Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So what are “demo” cars? I was looking to test drive a car for several weeks but none were available. So is it a test drive vehicle they put in inventory? Or is it a rejected vehicle? Or are they showroom vehicles?
Demo cars normally would be cars made available for test drives or for showroom. I agree I haven’t seen Model S in either of the local SC in Michigan for test drives. But I know someone mentioned there was a Model S in the Schaumburg, IL showroom last week. The ones I saw in inventory are 2021 model year so that would make sense Tesla would be getting rid of them.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Demo cars normally would be cars made available for test drives or for showroom. I agree I haven’t seen Model S in either of the local SC in Michigan for test drives. But I know someone mentioned there was a Model S in the Schaumburg, IL showroom last week. The ones I saw in inventory are 2021 model year so that would make sense Tesla would be getting rid of them.
Sunnyvale SA told me if I am considering an MS, I can check one in their showroom.

@EndlessPlaid @jebinc @WilliamG

Hello all, I am considering going through my MS LR order placed in June 2021, pushed EDDs two times (Dec 2021/Feb 2022). I got an email to confirm "I am ready" by 13 Mar or my order may cancel. Question: Should I push the button now or wait until 12 Mar so I can get assigned a refresh 2.0 MS LR with new lights (LOVE EM!!!). In case they do assign a rejected older MS LR, what are my options? Will greatly appreciate your thoughts. TIA!!!

Hello all, I am considering going through my MS LR order placed in June 2021, pushed EDDs two times (Dec 2021/Feb 2022). I got an email to confirm "I am ready" by 13 Mar or my order may cancel. Question: Should I push the button now or wait until 12 Mar so I can get assigned a refresh 2.0 MS LR with new lights (LOVE EM!!!). In case they do assign a rejected older MS LR, what are my options? Will greatly appreciate your thoughts. TIA!!!
Thanks for including me! :)

If you want to guarantee (to the best of your ability) the new lights, waiting the longest is the best option for sure. Things could still happen, but it'd significantly reduce the likelihood of you getting the old lights. For the most part, everyone now is getting assigned VINs that likely have the new lights, so that indicates that Tesla has very little inventory remaining of the old lights. I think by 12 March, it'll be basically guaranteed that you'll get assigned a new light VIN. I wish you could wait a little longer to absolutely be sure, but I think you should still be good. :)

I hope this was helpful!

Reactions: WilliamG

If you want to guarantee (to the best of your ability) the new lights, waiting the longest is the best option for sure. Things could still happen, but it'd significantly reduce the likelihood of you getting the old lights. For the most part, everyone now is getting assigned VINs that likely have the new lights, so that indicates that Tesla has very little inventory remaining of the old lights. I think by 12 March, it'll be basically guaranteed that you'll get assigned a new light VIN. I wish you could wait a little longer to absolutely be sure, but I think you should still be good. :)

I hope this was helpful!
What he said!

• Love
And @itsssr I hate to say it, but if they do assign an old light VIN, I'm afraid there are very little to no options. :(
The best you could hope for would be to somehow put it back on hold or cancel and re-order, but if you cancel and re-order, then you lose the deposit and any savings over today's price.
This is why I recommend waiting as long as possible, as we want to try to avoid that outcome as much as possible. :)

And @itsssr I hate to say it, but if they do assign a old light VIN, I'm afraid there are very little to no options. :(
The best you could hope for would be to somehow put it back on hold or cancel and re-order, but if you cancel and re-order, then you lose the deposit and any savings over today's price.
This is why I recommend waiting as long as possible, as we want to try to avoid that outcome as much as possible. :)
What he said…again!

I hope this was helpful!
Thanks for the quick reply @EndlessPlaid . Much appreciated!! Yes, that makes total sense to wait as long as possible. I am just kinda worried if they would match locally with someones rejected "older" MS LR, but I guess we can only hope. I will keep you all posted!!

BTW, I am Team Black Appliqué!!! Thanks for your keen eyes!!! :D

And @itsssr I hate to say it, but if they do assign an old light VIN, I'm afraid there are very little to no options. :(
Yes, will wait until 12 Mar 11:59 pm and click I am ready...haha. Def don't want to lose the savings over today's price. :) Thanks again!

Thanks for the quick reply @EndlessPlaid . Much appreciated!! Yes, that makes total sense to wait as long as possible. I am just kinda worried if they would match locally with someones rejected "older" MS LR, but I guess we can only hope. I will keep you all posted!!

BTW, I am Team Black Appliqué!!! Thanks for your keen eyes!!! :D
Yeah I know, that's the risk unfortunately. Like you say, we can only hope! :)

Oh great to hear! Heck yeah Team Black Applique FTW!!!! :cool:

• Funny
Reactions: WilliamG and itsssr

Seems safe to push the button now.

For LR you are probably right, I’d still wait though to be more certain.

For Plaids though, 3 old vins assigned in the last 3 days, just on this forum (myself included), so for Plaids, delaying to at least mid to late March isn’t a bad idea.
Ordering a plaid today nets you a June/July EDD, so you’re safe unless Tesla tries to push another’s reject on you - and that could just as likely happen five days from now, as it could tomorrow. Waiting until one minute before the clock strikes midnight on the 13th, and risking your significantly discounted price, seems foolish to me. YOMV.