you get a VIN

Yes- change to cash- easy to switch to third party financing or Tesla financing later when you get a VIN
Interestingly, it has been speculation and consistent advice on this forum that a profile is considered incomplete until you indicate method of payment. To my knowledge this had never been explicitly stated by Tesla and the OP says Tesla actually told them to put in cash as a placeholder. Worth noting.

Interestingly, it has been speculation and consistent advice on this forum that a profile is considered incomplete until you indicate method of payment. To my knowledge this had never been explicitly stated by Tesla and the OP says Tesla actually told them to put in cash as a placeholder. Worth noting.
Tesla SAs have told me outright to put cash (regardless of whether paying cash or financing) to check this box complete. It's worked both times (3 weeks from order to delivery in June '21 and 9 days from order to delivery in Dec '21) and I simply switched over to financing after VIN assignment.

While not in any Tesla manual/website, it definitely plays a part in matching.

Tesla SAs have told me outright to put cash (regardless of whether paying cash or financing) to check this box complete. It's worked both times (3 weeks from order to delivery in June '21 and 9 days from order to delivery in Dec '21) and I simply switched over to financing after VIN assignment.

While not in any Tesla manual, it definitely plays a part in matching.
Agreed but you don't count because you belong to the coveted PLAID club

Oh no, I've been told (after a fair amount of waffling back and forth by SAs) that the reason my wife's Y was pushed out for months because I didn't complete my profile. I completed the Plaid (on battery day) and just push cash because I didn't know what I was going to do, but then ended up doing it for the Y as well. When I mentioned that to an SA who seemed to know what he was doing, he agreed it was the best option and I've been trying to spread the good word on here whenever I can, haha.

@GrnSqrl Heres the P/N of our new air bag module. Is it the airbag horned enabled one? Anyone know?

View attachment 775570
Update on this, since @EndlessPlaid didn’t come through… 😂

I confirmed with Tesla, that this part is the most current part number for the refreshed S models, so it should be the airbag horn module Elon mentioned is in all cars produced since November.

Actual Telsa response was -

“Thanks! It does look like the part we put in is the newest available revision, so I think chances are good. I don’t know that we’ll know for sure until the firmware that he references comes out (I have no idea when version number or when that will be, however).
Thanks!”

Last edited:

I confirmed with Tesla, that it part is the most current part number for the refreshed S models, so it should be the airbag horn module Elon mentioned is in all cars produced since November.

Telsa actual response was -

“Thanks! It does look like the part we put in is the newest available revision, so I think chances are good. I don’t know that we’ll know for sure until the firmware that he references comes out (I have no idea when version number or when that will be, however).
Thanks!”
I doubt the airbag is any different. It is probably the steering yoke and wiring harness that are different to enable the horn from pushing on the airbag. (And possibly a lot more.)

Last edited:
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Any chance of The airbag horn module being on the Replaced Airbag On the Recall of Model S / X ? I just got mine replaced Yesterday since it was part of a recall on the plaid.

Here is the part number of what they put in.

1646249942078.png

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

I confirmed with Tesla, that it part is the most current part number for the refreshed S models, so it should be the airbag horn module Elon mentioned is in all cars produced since November.

Thanks!”
🎉 that’s awesome!!!! Thanks for driving to closure! 😄

Thanks!”
Wth do you mean bro? @GrnSqrl asked me to ask my sources and I did!😃

• Funny
Reactions: GrnSqrl and jebinc
Any chance of The airbag horn module being on the Replaced Airbag On the Recall of Model S / X ? I just got mine replaced Yesterday since it was part of a recall on the plaid.

Here is the part number of what they put in.

View attachment 775816
See above and below…. Literally on this same page. Thank you.

It’s recommended to select cash for payment so your profile is complete. When you receive a VIN you can discuss with your SA that you’ll be applying for a loan to complete payment, either through Tesla or financial institution you see fit. Loan approvals last 30-60 days depending on the financier.